Abhisit Ready For Political Debate With Yingluck

Lite Beer

The moronic masses of north a north east love her or any ptp , the floating voters should take note if she is absent from a leaders debate

Is it necessary to be so insulting of about 50% of the electorate ??

Moronic indeed..........

Care to suggest an epithet for yourself ??

36% of the electorate ...

He said "the moronic mass...", not the masses are moronic.

A subtile difference.

Some of the masses as a mass maybe moronic, and that batch loves PTP, but in general 'the masses' may or not be either, ptp fans or moronic.

Edited by animatic

• Replies 437
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yingluck declines to commit herself to P-net debate

I note Yingluck followed through with her commitment to being non-committal.

Yesterday was the last day to accept the debate invitation.

It came and went, the same as Yingluck's determination to look credible.

The moronic masses of north a north east love her or any ptp , the floating voters should take note if she is absent from a leaders debate

Is it necessary to be so insulting of about 50% of the electorate ??

Moronic indeed..........

Care to suggest an epithet for yourself ??

36% of the electorate ...

36% before the defections of several groups from PPP .....

It would be fun to watch! Abhisit --- speaking clearly and addressing the issues .... Yingluck stammering and saying "but when my brother picked me to head AIS and when my brother picked me to head PTP as party list #1 ...."

Thaksin thinks, PTP ...... succumbs?

Yingluck was afflicted or likely to be afflicted with a stammer......................

I don't care about the stammer, I just want to see her CRY after the first hard question!

It would be fun to watch! Abhisit --- speaking clearly and addressing the issues .... Yingluck stammering and saying "but when my brother picked me to head AIS and when my brother picked me to head PTP as party list #1 ...."

Yingluck was afflicted or likely to be afflicted with a stammer......................

I don't care about the stammer, I just want to see her CRY after the first hard question!

I only see some people cry because Yingluck ignores them and gives them the silent treatment. The polite way a Thai lady put you in your place.

:P

No hard questions for Yingluck :) She appears to have been far too afraid to debate. Possibly what the Dems were waiting for before they announced a political rally at Rachaphrasong.

Now the Dems can rally there --- remind the people of Thailand what went on and who escalated the violence each step of the way (and who offered early elections) ......

(Remember it isn't Abhisit's fault that PTP took in almost all of the red leaders as party-list candidates! ....

At the PNet debate he can hammer away at the PTP and Yingluck's lack of experience as anything but her brother's proxy AND at the lack of a platform from PTP beyond an amnesty for her brother. He can poke at the weaknesses of PTP's party-list. He can point to Thailand's economic growth during a world economic crisis. He can talk about the free 15 years of education, the free hospitals, and the monthly OAP. (Old age pension) Then he can point out all that PPP did from 2007-2008 ------ exactly nothing.

No hard questions for Yingluck :) She appears to have been far too afraid to debate. Possibly what the Dems were waiting for before they announced a political rally at Rachaphrasong.

Now the Dems can rally there --- remind the people of Thailand what went on and who escalated the violence each step of the way (and who offered early elections) ......

(Remember it isn't Abhisit's fault that PTP took in almost all of the red leaders as party-list candidates! ....

At the PNet debate he can hammer away at the PTP and Yingluck's lack of experience as anything but her brother's proxy AND at the lack of a platform from PTP beyond an amnesty for her brother. He can poke at the weaknesses of PTP's party-list. He can point to Thailand's economic growth during a world economic crisis. He can talk about the free 15 years of education, the free hospitals, and the monthly OAP. (Old age pension) Then he can point out all that PPP did from 2007-2008 ------ exactly nothing.

When are Thai political parties gonna get clued up to the importance of Public Relations when campaigning for elections? The Dems have put loads of welfare measures in place? Shout about it! The PTP will destroy democratic values? Shout about it! But no, they don't see such canvassing as value for money for some reason. I suggest that the reason is that they well know that they are up against thinking that is far more entrenched, far more radical than what they can aim their campaign budget at. I can't see them getting back in power without the kind of backing that silpha-archa alluded to last time around.

This place is in for some kind of revolution sooner or later and the global global economic situation is only going to accelerate that process.

Interesting connection between the Democrat Party rally and the nationally-broadcast P-Net Debates.

A check of the calendar reveals they are on the same day, June 23.

:)

Abhisit should show up for the debate, and in fickle Yinkgluck's place at the podium, there should be a life-sized cardboard cut-out with her smiling broadly (pun intended).

Really though, how can we expect her, or any other PT candidate to debate unless they have a direct phone link with their puppetmaster? After all, by their own declaration, "Thaksin Thinks, PT Acts" - they need Thaksin to do the thinking for them. The only speaking they can do on their own is regurgitate the words and sentences he's pre-arranged for them. Their posters should show a whole mass of Red Shirts and Red handlers and Ms Yingluck herself standing at microphones, with a 'Wizard of Oz' like giant head of Thaksin up above them, with 1,000 wire links from his big microphone - down to their microphones.

Perhaps the cardboard cut-out might hold up two fingers, instead of the usual one digit ? :whistling::rolleyes:

I only see some people cry because Yingluck ignores them and gives them the silent treatment. The polite way a Thai lady put you in your place.

:P

So it's not because she's got nothing much to say, or is incapable of debating, then ? B)

Interesting connection between the Democrat Party rally and the nationally-broadcast P-Net Debates.

A check of the calendar reveals they are on the same day, June 23.

:)

Brilliant. PTP has given their opponents 2 free rolls in the game.

Yingluck is out of the debate, but said she was sending

12233015751223303345l.jpg

Olarn Chaiprawat, in her place.

However, P-Net has rejected Olarn due to his inability to speak for the Pheu Thai Party as simply a member of it only.

Back to square one.

However, P-Net has rejected Olarn due to his inability to speak for the Pheu Thai Party as simply a member of it only.

Back to square one.

So, is this how the lady would govern if she were in the #1 political position in Thailand? Whenever she had to state her position on something, she would either send someone to speak for her (like Mr. Olarn, pictured above), or hide away and avoid the issue altogether. Of course, there's always the option, probably required, of getting words from her 'clone' - though that would require a time lapse for a phone call or trip to whatever small despotic country he's hiding out in at the time.

Maybe she didn't understand, that this invitation is for party-leaders only, and that she's supposed to be the leader of Pheu Thai, not just their 'pin-up girl' ? :rolleyes:

Thaksin could phone-in I guess ......

Maybe she didn't understand, that this invitation is for party-leaders only, and that she's supposed to be the leader of Pheu Thai, not just their 'pin-up girl' ? :rolleyes:

maybe he could be the ''turn'' for the interval entertainment ;

Probably time to get real.She knows she is way in front and that there's no guarantee a debate would improve her position.Exactly the same line taken by Tony Blair who always refused to debate.

As a matter of fact I think she's wrong and that she should debate.She would be a hard target for Abhisit despite his greater experience and eloquence.Joe Biden understood the problem when he debated Sarah Palin, and I imagine was happy with a draw.

Notification to all political posters:

Defamatory posts will not be tolerated

Abusive posts will not be tolerated

Inflammatory posts will not be tolerated

This nonsense will cease in these threads. Members will find their posting rights suspended until after if they cannot maintain civility and follow forum rules and this will be done without any prior notification other than the warn. This IS your notification.

TONE IT DOWN NOW

Back to square one.

So, is this how the lady would govern if she were in the #1 political position in Thailand? Whenever she had to state her position on something, she would either send someone to speak for her (like Mr. Olarn, pictured above), or hide away and avoid the issue altogether. Of course, there's always the option, probably required, of getting words from her 'clone' - though that would require a time lapse for a phone call or trip to whatever small despotic country he's hiding out in at the time.

Olarn is OUT, Yongyuth is IN.

Still no Yingluck at the debate... so the rest of your comments still apply.

Edited by Buchholz

A terrific selection by Pheu Thai Party.

Chosen as their representative to enunciate all the good things the Party has, the man who has repeatedly for over two years now has tried to leave the Party that he now finds himself speaking up for.

Should be an interesting time for The Reluctant One....

Puea Thai Party Leader wants to step down

Puea Thai Party Leader Yongyuth Wichaidit plans to step down so that his Party could be revamped and better prepared to fight back against the government.

"I've tried to resign three times already, but I was asked to hang on because of legal technicalities," Yongyuth said.

The Nation - January 19, 2009

followed by...

Yongyuth departs Pheu Thai

Pheu Thai Party leader Yongyuth Wichaidit on Thursday resigned his leadership with immediate effect on the ground that he wanted to pave way for party restructuring to gear for the next general election.

"Today I tender my resignation in order to ensure my party's readiness for the next poll," he said.

-- The Nation 2010-09-09

followed 5 days later by...

Yongyuth reinstated as Pheu Thai leader

BANGKOK, 14 September 2010 (NNT) - Members of the opposition Pheu Thai Party have re-elected Mr Yongyuth Wichaidit as the Party Leader.

The reappointment of Mr Yongyuth as Pheu Thai Party Leader was today supported by the Party members with a vote of 267 with 4 abstentions and 2 voided ballots during the confidential voting session.

Edited by Buchholz

Chosen as their representative to enunciate all the good things the Party has, the man who has repeatedly for over two years now has tried to leave the Party that he now finds himself speaking up for.

Puea Thai Party Leader Yongyuth Wichaidit plans to step down so that his Party could be revamped and better prepared to fight back against the government.

"I've tried to resign three times already, but I was asked to hang on because of legal technicalities," Yongyuth said.

followed by...

Pheu Thai Party leader Yongyuth Wichaidit on Thursday resigned his leadership with immediate effect on the ground that he wanted to pave way for party restructuring to gear for the next general election.

"Today I tender my resignation in order to ensure my party's readiness for the next poll," he said.

-- The Nation 2010-09-09

BANGKOK, 14 September 2010 (NNT) - Members of the opposition Pheu Thai Party have re-elected Mr Yongyuth Wichaidit as the Party Leader.

The reappointment of Mr Yongyuth as Pheu Thai Party Leader was today supported by the Party members with a vote of 267 with 4 abstentions and 2 voided ballots during the confidential voting session.

He's doing the Hokey Cokey.

followed by...

-- The Nation 2010-09-09

quote:

unquote.

He's doing the Hokey Cokey.

That one necessitated a Google assist, but ah yes, we know it as the Hokey Pokey, and yes.... he certainly shows his dedication to the Party by always having an open-ended departure boarding pass.

1-0.jpg

Thai Pime Minister and leader of Democrat party Abhisit Vejjajiva, left, speaks as Yongyuth Wichaidith of Pheu Thai party listens to him during a debate by six political party leaders titled 'What will you do to the country if your party won the election' in Bangkok Thursday, June 23, 2011.

http://news.yahoo.com/nphotos/slideshow/photo//110622/481/urn_publicid_ap_org_f7a54ff235014be19c544a9e819ba661/

1-0.jpg

Thai Pime Minister and leader of Democrat party Abhisit Vejjajiva, left, speaks as Yongyuth Wichaidith of Pheu Thai party listens to him during a debate by six political party leaders titled 'What will you do to the country if your party won the election' in Bangkok Thursday, June 23, 2011.

http://news.yahoo.co...544a9e819ba661/

What? No picture of Yingluck on an empty chair?

What? No picture of Yingluck on an empty chair?

That's what they should have done. She was the one invited. She is the leader of the party. If she is going to be PM, at some stage she has to deal with these sort of under the spot-light debates.

I didn't get to watch much of it. (I do have to work sometimes and we had a marketing staff meeting that I had to oversee at the time.) The brief parts I saw showed Abhisit to be a very polite speaker. It would have been nice had he actually come across a bit more directly, that may be the main problem with the Dem campaign. They play too nice, and by older Thai standards when they should go for the throat on occasion.