Is Your Wife Happy ?

GM1955

You don't have to ask this question if you got an wife that is financially independent from you. If you are however paying for everything for her and her family there is a much bigger chance she is not happy but stays with you for the money.

I think most expats here dont have relationships where the girl can walk away and like to keep it this way. It makes them think their 20+ years younger wife who is drop dead gorgeous loves them for their handsome inner tire around his waist and great humor and manners instead of his money.

I wonder how many of those wives would leave the guy in the blink of an eye if she could get the same amount without having to be with the guy.

Just make sure your in a relationship where your wife has a real choice and you don't have to ask these kind of questions.

It's like getting married as soon as possible and then find out how your wife is. Why not spend some time before you get married, then you get fast answer to how the GF and her family are. Do not rush into a marriage with a Thai

If my wife had a 'real choice' there would be no way she would be with me.

No point in having money if you can't use it to shag (often) someone well out of your league!

PS. No rush here, I took a whole week to decide to marry mine, she couldn't speak English, I couldn't speak Thai ... perfect.

Edited by sarahsbloke

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If you are fairly savvy so can you see if the lady is just out for money or not, but unfortunately there are so many farang who is on the monkey level here in Thailand and it's usually the ones who get to touch the poor women. First and foremost, you must accept that many girls here are raised to provide for their parents, if you fail there so you get an unhappy wife. If you can not afford to give some money to the parents so you can create a rift in the family. give a little is better than nothing.

You don't have to ask this question if you got an wife that is financially independent from you. If you are however paying for everything for her and her family there is a much bigger chance she is not happy but stays with you for the money.

I think most expats here dont have relationships where the girl can walk away and like to keep it this way. It makes them think their 20+ years younger wife who is drop dead gorgeous loves them for their handsome inner tire around his waist and great humor and manners instead of his money.

I wonder how many of those wives would leave the guy in the blink of an eye if she could get the same amount without having to be with the guy.

Just make sure your in a relationship where your wife has a real choice and you don't have to ask these kind of questions.

It's like getting married as soon as possible and then find out how your wife is. Why not spend some time before you get married, then you get fast answer to how the GF and her family are. Do not rush into a marriage with a Thai

No point in having money if you can't use it to shag (often) someone well out of your league!

PS. No rush here, I took a whole week to decide to marry mine, she couldn't speak English, I couldn't speak Thai ... perfect.

Then you have no reason to complain. I did the same thing 22 years ago, I soon learned to speak Thai and was thrown out of the village after 2 years I was almost killed, but an experience Richer LOL too many women in the same nest is not good.

laugh less, no, but she has put on about 5 kg in weight in the past 8 years.

I have told her to get back on the Som Tam and lose some!

And how much have you gained in the past 8 years? And you outweighed her by how much when you met?

Do you two ever have a conversation, or is it all about the physical relationship?

You must be part of those sad western/Thai couples I see at the food court at lunch -- eating lunch and never speaking to each other or sharing a special moment.

Hope you enjoy those magic moments in bed! What percent of your life is spent in those moments?

Edited by NancyL

I don't think there is a woman alive that would be with a specimen like this out of choice.

Because she should be drenchd with sweat. She should be moaning and convulsing. She should have that distant, far way look in her eyes.

She should not be smiling.

Well, I have to disagree with the statement that a woman should NOT have a smile on her face. Nothing wrong with a smile. I'm a woman, and I've often smiled during/after some of the most amazing sex I've ever had (with a loving partner - not just "some guy"). It means that I'm happy & satisfied, and that I'm happy to see the man I love satisfied as well. To me, some eye contact and a smile right after sex is the ultimate intimate moment. :)

Good comment

The Mona Lisa has to be a case in point here. She is not grinning but has a satisfied smile on her face.

If a you make love to a woman and she lies there in your arms with that hint of a satisfied smile, something must be OK. And to have that look in her eyes too B)

So, in reply to the OP asking about wives and g/f. Yes, she seems happy. Two years in and she does so many of those little things that seem to show she is content (though I might regret saying that as with so many TV curses LOL)

Just to say my original post was doctored. My original post did include the line :-

"Oh, wait a moment, is that really a smile or a grimace?" :blink:

laugh less, no, but she has put on about 5 kg in weight in the past 8 years.

I have told her to get back on the Som Tam and lose some!

And how much have you gained in the past 8 years? And you outweighed her by how much when you met?

Do you two ever have a conversation, or is it all about the physical relationship?

You must be part of those sad western/Thai couples I see at the food court at lunch -- eating lunch and never speaking to each other or sharing a special moment.

Hope you enjoy those magic moments in bed! What percent of your life is spent in those moments?

Obviously a big enough percentage to have kept rocketman around

regarding Thai women and farang men,i personally think manyof you on here talk a load of <deleted>,women arejust women wether ThAI OR farang.either that or many of you have bad marriages.

In the West it is difficult to marry a beautiful woman. In Thailand it is difficult to stay single. :jap:

I don't think there is a woman alive that would be with a specimen like this out of choice.

That's only because you don't understand women.

They pretend to like SNAGs, but they always end up in bed with men who treat them badly.

You just claimed it was the money that kept your wife with you, now you are saying it is because you treat her badly? I think you are a little confused, as always.

In any case, I am 100% sure that we are not interested in the same type of women so it doesn't really matter whether we differ in our opinions of how to keep one happy.

Edited by inthepink

In any case, I am 100% sure that we are not interested in the same type of women so it doesn't really matter whether we differ in our opinions of how to keep one happy.

Sorry, from your posts I had assumed you were gay and not interested in women at all .... my bad!

Sorry, from your posts I had assumed you were gay and not interested in women at all .... my bad!

An old man with the sense of humour of a 12 year old schoolboy - you're even sadder than I thought.

regarding Thai women and farang men,i personally think manyof you on here talk a load of <deleted>,women arejust women wether ThAI OR farang.either that or many of you have bad marriages.

I think I have to disagree with you. I see where you are coming from, but there are huge cultural differences. Thai women are taught that their husband is their god. This means they look after you very well; it is their responsibility. Not me saying this; its the Thai culture. Then there is boon kuen, she can never repay you for all the good things you have done for her, so she is indebt to you. Then there there are all the responsibilities she has of supporting her parents, etc. If your Thai wife was was brought up in western culture then she would be the same as a western wife :)

Is my Thai wife happy? Well the ex isn't, but that was her making. The girlfriend is, but she wants to be my wife, and I am happy being single for the moment. I suppose I might give in next year; we have been together 5 years so I think we know each other by now!

Edited by MaiChai

I think I have to disagree with you. I see where you are coming from, but there are huge cultural differences. Thai women are taught that their husband is their god. This means they look after you very well; it is their responsibility. Not me saying this; its the Thai culture. Then there is boon kuen, she can never repay you for all the good things you have done for her, so she is indebt to you. Then there there are all the responsibilities she has of supporting her parents, etc. If your Thai wife was was brought up in western culture then she would be the same as a western wife :)

I don't think there will ever be a winner in this type of debate - gender vs. culture. Personally, I think that both aspects play a large role in making someone who they are. In some ways, "women are women" and "men are men." There's no disputing that there are innate biological differences, and that some personality traits that seem to come largely just from being born a man or woman. In other ways, the culture in which a person is raised is more influential. Thai culture is very different from westerner cultures, so yeah, of course a Thai woman is likely going to think/act significantly different than a western women....and the same is true of Thai men vs. western men.

My wife is happy I believe, because I let her be herself and I take note of her needs and address them....And I always ask her if she is happy with something just to make sure...She is rewarding me by bearing our baby due in 2 months or so...

Edited by Debothai

BOTH my wives are happy... happy in the arms of other men.

And, I am happy that they are happy. I'm just thankful that they are no longer my responsibility. They gave me my freedom back, and freedom is worth more than anything to me. It just took me too long to realize it. :)

An old man with the sense of humour of a 12 year old schoolboy - you're even sadder than I thought.

Deep breath guys

In other words the goal posts have been moved. Whereas Western couples expect to understand each other and love each other, here its down to 'knowing' that the wife loves you.

That's rarely the case, but some Thai wives grow to care about their husbands and aren't looking for a wealthier option.

I dispute that by saying,

I don't believe any man knows what a woman truly thinks of him.

You can only think and hope your wife loves you.

Never a more true word spoken.......at last someone who knows what it`s about......and, in the other hand what we think of them too