Is Your Wife Happy ?

GM1955

We often have threads that display how terrible life is for Farangs in Thailand, the fact that they still stay here against all odds is certainly commendable, and they should be awarded medals.

How about their Wives or GF's ?

Have you made your Thai ladies life a total misery and she only puts up with you because you hold the purse strings ?

I know a mate of mine who married a girl who was the life and soul of any party, he has worn her down so much she is now as miserable as he is, shame really.

So, did your wife appear happier before you married them ?

Oh, don't tell me, TYhaiVisa wives are different, the fact that most of the posters here are miserable old bastards does not reflect in their home life and the wives are perfectly happy.

LOL.

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah right, who is going to admit that they made their wife miserable?

And besides, most people who have made their husband or wife completely miserable are probably too inept to notice what has happened, let alone to admit it!

Edited by tonititan

Most posters here air their prejudices and bigotry on line, do all their whinging and grizzling on this forum, and are thus cleansed of negativity and ill-will, and hence enjoy an ecstatically blissful homelife of mutual satisfaction and fulfillment. You just have to read their threads about their wives' cleaning cloths, and charming conversational wit, to see the joyous life to which we could aspire

SC

'StreetCowboy' timestamp='1305563645' post='4428533']

Most posters here air their prejudices and bigotry on line, do all their whinging and grizzling on this forum, and are thus cleansed of negativity and ill-will, and hence enjoy an ecstatically blissful homelife of mutual satisfaction and fulfillment. You just have to read their threads about their wives' cleaning cloths, and charming conversational wit, to see the joyous life to which we could aspire

SC

Well said , I think you have covered things in a nutshell , I have often wondered how people can be happy together when for much of the time they do not understand each other , some say " Well , you have to learn Thai " , not as easy as it sounds as that can take many years and you cannot get it right then in most instances , even Thai have problems with their language .

Do yourselves a favour , in the long run it is more advantagious for the wife to learn English in a logical sense . I realise I have opened the flood gates to abusive criticism , but you have to be logical in an approach to a union of two people , a little late for many as once you have set a pattern it is difficult to change .

I would say that by and large my wife is a happy soul , she was given free range to run the household on an agreed ' Allowance " with enough extra to help her family when NEEDED , not just when a hand was held out , many upsets come from this " I have to have " attitude extended families can have . What is not understood is talked about at the time it occurs , compatability by meeting somewhere in the middle is imperative to enjoy each others company , maipenrai is not an alternative to honest discussion .

I can't believe that any Thai wife/gf would be unhappy once they had a Farang husbang/boyfriend.

Just look at what alternative is available to them.

I can only assume that it is because GM1955's missus is not keeping HIM happy, that he chooses to ask the question.

The advice I was given years ago was "look after your Thai wife and she will take care of you".

Perhaps somebody else might be taking care of GM1955's :whistling:

(Possibly Ian by the sounds of it).

she certainly gets a laugh at some of the crap we discuss on tv... since when can a mere male divine the feelings of a wife or GF...?

he: " what's wrong dear" she:nothing!

I am sure they must all get bored on occasion though.. as do we methinks.. then it's time to take a break/change of scenery someplace alone or together,send her shopping or off to visit rellies, holiday with friend or relative ...

24x7 together with us old farts must be a trial...familiarity breeds...etc ......bound to pall if not addressed....

.. I know one or two euro couples that are "joined at the hip" ...often it's the guy who needs "mothering" and has charisma of chopped liver ta-boot..

I also know of some Farangs who treat there Thai wives like some inferior species... always bending my ear about her shortcomings..yes just like on tv.

just noticed......"dam_n! another dirty cloth" .... "junior miss size" pink panties hanging on the shower head!!..maybe that's a "territorial" thing though...lol....and there is a wad of black hair in the floor drain too! Horrors!!

lol my wife is at her sisters' right now..so I can smoke cigars, drink scotch and fart whilst in bed watching my inane Brit humour videos...ah married bliss....!

sorry gotta go ...I have SUCH a pile washing to do before she gets back.... :jap:

Edited by David006

Have you made your Thai ladies life a total misery and she only puts up with you because you hold the purse strings ?

why do you assume (a lot of others do too) that Farangs living in Thailand have Thai lady partners? :huh:

Oh, don't tell me, TYhaiVisa wives are different, the fact that most of the posters here are miserable old bastards does not reflect in their home life and the wives are perfectly happy.

I always assumed most of the miserable old bastards crowd here were unmarried renters of temporary wives :D

why do you assume (a lot of others do too) that Farangs living in Thailand have Thai lady partners? :huh:

Now that's an interesting statement Naam, and I might hazard a guess that most Farangs living here are with Thai partners rather than partners from their own country. Difficult to find a true answer to that, no idea how to do a poll that would give correct answer. I do think though, reading between the lines, that the OP was referring to Farangs with Thai partners with his question.

:ermm:mario299

why do you assume that farangs hold the purse strings ;)

G.M., Amazing Thailand, i was just thinking the same thing. Reflecting on my early years here. Please believe me,the Ferangs in my area, only 4 admitedly, and myself had not heard of Sin Sod,until an English Man got dragged up here by a Prostitute, or Bar Girl as P.C. Creeps call them. She came from a nearby Lao Village as the Locals refer to it, now over the Years the Village has about 10 Ferangs with Women from the same Bar. II think they were happy on both sides before the Biggish Bucks ran out, now most are on a Pension,and live a bit Hand to Mouth.Don't do the Usual trick Fokls of Shooting the Messenger because you've been had over,I'm just saying as I've seen it over my 30 Jolly Years here.Personally i prefer the Local Folk, they dont winge about Thailand all Day.:jap:

IM sure i make her happy and sad sometimes. I think that is normal, she has a job and is gone a lot. This is a good thing i could not stand to be with her 24/7. (I cant stand to be with anyone 24/7). My dad is the same way he might keep working after retirement because he does not want to be 24/7 at home with my mom.

For Thais this seems less of a problem then for us foreigners as they are used to being together all the time. My wife can leave me at any time as she is financially independent. I like to keep it that way, all those guys with kept wives will never know its the money that keeps them there or not.

I do know that i make her really unhappy with not cleaning the house so when she comes back from her trips (works as a guide). We both keep our own friends (and some mutual ones) Both can do things with our friends and are not limited to only spending time together. Just like it would be in a normal relationship in the west.

Seeing as how most of our wives were 'party girls' in their previous lives.

Hard to see how they could remain as happy once settled.

No free drinks, drugs, food and shags, no passing baby to mum.

But is life all about being happy?

(sorry, I forgot you all married half-Chinese, hi-so, university graduates)

Edited by sarahsbloke

I always assumed most of the miserable old bastards crowd here were unmarried renters of temporary wives :D

On the contrary, I would suggest we are among the happiest :)

Being of such status allows one the advantage of only temporary insanity.....and we usually have a few extra baht to boot ;)

"Oh, don't tell me, TYhaiVisa wives are different, the fact that most of the posters here are miserable old bastards does not reflect in their home life and the wives are perfectly happy. "

You're a bitter twisted old man GM.

Obviously speaking from experience huh? :whistling:

Edited by Livinginexile

Yes

I know a mate of mine who married a girl who was the life and soul of any party, he has worn her down so much she is now as miserable as he is, shame really.

Do I know you?

Of course she did.

:rolleyes:

The thing that attracted me to my wife initially was her sense of humor. She has the same dry, ironic wit that I have and so when we are going about our life there is always something to laugh about. She learned English from watching Seinfeld episodes and has a collection of "Elaine" expressions which are a riot when she pulls them out. Yada, yada, yada...

Everyone loves her because she is always telling funny stories and making people laugh just like her mother. I have no idea what their talking about but everyone is laughing and enjoying her. At the same time her friends respect her, as I do for her intelligence and integrity.

When we were in the states everyone she met loved her for her personality. My 86 year old mom and her loved to spend time together and they were like a couple of kids digging in the garden. She worked in a Thai restaurant in FL and she became quite good a disarming asshol_e customers with a well place joke that they never saw coming.

I think that healthy marriage demands that both partners get their needs met. This requires communication. It was not natural for her to ask for what she wanted initially and it took some time to cultivate this communication but she has it down pat now. Healthy relations demand communication, negotiation and compromise. She doesn't always get what she wants and neither do I but we have a sense that the relationship is solid for the long haul.

I think the key to making it work is that we are both very independent and we get our needs met from a lot of different sources. The more secure people are the less likely they are to suck the life out of each other. We have some friends that seem to be demanding that all their needs be met by their wives and the wives are clearly being worn down. One couple seems more like a employee/employer relationship than a marriage. Some do not communicate very well and there seems to be a hidden agenda running in the background that is not healthy. I am fortunate to have learned how to have close relationships with men and so I'm not having to ask her to understand my man issues. Men are expected to be men.

She has lots of friends both guys and girls and she is accomplishing her goals of obtaining a degree so she gets stressed out, but our home and our relationship is a safe harbor for her as it should be.

Yes

Do I know you?

Of course she did.

:rolleyes:

:cheesy: :cheesy:

Good to see an honest Poster

Anyway, who would actually want their wife to be happy if you had to pay an arm and a leg in sin-sod :crazy:

The smile on her face every day when we finish making love means she must be happy

When you finish making love to a woman she should NOT have a smile on her face.

But hey -- I'm just being a bore. I hope you and your wife are happy.

My wife is happy, I am happy :) Married for 4 years and never had any big problems. I am not saving up for a divorce so I can spend my money on my famely, and its makes me happy to make other villagers jealous, greedy little Thais. My FIL was the poorest man in the vilage no he is the richest and he realy takes back on them who made his life bad before, and I Like It:D