Iphone 4 Unlock?

ricardofel

This is best done yourself. Put the exact questions as stated above into Google and you will find the instructions. It's all easy to do.

Imagine if Apple was in the real estate business.. "Here, buy this house form us but we'll lock 2 rooms in it.". ;) Clearly you'd want to get those rooms opened asap, since you actually bought the place.

Edited by WinnieTheKhwai

It's not easy and could totally screw up your iPhone if you make one mistake. You need to know about your modem firmware and I haven't been able to find my version on the "unlock" sites. The house with locked rooms is a poor analogy.....you don't have to go to the internet to unlock them you just need to call a locksmith.

Go to PAE games shop near the train station. They can unlock & jailbreak the iPhone 4 with no problems at all. I know this because that's where mine was done and it works perfectly.

You will need to speak with them about prices etc, like most places here you get discounts etc when you use them a lot.

and anyone know where to go one jailbroken?

Pantip plaza (Just south of Night bizarre at corner, cant miss) is where I had mine unlocked last year...can't remember what floor (maybe 1st) but it was the west side of the plaza, small small shop and the guy kept my iphone and I picked up the next day....maybe I paid like 1000 baht and he reloaded my pics and music and the thing worked just fine until I brain farted in USA a few months ago and synced with itunes and had to unlock in Seattle again...I saw the guy in Pantip plaza did a better job than the guy in Seattle

In Airport Plaza on the 3rd floor. Enter the IT section with all the phone shops, across from the Apple store. Go to the shop in the back left hand side. They specialize in iPhones and iPads.

Its easy to do it yourself...

Google Greenp0ison... There are plenty of simple to follow step by step instructions on the internet.

It took about 10 mins to jailbreak my own iPhone4 a couple of months ago and really was quite simple.

You have to ensure that you have a 'jailbreakable' firmwear first. Firmwear 4.2 is breakable, but I'm not sure about V 4.3 yet.

(To check your version Select >> Settings > General > About )

Edit: Forgot to add. If you screw it up, you can simply restore your phone through iTunes.

Edited by richard_smith237

and anyone know where to go one jailbroken?

Pantip plaza (Just south of Night bizarre at corner, cant miss) is where I had mine unlocked last year...can't remember what floor (maybe 1st) but it was the west side of the plaza, small small shop and the guy kept my iphone and I picked up the next day....maybe I paid like 1000 baht and he reloaded my pics and music and the thing worked just fine until I brain farted in USA a few months ago and synced with itunes and had to unlock in Seattle again...I saw the guy in Pantip plaza did a better job than the guy in Seattle

2500 baht to unlock!

Its easy to do it yourself...

Google Greenp0ison... There are plenty of simple to follow step by step instructions on the internet.

It took about 10 mins to jailbreak my own iPhone4 a couple of months ago and really was quite simple.

You have to ensure that you have a 'jailbreakable' firmwear first. Firmwear 4.2 is breakable, but I'm not sure about V 4.3 yet.

(To check your version Select >> Settings > General > About )

Edit: Forgot to add. If you screw it up, you can simply restore your phone through iTunes.

I went to GreenpOison and the phone went completely DEAD!

2500 baht? ?? Heck, I'll do it for half that anyday! Seriously there are simple ways of doing it yourself...greenpoison or Sn0wbreeze are two easy free ways of unlocking any apple product...you do need to check your firmware to make sure it's unlockable though!

2500 Baht is just silly money. I wouldn't leave any phone in any store overnight in this country, not unless you want to get it back with all the internal components swapped for copy parts that is. There are numerous ways of downloading programmes to unlock & jailbreak it yourself and as mentioned, it's not rocket science. If you're not 100% confident though or have some doubt it's better just to take it somewhere and 10 min later, it's all done for you.

Not for 2500 Baht though lol

Given you don't know your IPhone "modem firmware" I think it better you not tackle this yourself...

Wander around the phone areas at Airport Plaza or KSK and look for a phone guy that has IPhones in the case and ask if they unlock...

I would say 500 baht wound be reasonable... I would also suggest that they not load any games or other crapware on it...

Given you don't know your IPhone "modem firmware" I think it better you not tackle this yourself...

Wander around the phone areas at Airport Plaza or KSK and look for a phone guy that has IPhones in the case and ask if they unlock...

I would say 500 baht wound be reasonable... I would also suggest that they not load any games or other crapware on it...

I couldn't agree more!! Very good point and worth noting!

Go to PAE games shop near the train station. They can unlock & jailbreak the iPhone 4 with no problems at all. I know this because that's where mine was done and it works perfectly.

You will need to speak with them about prices etc, like most places here you get discounts etc when you use them a lot.

Can you be more specific regarding directions? thanks

Can you be more specific regarding directions? thanks

If you turn right off the main road as though you were going into the train station, keep going straight past and take a left to cross over the tracks just past the station. As you come over the tracks you can turn left to go back to the main road, right to go to Lamphun or looking forward there is a fork in the road. Take the tight hand fork, this takes you along side the gas works. A very short way down on the left there is a small green coloured shop (PAE Games) and this is where you need to be.

They don't open whilst about midday though.

• 4 weeks later...

Does anyone know if the iPhones sold at official resellers are carrier locked or not like the US. It is widely rumored Apple is going to start selling unlocked iPhones in the US for $650 and curious if it's worth it to bring some to Thailand and make a little spending money.

I would presume an official unlocked iPhone would be worth more than a hacked/unlocked iPhone.

True sell an unlocked iPhone 16gb for 22,250 baht...

MBK vendors have unlocked iPhones from HKG for about the same price (in stock)...

You would have to undercut these prices substantially to sell yours given you are an unknown person who will not be around to service it...

The only safe way to unlock, not jailbreak, an iphone is through Apple using the IEMI number. Apple keep a database of all iphones, so itunes knows if your phone is offically or unofficially unlocked. If its unofficially unlocked itunes will lock it again.

As I'm now living here in the UK I dont know about how to unlock via the IEMI number in Thailand but if you're on contract with O2 here they will unlock it through Apple for free or 15 quid if its PAYG. Ive just had my 3GS unlocked that way, and I'm waiting for a 4 to arrive and will do the same with that.

Maybe AIS, DTAC or True offer something similar, I dont know but its worth asking, if not google might be able to point you in the right direction to get it officially unlocked.

Edited by sierra01

Thanks for the heads up. I was looking at iPad 2 and iPhone 4 prices and it does look like Apple has done a great job of getting the prices down to reasonable levels when compared to the US.

I'm probably not heading to Thailand until October which I'm hoping the new iPhone 5 will be out by then, probably September. I'll revisit the situation then cause it seems Thailand doesn't always get the iPhone immediately.

I think it's more cost effective and up-set proof to get one unlocked from the start.

Jailbreaking is easy and can be done at home (just wait for redsnow).

Unlocking is often difficult and it involves things like baseband versions. You can brick your phone as well.

Whereas there's almost no chance you can brick your phone simply thru jailbreaking. Reverting to factory setting is always possible.

Edited by infernalman7

Thanks for the heads up. I was looking at iPad 2 and iPhone 4 prices and it does look like Apple has done a great job of getting the prices down to reasonable levels when compared to the US.

I'm probably not heading to Thailand until October which I'm hoping the new iPhone 5 will be out by then, probably September. I'll revisit the situation then cause it seems Thailand doesn't always get the iPhone immediately.

Book your flight with a connection/1-2 day layover in Hong Kong and do a little shopping there - They usually get supply right after the US (ALL unlocked right out of the box) instead of 2-3 moths delay release here in Thailand!

And try the noodle soup in Kowloon ;-))

http://store.apple.com/hk