New Foodland?

JohnShanssy

It wouldn't make any sense for them to go out there as right now they're near Sukhumvit providing convenient access to East Pattaya. Now if they went to Jomtien, that would be exciting.

Only for those who live in Jomtien, the rest of us don't care :lol:

Wrong. It would include the whole South Pattaya area.

So you think that South Pattaya residents prefer to travel to jomtien through the warzone roads over traveling to central pattaya using smooth roads?

Would be great to have it here! ;)

Only if its a full size fully stocked store, not like these wanky little tesco and tops things popping up around the countryside.

Edited by Spoonman

So you think that South Pattaya residents prefer to travel to jomtien through the warzone roads over traveling to central pattaya using smooth roads?

i had to go to Jomtien yesterday to immigration after the morning rainstorm

i think i devalued my car by 25,000 baht during the journey.......

The Jungle Drums are saying it's going to be Foodland and located at the site of Harolds Driving range .................... ?:o

this would be a dream but... it would most likely turn out to be akin to that "Villa" that's on Khao Talo (Khao Noi??). they share the name and nothing else.

If the traffic moved on Pattaya Klang it may be bearable, Jomtien is preferred for me too. (cross fingers the road will be finished before we have flying cars)

If the traffic moved on Pattaya Klang it may be bearable, Jomtien is preferred for me too. (cross fingers the road will be finished before we have flying cars)

but then you'd just be waiting on the local govt to pave the roads for the flying cars to drive on ;) and, by that time, i'm assuming the monorail will be in place, so that's really going to require some excellent planning skillz.

The Jungle Drums are saying it's going to be Foodland and located at the site of Harolds Driving range .................... ?:o

Isn't Harolds Driving range in Jomtien? I recently heard the same rumor but that it was going to be located on the old driving range on SSCC. unsure.gif

Edited by WyattEarp

Yes. I live in Pratumnak area which is South Pattaya and I would prefer to travel 1km - 2km (depending where they would put the store) to Jomtien than going 5km to Foodland on Pattaya Klang. It's a no-brainer actually...even with the current roadworks.

I realise that I'm not gonna win him who is always right,but Pratumnak has always been considered Jomtien instead of South Pattaya.A no brainer actually.

I suppose you feel that taking a sarcastic stab at me verifies the quality of your statement. Don't be ridiculous. I live in Pratumnak and where I live is definitely Pattaya.

...anyway, no matter what you want to call it, there are a lot of people in the Pratumnak Hill area who definitely would prefer to travel down the South side of the hill to a decent supermarket in Jomtien. That was the point of my post, not an argument on borders.

I realise that I'm not gonna win him who is always right,but Pratumnak has always been considered Jomtien instead of South Pattaya.A no brainer actually.

I suppose you feel that taking a sarcastic stab at me verifies the quality of your statement. Don't be ridiculous. I live in Pratumnak and where I live is definitely Pattaya.

looking at postcodes Pratumnak Hill is in Jomtien.