Snake Identificaton

barakla

A striped keelback , we get tons of them here. Non venomous , but the large ones will give you a good nip if cornered.

Chequered Keelback is the name and there are a lot of them around Hang Dong as they love water and usually enter your garden looking for small rodents,toads etc. Fairly harmless but as stated will give a hard bite so let it be or guide it out somehow. If you touch it too hard with a broom or whatever it will rear up like a Cobra.

Seen this snake quite regularly, 3 times in the last 2 days, must be after all the toads & frogs in our ponds.

Though it did get a bit of a battering from a territorial little bird yesterday, much to my daughter's amusement..."it's just like on Discovery Channel.."

Thai like to eat the big ones. My dogs find one now and then, the smaller ones I let them go but when there is a big one, we call the snake hunter from the village.

Well how dumb was that? i printed the photographers name instead of the snake's? 555................. check out the site though,

555,that was a good one!!

i will check the site out,thx to all repliers,very helpfull and my wife is calming down a little bit!

regards

Had one on my rear balcony - beautiful, about 3 feet long - the kids watched from my bedroom I walked it back to the brook behind the house - just walked next to it (slightly behind) and it slithered its way back. No worries. Kid went to get my camera, but it as gone before they ventured out to hand it to me :lol:

Had a small one under my TV table in December, fast little burger that one! kept whizzing end to end as I tried to get to it before the dog ate it - in the end it shot through a small hole between water pipes in the wall - visiting the neighbours - never saw it again.