Visa Advices Needed

Sawadeekrap! I am a 33-year old Malaysian. Had been in a relationship with a Thai Lue for more than 3-years now. Due to her stateless status (she only holds a pink color 13-digit ID card), she has limitations on traveling outside the district she was registered to. It had been hell trying to find solutions to her problems and as usual it costs a lot of money. Now, that prompted me to migrate over to make the problem less complicated.

The questions;

1) Is she eligible to be married to a foreigner?

2) If yes, then I know what visa I should go for, if not - any kind souls here can advice me on the type of visa most suitable for me & the number of days of permission to stay in Thailand?

Khorkhunkrap!

Yes, she can marry a foreigner.

She is stateless, thus not Thai. I don't know if you can appply in that case for a visa (and extensions) based on being married to a Thai national.

She might be able to gain Thai nationality. Have her check this:

http://www.scribd.com/doc/20999732/Birth-Registration-and-Citizenship-in-Thailand

On internet you can aso find a Thai version.

Yes, she can marry a foreigner.

She is stateless, thus not Thai. I don't know if you can appply in that case for a visa (and extensions) based on being married to a Thai national.

She might be able to gain Thai nationality. Have her check this:

http://www.scribd.co...hip-in-Thailand

On internet you can aso find a Thai version.

Thanks Mario... If she indeed is allowed to marry a foreigner, then it will be good... as I am migrating over and we plan to have kids. Just wondering, if we are registered in a local amphur near her house, if we have kid in Thailand, will our child be granted Thai citizenship automatically or how?

As for her to gain Thai nationality, I had enquired, since she is registered in the system and issued a pink ID, all she needs to do is wait, it could be months or years or we never know... We were also offered help by some locals but a lot of money involved which I am afraid it will be a turn-out scam

Can you live in Malaysia rather than Thailand? Believe that would take care of the nationality by birth issue as children would then be Malaysian. Plus you would be in your home country and not require special visa/work permit requirements. Seems to me it would be easier with one issue (her getting married/into Malaysia) than you both and children having issues?

Can you live in Malaysia rather than Thailand? Believe that would take care of the nationality by birth issue as children would then be Malaysian. Plus you would be in your home country and not require special visa/work permit requirements. Seems to me it would be easier with one issue (her getting married/into Malaysia) than you both and children having issues?

I had looked at this option as well, but with her stateless status, she has no passport, and getting into Malaysia will be tough. By any means, if I bring her into Malaysia, I would have been a criminal guilty of smuggling alien into the country. I am seriously out of any idea...

If you can get married surly there would be a process available to have your wife enter Malaysia available. Believe you should be checking that with legal authorities if there is no first person advise provided.

If you can get married surly there would be a process available to have your wife enter Malaysia available. Believe you should be checking that with legal authorities if there is no first person advise provided.

Hi lopburi, registering a marriage is not possible in Malaysia as per the authorities...

I thought I was clear in saying marriage outside of Malaysia and then bringing your wife into the country; as your wife. Would that also be impossible? And how do you know that? I suspect you need serious legal advise. Perhaps you have checked all options but from your posts so far it does not appear that way to this reader.

Marry in Thailand and then bring her to Malaysia.

Contact a Malaysian lawyer to see if this would work.

Sorry, but how can you legally get married without the needed documents? Indeed a good lawyer could give you the right advise. :jap:

Have you contacted NGO groups concerned with such non-citizens? They are likely to be much more knowledgeable about such matters than any general law firm. Your GF should know what groups work with them and be able to put you in touch if you can not find with Google I would think.