ManU In Decline?

Bredbury Blue

Moyes will come up trumps. I assure everybody on that. I looked at this thread here, started at year of 2005 , MAN U in Decline. It is eight years since he open that thread, how many trophies did United get ? 5 Premiership titles, 3 League cups, 1 champions League,1 FIFA Club world, 5 FA Charity Shield. The OP must have shot himself in the foot. clap2.gif

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Moyes will come up trumps. I assure everybody on that. I looked at this thread here, started at year of 2005 , MAN U in Decline. It is eight years since he open that thread, how many trophies did United get ? 5 Premiership titles, 3 League cups, 1 champions League,1 FIFA Club world, 5 FA Charity Shield. The OP must have shot himself in the foot. clap2.gif

Ferguson was the manager up until last season wasn't he. Moyes is in charge of the team now that has made its worst start since 2005. Fairly relevant i'd say.

He's right, it is relevant, it will always be relevant, whether its true or not, is another matter...!

redrus

Well i suppose whether or not you think its true or not depends on whether you think Utd are a lesser team than the one under Ferguson and secondly whether you think Moyes was the right choice.

There is ofcourse a very justifiable opinion to give him time if you believe that he could come good and do the job. However there is the other view held by people, who were gobsmacked at his appointment and feel the guy was and is hopelessly out of his depth and feel he's a slightly better Sam Alladyce.

He's right, it is relevant, it will always be relevant, whether its true or not, is another matter...!

redrus

Well i suppose whether or not you think its true or not depends on whether you think Utd are a lesser team than the one under Ferguson and secondly whether you think Moyes was the right choice.

There is ofcourse a very justifiable opinion to give him time if you believe that he could come good and do the job. However there is the other view held by people, who were gobsmacked at his appointment and feel the guy was and is hopelessly out of his depth and feel he's a slightly better Sam Alladyce.

Listen, one way another all any of us are doing is speculating and pontificating.

All you guys are doing is delighting in the thought that we MIGHT be in decline. Yes, Fergie was a great manager but, he was a shit tactician and he befuddled me with his subs and his team selections sometimes, as Moyes will do too. You know, its funny but, it seems you lads see the Fergie era through even rosier spectacles than us United fans do.

Moyes 'should' come good, he will if given time. I firmly believe that any manager on the planet would have faired no better than Moyes at this stage, add to that the fact that Fergie himself chose Moyes, who on Earth am I or any of you to question it..?

As I've said before though, you lot will hate and roll around in your delight but it means nothing to us. If we win we win, you still hate us. If we lose, you still hate us, we get our club back, the septics F off and we start again......., tell me, where is the bad in any of that..? I've had years of shit as a red, now I've years of good and great too. Let the times roll, good or bad... ;)

redrus

Ferguson was the manager up until last season wasn't he. Moyes is in charge of the team now that has made its worst start since 2005. Fairly relevant i'd say.

Quote from BBC

'Moyes saw his side lose to Liverpool and be thrashed 4-1 by rivals Manchester City in a difficult opening start to the Premier League, but has now won five of his first eight games in all competitions - the best start of any new United manager since Matt Busby in 1946.'

There you go if you really like stats.

redrus

Listen, one way another all any of us are doing is speculating and pontificating.

All you guys are doing is delighting in the thought that we MIGHT be in decline. Yes, Fergie was a great manager but, he was a shit tactician and he befuddled me with his subs and his team selections sometimes, as Moyes will do too. You know, its funny but, it seems you lads see the Fergie era through even rosier spectacles than us United fans do.

Moyes 'should' come good, he will if given time. I firmly believe that any manager on the planet would have faired no better than Moyes at this stage, add to that the fact that Fergie himself chose Moyes, who on Earth am I or any of you to question it..?

As I've said before though, you lot will hate and roll around in your delight but it means nothing to us. If we win we win, you still hate us. If we lose, you still hate us, we get our club back, the septics F off and we start again......., tell me, where is the bad in any of that..? I've had years of shit as a red, now I've years of good and great too. Let the times roll, good or bad... wink.png

redrus

This is oh so true, fergie <deleted> up many times, and some of the players he bought and some he has played and better players left on the bench, but he earned his right too <deleted> up at times, united in decline could happen this season and on the other hand we could win the league again, by the way Moyes has won 5 of his 1st eight games in charge, the best from a new manager since before the busby era, and his losses and a draw was against hard opposition, i can see us going on a run now, and with a home draw against Norwich we have a chance to get to the quarters and who knows Moyes might have his 2nd trophy soon.:)

Quote from BBC

'Moyes saw his side lose to Liverpool and be thrashed 4-1 by rivals Manchester City in a difficult opening start to the Premier League, but has now won five of his first eight games in all competitions - the best start of any new United manager since Matt Busby in 1946.'

Another case of lies, damn lies and statistics. And it cuts both ways.

Quote from BBC

Brilliant. Did not know that, Now we will have something to look forward to, Four trophies . Roll on year 2013/14.

Quote from BBC

Fark me, well done. I never realised you were doing so incredibly well!!

Just for the record then, this Fergie chap, whom is generally recognised as the best manager of modern times, who was able to bring countless trophies to OT, according to you red chaps .............................. "Was a shit tactician"blink.png and " <deleted> up many times"rolleyes.gif

So I guess Moysie doesnt really have that much to live upto thenlaugh.png

Quote from BBC

So basically, you are talking about Frank O Farrell, Tommy Doc, Dave Sexton and Big Ron. None of whom won the First Division!! Moysie has found his levelthumbsup.gif

Charity Shield and the odd Capital One Cup, if you are lucky!laugh.png

If only the Carry on films were still in fashion!! "Carry On Moysie". Sure to be a big hit.

Why do I have this incredible feeling of deja pool-view?!

Soon the question to be asking is how long before Moyes loses the dressing room. Some footballers can read and they will tell the others what is being said about the manager.

How can a manager with a cv of no silverware be dishing out bollockings to a dressing room full of players who have trophy cabinets full of them?

Almost starting to feel sorry for him. He's out of his depth in every way. Tactically, very clearly, but also he doesn't seem to have gravitas. You look at him and you don't see a strong personality who's there to slug it out if need be but more of a guy thats frightened of his own shadow.

It may well have been the best start to a season United have had since 1946 but it really doesn't feel like it. I very much doubt if the senior players are impressed either.

Strange but there was me at the end of last season worrying that you were going to poach Andre Villas-Boas!!!!

Edited by carmine

A lot of the fans maybe verbally sticking by him and quoting stability. However, times have changed since SAF took the reigns and was given time and this is a big money business in which the sponsors demand success or they won't give you top dollar for sponsoring you.

Sure, give time to a manager that has the potential but hold your hands up when a mistake has been made. Everyone makes mistakes.

What i do think Moyes needs is new blood, young players who will know him as the only United boss they have worked under. The old guard of fergusons reign cannot possibly have the respect required to play as they did under ferguson. Moyes needs his own people and fast so he can attempt to exert some authority, earn their respect and <deleted> them when required

I feel a bit sorry for Moyes (not United though) because first he has to follow Fergie, which is no easy task in its self. Plus he has inherited quite a poor United team. I know United walked the league last year, but most of us thought they over performed. When Moyes was appointed I thought it was a bad, but understandable decision for him. Even if Fergie was in charge this year, I don't think they would have a successful season.

Soon the question to be asking is how long before Moyes loses the dressing room. Some footballers can read and they will tell the others what is being said about the manager.

How can a manager with a cv of no silverware be dishing out bollockings to a dressing room full of players who have trophy cabinets full of them?

Almost starting to feel sorry for him. He's out of his depth in every way. Tactically, very clearly, but also he doesn't seem to have gravitas. You look at him and you don't see a strong personality who's there to slug it out if need be but more of a guy thats frightened of his own shadow.

It may well have been the best start to a season United have had since 1946 but it really doesn't feel like it. I very much doubt if the senior players are impressed either.

Strange but there was me at the end of last season worrying that you were going to poach Andre Villas-Boas!!!!

Case in point. This is what Moyes said after yesterdays game. "We will just go out and try and win the next one."

Try??? There is no way Ferguson would have said anything like that!!

Its definitely rabbit in the headlights time for Moyes. I kind of feel sorry for him, but as a City fan am absolutely delighted for Unitedlaugh.png

Before our very eyes Man U are in total decline. Why? As I have said elsewhere on this forum Moyes was and is the totally wrong appointment. He has won nothing of significance and never will.

All the top clubs have managers with a track record of success and usually a lot of trophies to prove it, and the irony is that it was the former manager Ferguson who is probably most responsible for the disastrous appointment of Moyes.

Being a decent manager does not mean Ferguson is a decent head hunter.

Ultimately the owners are to blame and then again its' the club fans who will suffer.

But not my problem..

Before our very eyes Man U are in total decline. Why? As I have said elsewhere on this forum Moyes was and is the totally wrong appointment. He has won nothing of significance and never will.

All the top clubs have managers with a track record of success and usually a lot of trophies to prove it, and the irony is that it was the former manager Ferguson who is probably most responsible for the disastrous appointment of Moyes.

Ultimately the owners are to blame and then again its' the club fans who will suffer.

But not my problem..

What has AVB at Spurs won before?

What has Pelligrini at City won before?

What has Brenda at Liverpool won before?

Don't come on here spouting <deleted>...... Moyes has only been in the job 6 games losing three matches two of them away at our greatest rivals! facepalm.gif

Edited by MrRed

But not my problem..

What has AVB at Spurs won before?

What has Pelligrini at City won before?

What has Brenda at Liverpool won before?

Don't come on here spouting <deleted>...... Moyes has only been in the job 6 games losing three matches two of them away at our greatest rivals! facepalm.gif

AVB won the europa and the portugese league in his first year Mr Ed