ManU In Decline?

Bredbury Blue

Oh dear, oh dear. :o

Topic title:- Are Man U in decline?

Answer:- United out of the Champions League after losing to Benfica. The defeat left United bottom of Group D and means they do not even qualify for the Uefa Cup. Also, this is the first time United have failed to emerge safely from the group stages of the competition for 11 years.

Again:- Are Man United in decline :D:D

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Is Fergie out at the end of the year?

The Odds are currently 11/10 that he will NOT start next year as Man U manager :D

This is also an interesting article http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/t...utd/4509694.stm

We probably won't hear from any Man United fans until they have beaten Burton Albion in th FA Cup and denounce they are in decline after such a fantastic win :o:D:D

The events of last night were simply hilarious. They are thoroughly derserving of their fate in every way.

Based on what?

Yeah, I hate man utd as much as the next person, but they have deserved every success they've had, more or less any way.

To the OP, Man utd are certainly in decline, losing out on about 30 million this season and as they are in need of new sponsors you can knock off an extra 10 mill a season since they are not in europe currently

I also think it is ###### right disrespectful if they sack ferguson too, if the toon had someone like him we would never call for his head, even in such a situation after all the success, which he brought the club

Oh dear, oh dear.  :o

Topic title:- Are Man U in decline?

Answer:- United out of the Champions League after losing to Benfica. The defeat left United bottom of Group D and means they do not even qualify for the Uefa Cup.  Also, this is the first time United have failed to emerge safely from the group stages of the competition for 11 years.

Again:- Are Man United in decline  :D  :D

So, the last time United went out at this stage was 11 years ago. Ok, well look what happened after that. You ABU's were saying we were in decline then too.

I'm not overly bothered by going out this year, pissed of yes. We didn't deserve to go through, simple.

The past couple of seasons have been far from the high standards we've set ouselves, it will be a long time before even Chelsea can say they've claimed that mantle.

Don't be too quick to judge people, its bitten you on the arse before.

redrus

well having had to put with big head manu fans since the 90's with their treble, i am quite enjoying liverpools mini recovery (champs of europe) and manu slow and steady slide, have a lot of respect for fergie tho, the man has a great record, but i think he's past his best now, and they need to change, he showed no loyalty for players past their usefulness, he can't afford to, and now its his turn, thats football for you

I really agree with what a what a lot of you are saying, well some.

But, Manchester United as a club, as a whole, In decline. No chance.

A couple of seasons of bad results, (better than most of you could ever hope to wish for) and the last 15 years of hard work gets erased and we're in decline.

Nah. Dream on.

redrus

they are in decline, no trophy's last year, this year looks less promising, of course the trend may reverse, but right now it looks like decline

keep dreaming though, in your theatre of dreams

Yeah, I agree. Man utd are in decline. By that I'm not implying that they are a bad team/club, it's just a fact that man utd have set the bench-mark for the premiership for so long, and are now unable to do so. Financially man utd are in trouble, although I'm not one to write them off just yet.

Alright chaps,

I see the ABU'S are out in force again eh. Yes, we are going through a difficult time at the moment but the word decline, come on. I suppose you lot (expect loonypool, Arsenal) can use the word decline cos your teams have never been at the top. What gets me is that most of you spend more time looking out for Utd's results than your own team.

As for getting knocked out ( (as redrus pointed out) well, if we can't beat the teams who were in our group (no disrespect) we didn't deserve to go through.

Maybe this is the kickup the backside we need to get some of the players to start performing and to relise what it means to play for Utd. Personally, i think there are a few players who are just not good enough to play for Utd. ( Fletcher, O'shea,

to name a few)

QUOTE Redrus

Don't be too quick to judge people, its bitten you on the arse before.

Great quote Redrus

Fergie still has that glint in his eye and he will bounce back. He has bulit 3 successful teams and the current one has the making of one, with a few extra top class additions we won' t be far off

QUOTE Lampard 10

R.I.P Man U

Note:

By the 18th Dec we could be only 4/5 points behind Chelsea if we win our next 3 games (game in hand)and Chelsea win their next 2 and lose or draw to Arsenal at Highbury.

QUOTE Bredblue,

Loyal supporters eh,

thats why we have been the best supported club in the UK for the last forty years even when we were shit in the 70's and 80's.

Now you and Mr. Bojangles crawl back under your 30 year bitter box. :o

Roll on Derby Day

What gets me is that most of you spend more time looking out for Utd's results than your own.

I'm a fan of football and look out for ALL the results but this topic is "Man U in decline" that's why we're talking about United. If you want, you can start one on Rangers and we'll discuss them too :D

Now you and Mr. Bojangles crawl back under your 30 year bitter box. :D

Roll on Derby Day

I've never said i wasn't bitter :D The funny thing is, we are used to not winning anything (and we are still here) but to you lot it's not the norm and it's funny seeing you all sulk and cry in your beer after you lose.

I was in the pub the other night for the Benfica match. Normally when Utd win people hang around having a laugh etc. On wednesday, all the Utd fans had cleared off home 5 mins after the final whistle. :o

IMO, only one thing that needs sorting and that's the centre of midfield. This has nothing to do with the loss of Keane, even before he went there was a gaping hole in the middle. Our strikers are world class, our goalkeeper and defence are good enough (when they're all fit) but too much youth and inexperience in the middle. Scholes ain't what he used to be either, in desperate need of a Gerrard type figure

Come on Bred, City are still light years behind United. When do you see City having a team that can sucessfully challenge for the Champions league? You could have been in europe this year if Fowler had not Fukced up. You are a "selling club" and cannot yet be considered formidable, otherwise you would never have sold SWP or have Calamity James in goal !! But I commend you for supporting the blue side of Manchester, it must be so easy to jump on the United bandwaggon-fair play to you

I know its your job to slag United, but I am fair, I dont HATE anybody, how can I . I am a Reading fan. we are supposed to hate Swindon & Oxford but there is such a gulf between us now that it will be many many years before we confront each other again. If I HATE anyone its the the Ozzies who think they are going to turn us over next year-pure fantasy) Just seems a waste of time going at each other like this. Lets just get behind England now shall we?

COME ON ENGLAND- WE CAN WIN IT!!!

TP

After the draw against Everton things look a bit more bleak... still, with the Glazers' US sports background perhaps they won't be as quick to wield the axe just yet, or are the chairmen as fickle over there as they are here? It would be a crying shame if Fergie was sacked, after all he's done for the club. He's one of the top managers in the world and if anyone can pull Man U out of this it's him.

Note:

By the 18th Dec we could be only 4/5 points behind Chelsea if we win our next 3 games (game in hand)and Chelsea win their next 2 and lose or draw to Arsenal at Highbury.

Well jjp, you've drawn one of your games in hand, not looking too good now :o One game in hand, 12 points behind and a goal difference defficit of 17.

It would be a crying shame if Fergie was sacked, after all he's done for the club. He's one of the top managers in the world and if anyone can pull Man U out of this it's him.

I agree Dantilley, you've got to hand it to Fergie with what he has achieved over the years but sometimes change is needed to move forward. I'm not saying he should be sacked, cos i really don't care what they do.....................as long as they carry on with this DECLINE :D:D

The potential of the manager should be what the decision is based on. Fergie is a great manager, if it's decided that he can take the club forward then he's the man for the job. If his successes are in the past, then a new man is needed. You can't live in the past, only plan for the future.

No argument he's a great manager, the club isn't having everything it's own way now, but there still a very major force to be reckoned with. Is Fergie the one to carry them though this? I don't know, the board will decide that, but i think it's a bit early to give him the push.

As per my avitar I'm a seagulls supporter, someone has to be, so I'm not bothered about Man U either way.

No argument he's a great manager, the club isn't having everything it's own way now, but there still a very major force to be reckoned with.  Is Fergie the one to carry them though this?  I don't know, the board will decide that, but i think it's a bit early to give him the push.

As per my avitar I'm a seagulls supporter, someone has to be, so I'm not bothered about Man U either way.

I think the Reading fans wre out of order at the weekend when it came to the verbal tirade they let rip on poor old Mr.Mcgoo. This has been going on for 10 years now, and all started when he walked out on Reading to join Leicester. 80% of Reading's vocal supporters (mainly kids) were not even around then, but he has had to put up with a lot and I mean a lot of personal abuse with whatever club he visits us with. I actually saw him in the stadium's private lounges a few years back when we were playing Wolves in the Play-Offs. What was he doing there? Perhaps he was probably invited by Reading's top brass.

Its time to end this nonsense, it is embarrassing and please accept my apologies on behalf of all Royals fans everywhere

I personally think that United need a top notch trainer/manager to sort out the are's from the has beens. As someone put it, United has World class players. It needs someone to tell them just that. All the while they are underacheiving for United, the chances are they will do the same when they put on a Country shirt. Mind you Eriksson is in the same spot as Fergie. His players underacheive. Why? Because they have not got someone shouting, bawling and abusing them from the touchline. In this modern game, skill and brute strength are not what the game is about. Now it is all about tactics. Chelsea have the perfect tactition. A wee bit arrogant perhaps, but wasn't Fergie when he was winning everything. Of corse people are going to hate Morhino. It's England isn't it ? We traditionally hate winners and love losers. That's why Fergie was pehaps the most hated manager in English football. Now it's someone elses turn.

Archived