ManU In Decline?

Bredbury Blue

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Well i know us LFC fans can be delusional after enjoying such a fantastic era, we never give up hope that it will return. I always believe we will challenge again, but what i do know is that era came from great management, passed on from Shanks to Paisley. The chances of SAF passing on such a legacy to continued success have got to be much slimmer.

I don't see how you guys could think that anyone could just slide on in and things will continue to move forward as they were. I'm a Liverpool fan, but I tip my hate to that man and he will become an even bigger legend once he is retired. Maybe FFP or these new laws they are trying to bring in will even it out for the good of the game, but that man is footballing manager's greatest of all time. He is Man United.

His retirement will change, effect the legacy, the institute, the training ground, the team, the club.....we've seen it ourselves and it's something we are trying to bring back to our club...the legacy, institute and pride.

Anyway we will see, but "United in decline" as much as I would love it......it will be some time after he retires before the old dog's legacy wears off.

At the end of the day football is a funny old game (not literally) but some twonk will probably make me eat my words in a few years smile.png

Edited by BangrakBob

when Fergie retires and Guardiola takes the reigns...?

redrus

Oh I do hope so. I think he's the one manager that could carry on from Ferguson without feeling inferior and would continue playing the style of football we want to see.

With those players at Barcelona Mark Hughes could have been a sucessful manager at the Nou Camp.

I'd like to see him manage Wigan for a season to see how good he really is because i have a feeling that he'd sorely miss the likes of messi Xavi Busquets Iniesta Villa and all the other world class players he had

Edited by carmine

You have achieved through ability and a great manager but please don't forget the milliond spent on world class players. The list is endless and the era of your golden age of homegrown talent was over an aweful long time ago.

Was it.......?

Is the list really endless..? 1 to 3 at tops players per year, not always a household name either does not constitute evidence of that bold statement.

Cantona left an awful long time ago too, but we still keep producing talent, Cleverley, Wellbeck, the Da-Silvas, Jesse Lingard for starters and, as already stated we are still the most consistent and only lost last year by the slimmest of margins. Again though, its November, I expect this thread to die again over the next month, will it come back again in May when Fergie retires and Guardiola takes the reigns...?

We'll see..... wink.png

redrus

I didn't know you were such a dreamerbiggrin.png

Freudian slip there B.B. "Tipping your hate to S.A.F."......laugh.png .

P.S. I hope I'm the Twonk........cheesy.gif

Edited to have a twonk..........

cheesy.gif actual laughing my arse off here.....there are some deep seeded issues with me and my relationship with that club. I don't know maybe SAF wouldn't mind a respectful tipping of hate via a hat laugh.png

Edited by BangrakBob

redrus

Oh I do hope so. I think he's the one manager that could carry on from Ferguson without feeling inferior and would continue playing the style of football we want to see.

With those players at Barcelona Mark Hughes could have been a sucessful manager at the Nou Camp.

I'd like to see him manage Wigan for a season to see how good he really is because i have a feeling that he'd sorely miss the likes of messi Xavi Busquets Iniesta Villa and all the other world class players he had

I think it takes a little bit more than just putting some world class players together to be successful. Ask Abramovich, he's been trying to do that for about nine years now with very limited success compared to Barcelona.

Or are you saying Mark Hughes is a world class managerbiggrin.pngbiggrin.pngwhistling.gif

redrus

I think it takes a little bit more than just putting some world class players together to be successful. Ask Abramovich, he's been trying to do that for about nine years now with very limited success compared to Barcelona.

Or are you saying Mark Hughes is a world class managerbiggrin.pngbiggrin.pngwhistling.gif

Mark Hughes is a brilliant manager and a tactical genius. I hope he gets the Chelsea job when RDM gets the tin tac

All i'm saying about Guardiola is that the jury should still be out to a degree. He's certainly not in the same league yet as ferguson in my very humble opinion.

To a large degree when you have a midfield comprising Barca's perhaps the manager should simply button it and let them get on with it

Edited by carmine

Oh I do hope so. I think he's the one manager that could carry on from Ferguson without feeling inferior and would continue playing the style of football we want to see

Mark Hughes is a brilliant manager and a tactical genius. I hope he gets the Chelsea job when RDM gets the tin tac

And Hughesy being a chelsea fan and ex player would go down well with the fans, he is also very good at spending(wasting) moneybiggrin.png

Fergie has already met with the glazers to discuss his successor and from what i have heard it was Steve Mclaren,, now i am not sure he is good enough, but he has won the tittle 3 years in a row in holland?not sure about that as i have not check just someone said that.

Oh I do hope so. I think he's the one manager that could carry on from Ferguson without feeling inferior and would continue playing the style of football we want to see

And Hughesy being a chelsea fan and ex player would go down well with the fans, he is also very good at spending(wasting) moneybiggrin.png

Fergie has already met with the glazers to discuss his successor and from what i have heard it was Steve Mclaren,, now i am not sure he is good enough, but he has won the tittle 3 years in a row in holland?not sure about that as i have not check just someone said that.

i thought he was sacked from his post in Germany

i thought he was sacked from his post in Germany

Who Mclaren,,, just looked at wikpedia yes he was and only won tittle once with twente but won them there first tittle in there history.

Not saying he is the manager we need, but heard from someone with links inside the club.

redrus

Very limited success?

Barcelona since 2003 have won 10 major trophies.

Chelsea since 2003 have won 8 major trophies.

Man u since 2003 have won 6 major trophies.

By major I have only included the league, cl, and the bigger domestic cup.

All i'm saying about Guardiola is that the jury should still be out to a degree. He's certainly not in the same league yet as ferguson in my very humble opinion.

To a large degree when you have a midfield comprising Barca's perhaps the manager should simply button it and let them get on with it

i think there's a lot, lot more to guardiola than that. he's not got mister ferguson's longevity yet so still has years to go to compare to him overall, but he's still won as many european cups.

i think there's a lot, lot more to guardiola than that.

There may well be but i agree with carmine, for all his success, he still has a lot to prove in my book and there are some types of management skills that he hasn't needed and hasn't had tested.

There may well be but i agree with carmine, for all his success, he still has a lot to prove in my book and there are some types of management skills that he hasn't needed and hasn't had tested.

some managers never do get them tested. such as mourinho without the biggest chequebook in his respective league for example.

some managers never do get them tested. such as mourinho without the biggest chequebook in his respective league for example.

He did win the CL with Porto. i rate that as a greater achievement than anything Guardiola has won. Don't you?

• 2 months later...

Bring on Real Madrid

Indeed...will be watching the first game in savanakhet laos, so made sure i booked a hotel with a good sized tv in the room, some rooms don't even have a tv.

Are you from Alderley Edge or Altrincham nev? rolleyes.gif

My dad lives Timperley so close to Altrincham and used to go hunting witches in Alderley edge on Halloween nighttongue.png so you are very close, and i have a block of flats in Fallowfield well one house converted to 7 flats, but i am from Stockport.

Cannot understand why you asked and the comparison with savanakhet laosbiggrin.png

My dad lives Timperley so close to Altrincham and used to go hunting witches in Alderley edge on Halloween nighttongue.png so you are very close, and i have a block of flats in Fallowfield well one house converted to 7 flats, but i am from Stockport.

Cannot understand why you asked and the comparison with savanakhet laosbiggrin.png

Have you checked to make sure its a Bang and Olufsen? tongue.png

Senior MemPosted 2005-10-07 03:53:34

What do other supporters, who haven't been brought up in Manchester as a City fan with an inbred aversion / hate of ManU like myself, (a) think of ManU and (cool.gif do you think they are in decline and © what do you think the next 10 years holds for them?

Well not quite 10 years But as top of the EPL again at Present I think that answers your original post. wai2.gif

BT

Have you checked to make sure its a Bang and Olufsen? tongue.png

Ha ha, the tv well as long as it works i will be happy, also made sure they had wifi in the room just incasebiggrin.png will miss my 40inch

HD tv.

Bring on Real Madrid

Indeed...will be watching the first game in savanakhet laos, so made sure i booked a hotel with a good sized tv in the room, some rooms don't even have a tv.

So its true, you are a closet blue!!

Is your dad Frank Sidebottom?laugh.png

So its true, you are a closet blue!!

Is your dad Frank Sidebottom?laugh.png

Mate even stockport was mainly united when i grew up there except for pocket city area's, used to have run in's all the time with the hazel grove blues, did not like us doing the pub crawl along the main road.tongue.png

Not many comments on here lately is there? clap2.gif

Manchester United profits rise

_65887471_luozbf48.jpgManchester United are top of the Premier League and in the last 16 of the Champions League

Manchester United has reported a 74% rise in profits for the second half of 2012, on the back of rising revenues.

The Premier League club said pre-tax profits for the last six months of the year were £22.3m.

Total revenues were up, with income from sponsors particularly strong, though broadcast revenues were down.

The club, owned by the Glazer family, listed on the New York Stock Exchange last year at a flotation price of $14 a share.

The shares are now trading at nearly $19 giving the company a valuation of over $3bn.

Sponsors

Ed Woodward, Manchester United's executive vice chairman, said the club's commercial operation "continues to experience extremely strong growth particularly in sponsorship".

Commercial revenue from sponsors such as Nike and Aon rose 26.4% to £78.6m for the six months to 31 December 2012.

The club also announced that it had signed a new eight-year sponsorship deal for its training kit, having bought out the last two years of DHL's existing contract in the expectation of striking a better deal.

The new sponsor would be announced "in the near future", it said.

The Old Trafford club still has debts of £366.6m and staff costs rose by more than 10% to £84.5m, mainly thanks to new player signings and player wage increases.

Manchester United has had a successful campaign on the pitch so far this season, currently topping the Premier League.

They are also in the last 16 of the Champions League, drawing 1-1 with Real Madrid in the first leg of their match on Wednesday evening.

The club claims to have 650 million supporters worldwide.

Edited by MrRed

• 1 month later...