Hamburger Press

kamluan

I have looked all over for a burger press with no luck.

What I did in the end was.

I went into a store on sukhumvit(please excuse the spelling) I think it was called ``HIFEL`` they claim to find unusual answers to problems.

It’s located almost opp. Thepsit road on the southbound side.

They don’t have a burger press but I bought a potato press, for making mashed potato.

if you leave in the press both supplied masher discs then put in a disc of baking paper,cut to size, then the Burger meat then another disc of paper you can get a really good Burger,indevidualy wrapped.

there is a trick to cutting dozens of discs quickly by folding the paper about 12 times then cutting the shape out and you get a dozen discs of papar at one go.

If I remember it cost about 800b.

when i get set up i make 50 or 60 burgers at one go.

it works out at about a third of the cost of factory Burgers AND so much better taste. :D

Go to Carrefour,or any other supermarket,by the grounded meat of your choice and ask them to press it in hamburgers it will be free as it takes only seconds.I have seen at Carrefour they have a manual press,maybe if you ask the farang manager of the butcher departement he will tell you where to get it.

I went into a store on sukhumvit(please excuse the spelling) I think it was called ``HIFEL`` they claim to find unusual answers to problems.

It's located almost opp. Thepsit road on the southbound side.

They don't have a burger press but I bought a potato press, for making mashed potato.

if you leave in the press both supplied masher discs then put in a disc of baking paper,cut to size, then the Burger meat then another disc of paper you can get a really good Burger,indevidualy wrapped.

there is a trick to cutting dozens of discs quickly by folding the paper about 12 times then cutting the shape out and you get a dozen discs of papar at one go.

it works out at about a third of the cost of factory Burgers AND so much better taste. :D

I will go look at this shop now.

Kind regards

CharanKamluan

It's located almost opp. Thepsit road on the southbound side.

They don't have a burger press but I bought a potato press, for making mashed potato.

I will go look at this shop now.

Kind regards

CharanKamluan

Did not dinf the mashed patatoe thing...but they had a double simple but quality burgerpress that i bought.

890 bath,but ok,atleast all my burgers will look the same size...

Thanks.

and good luck to everybody.

For years i've made my burgers first by measuring out a given amount using a measuring cup then pressing the meat into an egg ring.

Years ago i had a restarant in Phuket and used the same method to make my burgers there.

Edited by nam-thip