Would This Be Legal For A Farang ?

Bowery99

The general idea of 'crowd-funding' web sites like this are to generate funds for non-frivilous causes, such as (keeping it on-topic for Thailand) - funding volunteer English language teaching, helping to save the Issan buffalo from the high likelyhood of sickness, films and theatre about topical Thai subject matter - 'The plight of the down-trodden tuk-tuk driver and their battle against the rich, borgoise western tourist' springs to mind as a starting point.

I'm not sure that it is intended to fund your lifestyle of drink and debauchery - would this be listed under 'Community or Comic?

In any case, I suspect that what you propose would be illegal (or at least of dubious merit), whether you are farang, Thai or any other ethnicity/race.

It would be funding for an artist making art, not " fund your lifestyle of drink and debauchery (which I do understand artists may have a rep for but..)", I guess I shouldn't have been cryptic about it on TV.

Also this site is for funding many things out side of your " generate funds for non-frivilous causes". There are movies, photography projects, art shows, business ideas ( a lot like Kickstarter which is only for the US) etc.... It is international though, which is why I wondered about the legality of it for a farang to do here. It is not having a job per say, as much as getting rid of my things I make for myself (and at this point, as a hobby). But thanks for the attitude.jap.gif

Edited by Bowery99

ermm.gif

Is there a way to delete this thread? I seem to be finished here.I suspect that Thai authorities would frown on it and just wanted an opinion about it.

Contact one of the mods, they may be able to help you.

As far as any work goes here you need a work permit, even for voluntary stuff.

If you take a look at the Thai work laws, it is almost classed as working if you simply breathe air.

I believe that the description of "work" here is described as something that requires EFFORT, whether paid or unpaid, so be carefull inhaling or exhaling, you might be in breach of their work description.

'Willeyeam' timestamp='1305982999' post='4439393']

'Bowery99' timestamp='1305979790' post='4439288']

ermm.gif

Is there a way to delete this thread? I seem to be finished here.I suspect that Thai authorities would frown on it and just wanted an opinion about it.

Contact one of the mods, they may be able to help you.

As far as any work goes here you need a work permit, even for voluntary stuff.

If you take a look at the Thai work laws, it is almost classed as working if you simply breathe air.

I believe that the description of "work" here is described as something that requires EFFORT, whether paid or unpaid, so be carefull inhaling or exhaling, you might be in breach of their work description.

Quite the wit arn't you ? Read your comments on another thread , keep it up , it is good to have a chuckle now and then

Heh,

Start the..

"She's Different Fund"

For the rescue and rehabilitation of Pattaya's sex industry workers.

It would be amusing to see how many suckers fall for that one :P

Worded correctly I think you could easily get a few grand.

And you can send them plenty of pics LOL!

Anybody who starts the description of a proposal with the words "this is not a scam" does not get my support.

At least he didn't start it with "My Dearest ......"

Maybe he should get down to Lower Sukhumvit, might fiond some people with experience :ermm:

Don't let the usual suspects deter you, so many frivolous /stupid remarks to anyone daring to think outside the box of 'running a bar/building a condo etc'

I read that artists are granted work permits along the lines of the derogatory 'remunerative hobby' in the UK.

I see no reason why, with a bit of effort, you cannot at least research your ambition. The more artists/less bars and bloody condos the better. But don't go looking for advice on some expat forum. You might at least start with your local Chamber of Commerce, it's free.

Imagine! Phuket same Ubud but with much nicer beaches/food ...

Edited by krangeek

It seems to me that if art is any good it would sell for a reasonable profit, if it's not so good your in the wrong business. In the US support given to really rotten artists through monies given by Fed. state and local gov'ts often do injustice to those whose art should be sold.

The general idea of 'crowd-funding' web sites like this are to generate funds for non-frivilous causes, such as (keeping it on-topic for Thailand) - funding volunteer English language teaching, helping to save the Issan buffalo from the high likelyhood of sickness, films and theatre about topical Thai subject matter - 'The plight of the down-trodden tuk-tuk driver and their battle against the rich, borgoise western tourist' springs to mind as a starting point.

I'm not sure that it is intended to fund your lifestyle of drink and debauchery - would this be listed under 'Community or Comic?

In any case, I suspect that what you propose would be illegal (or at least of dubious merit), whether you are farang, Thai or any other ethnicity/race.

Maybe we could use this idea. The subject could be "Thailands most in-need bargirl". we then invite these girls to write in and tell us why they need cash.

Every farang member could pay some small baht to go into a cash pool...we then vote on which bargirl has the best story is the most in need of the grand prize.:cheesy:

:whistling:

Well, I'm not a lawyer but my opinion would be NO.

Under Thai law, as I understand it, what you would be doing is considered WORK. And for that purpose you need a work permit.

And in my understanding again, under Thai law, even if you don't make a profit or even make any money, it's still WORK and therefore requires a work permit.

Sorry.

:lol:

ermm.gif

illegal for farang but not for Thai person.