Moved To Hua Hin ... Need To Report?

Just sitting around tonight, catching up on forum posts, and I suddenly remembered reports that when one moves to Hua Hin, the local Immigrations office requires a change-of-address report.

However, since my landlady took a copy of my passport and entry card -- she said she needed it for Immigrations -- did her paperwork take care of that already, or do I also need to report. IIRC, Hua Hin says such a report must be done in some ridiculously short period of time, like 24 hours?

God bless the ThaiVisa search engine. I wanted to find the thread/post that has Google Earth links for all the Immigrations offices in Thailand and came up empty. I tried the search terms "immigrations office map." Perhaps that thread can be stickied to the forum index?

So, can anybody direct me to that thread so I can see exactly where the new Hua Hin Immigrations office is? Please? :)

Try the pinned items at top - useful information and there is a link to Google maps of all immigration offices with full contact information.

Thanks for the link. I must be incredibly dense, though: which pinned item contains that link?

The Immigration Act requires a report from both your landlady (section 38) and from you (section 37). Some immigration offices do not enforce the change of address report from the foreigner. I do not know how Hua Hin handles it.

Looks like I'll be making a trip to the local Immigrations office on Monday. I'm pretty sure I remember reading that this was the only location in Thailand that required a prompt (within 24 hours?) report of moving to the area. I wonder what the consequences of being a few weeks late would be.

NongKhai situation

immigration requires a notification when change of adress within 24 hours.

More important is the POLICE reporting within 24 hours.

We have a situation at hand whereby our tenants waiting for their immigration scrutiny letter in order to finish house registration.

The police reporting states within 24 hours....we consider the day the municipality hands out the house registration to be the first day of legal stay.

we advised our friends to "play dumb" and report with yellow book and nongkhai immigration statement of duties to residence.

What we understand is that whenever one does NOT report and a police report is required say in case of accident..or insurance...they enforce a fine of 1200 bath in nongkhai (source....American citizen case accident report)

the 24 hour rule is a guideline in nongkhai......its well appreciated when showing that one tries to live up to the rule of law.

hgma

I made it to the Immigrations office today, but it wasn't quite as easy to get there as I had hoped.

In the Hua Hin forum I asked which soi to take, and was told (correctly) to get off the song thaew at Soi 10. But... there were no moto-sai taxis there! I waited for about ten minutes, then decided to walk. Someplace I read it was 500m, but it's closer to 1km, as it took me 15 minutes to limp there. I'm recovering from a recent back injury and it was a challenge, especially in the heat. Thankfully it was partly cloudy at that time.

At the office I got a number from the ticket machine, and only waited about five minutes to be called. The officer was pleasant and handed me a form to complete and directed me back outside to get copies of my passport picture page, TM.6. and current extension stamp. She wanted the original Non Immigrant O visa, but that's in an old passport, so she said okay, not to need it. :-)

I had a copy of my townhouse rental agreement and a 3BB ADSL bill in my name with the address. She kept the copy of the rental agreement, but ignored the 3BB bill.

Here's what she stapled into my passport, on the page preceding the one where the 90-day report form is attached. She made clear that my advising of my new address today does NOT affect the 90-day reporting. My last 90-day report was in April, and I will still need to report in July.

I wonder what the written note "24 hours" means? I had read (on this forum I think) that Hua Hin requires reporting an address change within 24 hours. I wonder if that note covers that requirement.

For my return trip from the office, the gal who makes the copies outside called a moto-sai taxi for me. I had him take me to the Index furniture store, and halfway there, the rain came down in buckets. Oh, well. I spent about an hour at Index just window shopping and getting decorating ideas, and by the time I left, I was mostly dry.

post-33251-0-10565100-1306242878_thumb.j