Am I Just A Loser Here?

cheynewalk

I have come to the conclusion that I am a loser. I like Thailand to mut. Yes I am a loser I find it hard to find something wrong about my life in Thailand to bitch about. Yes I am a loser because I find it hard to find anything to bitch about. Isn't life grand.

Me too, Moe, as we've said many times over a beer. A loser can be anyone that someone else (who feels superior to everyont) thinks is a loser or below their self entrenched status. But, I'm having too much fun to care. Maybe some time on my death bed I'll reflect back and think... "Gee, I sure was a loser".... but somehow I don't think so. The big leer on my face will tell it all.

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd kill for haggis.,..

Or in beggarman fashion

"Will kill for haggis"

Let's face it, if you take anything seriously on this forum, you should not be allowed on the internet. Now, who's going to enforce that, I don't know...

SC

I've got one in my freezer, a haggis. I'll send it over, should have thawed out and cooked by the time it gets there!!!

I'd kill for haggis.,..

Or in beggarman fashion

"Will kill for haggis"

Let's face it, if you take anything seriously on this forum, you should not be allowed on the internet. Now, who's going to enforce that, I don't know...

SC

I've got one in my freezer, a haggis. I'll send it over, should have thawed out and cooked by the time it gets there!!!

Yea, only winners eat haggis or is it losers. This thread has me all confused.

People come to Thailand for retirement, just consider yourself on early retirement from life.

That can sometimes be true, but from what I've seen there are many people who think they can come to Thailand with limited amounts of money and somehow survive indefinitely without any other means of support. They cut off all ties back home and don't understand the consequences of doing that as a foreigner trying to live indefinitely in Thailand. Even the tiniest bit of research will tell you that you are limited in the amount of time you can stay in Thailand without a work permit. And, getting a work permit is not just something you can buy or get handed to you without some official papers. I have a few aquaintences like that and they are always struggling to survive.

By the way where can you get the best bangers and mash in Bangkok and how much money I should give my thai girlfiriend every month?

we'll not answer your question unless you show us a picture of your girlfriend! :ermm:

post-87530-0-89452100-1306120170_thumb.j :whistling:

People come to Thailand for retirement, just consider yourself on early retirement from life.

That can sometimes be true, but from what I've seen there are many people who think they can come to Thailand with limited amounts of money and somehow survive indefinitely without any other means of support. They cut off all ties back home and don't understand the consequences of doing that as a foreigner trying to live indefinitely in Thailand. Even the tiniest bit of research will tell you that you are limited in the amount of time you can stay in Thailand without a work permit. And, getting a work permit is not just something you can buy or get handed to you without some official papers. I have a few aquaintences like that and they are always struggling to survive.

Yeah ! I some acquaintances like that too, they are in the UK and will never have enough money to come to Thailand let alone stay here.

It really depends on what country you come from some are better than others and what you have done yourself to secure your retirement.

There are many here also who are married and still get a retirement extension on there own and many are married and get an extension to stay because of marriage.

Retiring here for me was many reasons and just one of them is having a home here that I would not have or be able to afford in England.

Most people in Thailand do it because they have planned there retirement but there is always the exception.

By the way where can you get the best bangers and mash in Bangkok and how much money I should give my thai girlfiriend every month?

and dont forget to ask how much sin sod should i pay when we get married...we like that :D

Yeah !! that's right and it's about time we had another " what is a Farang " thread, and " Where does Farang come from ". :lol: :lol:

and dont forget to ask how much sin sod should i pay when we get married...we like that :D

Yeah !! that's right and it's about time we had another " what is a Farang " thread, and " Where does Farang come from ". :lol: :lol:

Is guava a term of abuse?

What is the correct word for a young or unripe guava?

What is the plural of sin sod?

SC

Yep life is good..........funnily enough loser is not a word I use.....I don't like the word and don't apply it

Just use the word "Looser" and you'll get a better response from the grammar nazis. :whistling:

Posted Yesterday, 00:43

Perhaps just feeling a little introspective, but the question comes to mind or rather its inverse. If I was one of life's big winners would I live in Thailand, sitting here on a forum discussing the virtues of the best bangers and mash in Bangkok or how much money I should give my thai girlfiriend every month? To be honest I think not. Perhaps I should have stuck it out in my western home country and faced up to my cultural responsibilities Are you for real I have lived in like 20 countrys by far Thailand its like Disneyland Great place I love it here any hope I never leave what is there not to like about Thailand Haircut 80 Bht food everwhere,massages,Life is Relaxing here what more is there.Drink a beer,try to relax.

The thread just started! Anyway, of course most "winners" (not all) have better things to do that post on ThaiVisa. Most winners, in fact, do not retire in Thailand or have much to do with Thailand other than the occasional visit. There are so many places to be that are better than Thailand. I think most posters are a bit bored. I post on ThaiVisa when I am "between jobs" and waiting to move. I can't wait to leave this horrible, corrupt -to-the-core country. Yes, I know, "do not let the door hit you in the ass on the way out." :) The good news, for some posters, is that after I leave I stop posting because I am usually in a better place with better things to do.

I post on ThaiVisa when I am "between jobs"

= clear evidence that you are a winner. it goes without saying that those of us who live since years a comfortable life in Thailand without the benefit of being "between jobs" are losers.

:lol:

by the way, winners don't wait if they want to leave a horrible corrupt country and winners are never "between jobs". real winners have either enough money that they don't need a job or they have several jobs waiting for them.

Maybe another scenario applies :) Some winners do wait because of an ongoing job commitment with an international organization that they do not want to leave and a promise of a future assignment outside of Thailand. When I read your post, I get the feeling that you count all of your money each night before you go to bed :)

Perhaps just feeling a little introspective, but the question comes to mind or rather its inverse. If I was one of life's big winners would I live in Thailand, sitting here on a forum discussing the virtues of the best bangers and mash in Bangkok or how much money I should give my thai girlfiriend every month? To be honest I think not. Perhaps I should have stuck it out in my western home country and faced up to my cultural responsibilities Are you for real I have lived in like 20 countrys by far Thailand its like Disneyland Great place I love it here any hope I never leave what is there not to like about Thailand Haircut 80 Bht food everwhere,massages,Life is Relaxing here what more is there.Drink a beer,try to relax.

You know, when I rank all the countries I go, cheap haircuts figures fairly low down the list.

Anyway, when I lived elsewhere, generally I came to Thailand for a haircut, if I could

SC

The thread just started! Anyway, of course most "winners" (not all) have better things to do that post on ThaiVisa. Most winners, in fact, do not retire in Thailand or have much to do with Thailand other than the occasional visit. There are so many places to be that are better than Thailand. I think most posters are a bit bored. I post on ThaiVisa when I am "between jobs" and waiting to move. I can't wait to leave this horrible, corrupt -to-the-core country. Yes, I know, "do not let the door hit you in the ass on the way out." :) The good news, for some posters, is that after I leave I stop posting because I am usually in a better place with better things to do.

= clear evidence that you are a winner. it goes without saying that those of us who live since years a comfortable life in Thailand without the benefit of being "between jobs" are losers.

by the way, winners don't wait if they want to leave a horrible corrupt country and winners are never "between jobs". real winners have either enough money that they don't need a job or they have several jobs waiting for them.

Maybe another scenario applies :) Some winners do wait because of an ongoing job commitment with an international organization that they do not want to leave and a promise of a future assignment outside of Thailand. When I read your post, I get the feeling that you count all of your money each night before you go to bed :)

Winners are not subservient to any "international organisation or corporation. Winners own them or work to themselves ;)

and, in response to both of you equally, a third scenario: some people are just pretentious cun_ts filled with a sense of their own self importance.

While we are on the topic, where ever did guesthouse go?

You know, when I rank all the countries I go, cheap haircuts figures fairly low down the list.

Anyway, when I lived elsewhere, generally I came to Thailand for a haircut, if I could

SC

:lol:....Glad I m not the only one that was called a nutter for taking a 11 hour flight to get a haircut. Where do you get yours done yet? I see some travel agencies in the UK are now doing Haircut Tour Package Deals :D check them out.

Is guava a term of abuse?

What is the correct word for a young or unripe guava?

What is the plural of sin sod?

SC

-why do Thais...?

-why is it that in Thailand...?

-where to buy quality... but must be cheap!

Glad I m not the only one that was called a nutter for taking a 11 hour flight to get a haircut.

i used to take 6½ hour flights to get some things drycleaned in Thailand instead of having them rinsed in gasoline (Saudi Arabia). that was the time when in Thailand a haircut, shave, head shoulder and arm massage massage was 20 Baht and a 10 Baht tip was considered 'princely'.

I don't think the OP has posted since the first one? Perhaps he was just having a bad day .... or some of the more robust responses were a bit much for someone not feeling on top of the world.

But, in case he's lurking and reading .... in my view the answer is'no way'. Try spending some time in Europe and you'll see that for people with the necessary 'get-up-and-go', anywhere in Asia is the smart choice. Vibrant, lively, young, growing (GDP and population) Asia - as opposed to decaying, aging shrinking Europe ..... why would anyone with a bit of go want to stay in Europe?

The beauty of the scenery (geographical and people) is a bonus, as is the cheap haircuts.

SC

:lol:....Glad I m not the only one that was called a nutter for taking a 11 hour flight to get a haircut. Where do you get yours done yet? I see some travel agencies in the UK are now doing Haircut Tour Package Deals :D check them out.

I think you were the only one... no-one called me a nutter. Plonker, yes, but that was because of my conversation...

Last time I was back, I never got round to getting a hair cut, though I did hang around the barbers for a bit.

SC