Am I Just A Loser Here?

cheynewalk

Perhaps just feeling a little introspective, but the question comes to mind or rather its inverse. If I was one of life's big winners would I live in Thailand, sitting here on a forum discussing the virtues of the best bangers and mash in Bangkok or how much money I should give my thai girlfiriend every month? To be honest I think not. Perhaps I should have stuck it out in my western home country and faced up to my cultural responsibilities.

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Everybody's a loser. What we lose varies from one to the other.

If you are a nuclear scientist or an international film star then maybe the things you have lst (connection to the common man, anonymity when you walk down the street) are not important.

For some of us, through tragic accident, we have lost the use of our limbs or our minds or our bowels...

Anyway, if you can have a laugh and sleep easy at night , there's not many blokes anywyhere better off than you, regardless of the price.

SC

Everybody's a loser. What we lose varies from one to the other...

Anyway, if you can have a laugh and sleep easy at night , there's not many blokes anywyhere better off than you, regardless of the price.

SC

Wisdom.

SC

Wisdom.

Wisdom no, just personal opinon yes. You are only a loser if you think and believe so. Then your life will reflect what you believe and think. If you had to ask I think Ian hit the nail on the head.

SC

Wisdom.

Wisdom no, just personal opinon yes.

Says you. That was my personal opinion:

Wisdom.

(But there is perhaps truth in this as well: "If you had to ask I think Ian hit the nail on the head"

And I confess I'm glad that I'm not and never have spent time on a forum 'discussing the virtues of the best bangers and mash (or burgers) in Bangkok or how much money I should give my Thai girlfiriend every month'.)

And I confess I'm glad that I'm not and never have spent time on a forum 'discussing the virtues of the best bangers and mash (or burgers) in Bangkok or how much money I should give my Thai girlfiriend every month'.)

Interestingly enough, I have just been posed this very question...

A friend (you might say, consultant, or service provider) has been advised that her child is suffering from TB. Now should my attitude be swayed by my feelings to the friend, or other friends, or the attractiveness f the child in question?

SC?

SC

Wisdom.

Wisdom no, just personal opinon yes.

Says you. That was my personal opinion:

Wisdom.

(But there is perhaps truth in this as well: "If you had to ask I think Ian hit the nail on the head"

Yes says me.

I'd kill for haggis.,..

Or in beggarman fashion

"Will kill for haggis"

Let's face it, if you take anything seriously on this forum, you should not be allowed on the internet. Now, who's going to enforce that, I don't know...

SC

I'd kill for haggis.,..

Or in beggarman fashion

"Will kill for haggis"

Let's face it, if you take anything seriously on this forum, you should not be allowed on the internet. Now, who's going to enforce that, I don't know...

SC

A poster actually asked me a couple days ago if from now on my posts should be taken with a grain of salt...

blink.gif

Edited by SteeleJoe

I'd kill for haggis.,..

Or in beggarman fashion

"Will kill for haggis"

SC

A poster actually asked me a couple days ago if from now on my posts should be taken with a grain of salt...

blink.gif

I'd suggest they take a full sack of salt with some of mine......:)

Nobody can answer this question for you,although many here are arrogant enough to think they can.

Loser has many meanings for different people,and can't be written off with a catchall, glib, put down answer.

What you lost,or what you failed to gain, the realisation of your own personal criteria of success and happiness?

Only you can find the true answer!

Yes.

Next question.

Best Post Yet!

To the OP, your one of Life's Big Winners if you wake up everyday feeling like one. Simple as that, if you don't go somewhere or do something that makes you feel that way.

Yes.

Next question.

Best Post Yet!

To the OP, your one of Life's Big Winners if you wake up everyday feeling like one. Simple as that, if you don't go somewhere or do something that makes you feel that way.

Find a place lay your hat and fight your corner and to hell with the rest of the world I reckon.

Yes.

Next question.

From the bloke who spends 5 month's here and there.

And is an expert on Thailand,lets follow his My Thailand Thread while he mingles it out in sunny Canada,how refreshing.

I'm far from an expert on Thailand. I just enjoy sharing what I've experienced. I love life too much to worry about others who don't appreciate what they have waiting for them. It's all there if you want to take it. I am like a kid in a candy shop and can't decide what I enjoy most. North America offers many things I enjoy and Thailand offers something entirely different, but just as enjoyable.

Life is just a waiting game until it`s over......success or failure or in between it dont matter a shit, because our day will surely come and after that you dont care...

Wait it out as you see fit....

Yes.

Next question.

And is an expert on Thailand,lets follow his My Thailand Thread while he mingles it out in sunny Canada,how refreshing.

At least he has a functioning brain. Many of the pickled, self-appointed "Thailand experts" that stay here year round have some problems in that regard.

Edited by Ulysses G.

If I was one of life's big winners would I live in Thailand, sitting here on a forum discussing the virtues of the best bangers and mash in Bangkok or how much money I should give my thai girlfiriend every month?

No.

But do enjoy your sausages.

Definitely not a loser by living in Thailand, that is providing you can afford to.

Some people have more choices than others, it`s all down to money. I know of scores of people living in the UK, America and Europe that would only be too happy to swap places with me. Then on the other hand I know a lot of people who are financially much better off than me and have many more choices. I sometimes envy them.

I suppose everyone from time to time becomes fed up with they’re lot and feels stuck in a rut, no matter where we are. I know I do. But we are all limited in one way or another.

My fantasy in life is; I would like to be in a position where money is no object, have a bevy of young beautiful girls lusting after me, I wouldn’t care if it`s only financial and be able to jet off somewhere whenever I felt like it.

But no, it`s never going to happen, so I guess we are stuck with whatever we have and where fate has decided to locate us, unless we can obtain a truck load of cash for a more luxurious lifestyle that suits us better.

So am I a loser? Please don`t answer that one, and dream on baby.

Yes.

Next question.

Think you'll find that he brings far more to the forum than you. Unless you are going to provide us with your expert opinion? :rolleyes:

Yes.

Next question.

Think you'll find that he brings far more to the forum than you. Unless you are going to provide us with your expert opinion? :rolleyes:

Chill toad!!!!!!!!! Stoneys just got the arse because West Ham got relegated. ;):ermm::lol:

Yes.

Next question.

Chill toad!!!!!!!!! Stoneys just got the arse because West Ham got relegated. ;):ermm::lol:

You don't think it's Singhy in disguise? :lol:

GF's at the house in the mountains running the shop for a month and I am alone at the condo by the beach. I had to peel my own mangoes for breakfast which was a bit of a chore. I am having a worry trying to make up my mind between roast lamb or roast beef for dinner at the pub. Sundays is good girl day as everyone is off work and up for some fun. Maybe I am a loser but I think that guy at the IMF would trade places.