Second Hand Laptop (Esp. Apple) Shops In Bangkok?

itworker

Does anyone know good (= cheap) shops for secondhand laptops in Bangkok?

I'm looking especially Apple laptops, the newer the better.

For example, is there any shops in Chatuchak weekend market?

Other than looking from pawn shops the the only place I have found is the online shop (found from this forum).

The second hand ones seem to be very expensive, some at the same level as what a new one from Apple store would cost.

To answer the OP's question, there are many shops selling second hand laptops in both Pantip and Fortune Tower, and also MBK but in limited shops. I have seen many decent ones recently, even a Mac Air in Pantip last week. I have never seen any for sale in Chatuchak, but I haven't been everywhere there.

At Pantip and MBK and Fortune, these second hand shops are usually set in the back areas, harder to find. They service the other shops and those who bring their equipment in for repair. Not flashy and no new items, so they are in the harder to find areas. You definitely have to explore a little to find these places, and their English is not as good as the other shops. If you can't speak Thai, you should take a friend to help to make sure you get exactly what you want.

At Pantip, go to the 3rd and 4th floors and walk around the aisles towards the back , now many shops selling used laptops in the 5k to 10k range. Beware the shops out front, near the escalators; over-optimistic prices for very outdated gear.

Make sure to check that the batteries work and not just the % amount shown on the toolbar; let it actually run from full charge to empty and time it before laying money down. VERY expensive to replace: B2000K+++

Edited by dddave