Carabao Cancelled In London

MartinB

Guy's just got this note been looking fwd for months- disappointed

The tickets you purchased for Carabao at

Shepherds Bush Empire on Saturday, October 8 will be automatically

refunded since the event has been cancelled.

due to unforeseen circumstances the Carabao

gig scheduled for Shepherds Bush Empire on Saturday 8th October 2005 has been

cancelled.

Guy's just got this note been looking fwd for months- disappointed

The tickets you purchased for Carabao at

Shepherds Bush Empire on Saturday, October 8 will be automatically

refunded since the event has been cancelled.

due to unforeseen circumstances the Carabao

gig scheduled for Shepherds Bush Empire on Saturday 8th October 2005 has been

cancelled.

It was only a few weeks ago he was in London, this week he is performing in Bangkok. Maybe this was never a genuine booking, most organisers of thai artists are non professional. I saw that Jintara was billed as appearing at the london food fair this year when she was at home in roi et eith her feet up, and has never heard of the food fair. :o -peter

Peter,

You are (unusually) correct that they (not he!) played at Hammersmith Town Hall last May. As usual, the band was superb. Unfortunately the organisation was anything but!

Fed up with tours to Europe being organised by amateurs, this time they used the services of a professional promoter from Germany; A.S.S. Concert and Promotion. The tour was arranged, the venues booked. The London venue was to be the Shepherds Bush Empire.

Unfortunately, the following notice appeared on the Empire's website today

Carabao

SATURDAY 8TH OCTOBER 2005

THIS SHOW HAS BEEN CANCELLED - REFUNDS FROM POINT OF PURCHASE

Ticket holders have, where possible, been contacted by phone or e-mail.

Rumour, via Muay Thai in Earls Court, has it that everyone thought that their visas from May were still valid, only to find out today, as they prepared to leave Germany, that they weren't!

So much for the services of a professional promoter! :o

Carabao is a remarkable and very popular contemporary Thai band who have been around for quite a number of years. They're exceptionally original, skilled and creative. I would recommend The Dude pick up one of their cds and have a listen.

Edited by AmeriThai

The Dude wants to know who this Carabao cat is. Is he a dude who played on the Elton John album of the same name back in '75?

I think that he's an anacronism playing a style called songs for life which he has hardly changed in 25 years. His claim to fame is one of a protest singer who is on the side of the poor and underprivelged, but I cannot see any evidence of this in his music or his business dealings. Can anyone name a real protest song from him that had an impact on the thai status quo? Carabao sold out over 15 years ago. If you want to listen to museum music fine, but he's not an inovative, sincere or even a very good musician. If he starts writing songs about police coruption, power of the army, taksin or wealth distribution I might change my mind.Just my opinion.-peter