Thaksin's Sister Yingluck Cries Again In Phayao While Campaigning

webfact

There's no crying in baseball!!

:lol: I'll bet very few remember that statement from Tom Hanks..

Had to look it up. "A league of their own", 1992 with Tom Hanks as Jimmy Dugan saying just that

"Jimmy Dugan: Are you crying? Are you crying? ARE YOU CRYING? There's no crying! THERE'S NO CRYING IN BASEBALL!"

http://www.imdb.com/...t0104694/quotes

No crying in baseball? Not unless you have the misfortune of watching grown men play rounders for 2 / 3 hours.

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Trairong explained that the Democrats had policies to try to reduce education costs for the 15 years of 'free' schooling; to reduce cost of university study via soft loans to students; to reduce restrictions on free universal healthcare;

Surprise, surprise.

*15 years of free education* comes with education costs and *free universal healthcare* comes with restrictions. :whistling:

Why call it *free* at all if it isn't free at all?

Politicians - don't take their slogans for given.

Thais can get free insulin at hospitals but the free offer has restrictions attached

you have to be diabetic to get it.........

blimey, you mean if you don't have diabetes, you won't get any! stone me...

"I cry for you now Thailand...if I get elected my brother Toxin will come back and leave you all stuck in the sand..."

OK, a U2 lyricist I am not, but I can see plainly this lady is yet another Shinawatra Slimeball...

Maybe in Thai culture this drama-queen stunt will play well, but she will embarass Thailand to no small degree if she pulls that sort of crap on the world stage as a PM...

Surprise, surprise.

*15 years of free education* comes with education costs and *free universal healthcare* comes with restrictions. :whistling:

uh, because it's free, gratis, not having to pay for it. Not really sure what your point is but I don't think you can blame the politicians for you not understanding what the word means.

Huh?

Because it is NOT "free". that is my point.

Read the points from the Democrats election campaign:

1. reduce education costs for the 15 years of 'free' schooling

3. reduce restrictions on free universal healthcare

Now explain me why someone promise to reduce the cost for something that is "free, gratis, not having to pay for it"???

Or how free and universal healthcare is when it comes with restriction?

Ok, so she shows some emotion. Some will see it as a weakness, while others will see it as pasion. A passion for the people, a passion for the nation. A manifestation of the love that she has for her cause. :whistling:

When Miguel Angel Moratinos lost his job as Spain’s foreign minister he wept openly in public. The European parliament usually has an episode every so often where some member breaks down in tears over something or other. The Speaker of the US House John Boehner cries like this too and he's a cold Republican. Ronald Reagan used to tear up as if on cue when he was near the US flag. Mitt Romney a republican hopeful for the US presidency got all choked up on a news show. Israeli prime ministers have cried,

The only politician that I don't think cries is Vladimr Putin. However, he's a robot so maybe he doesn't count. B)

:cheesy:

I'll send you a box of Kleenex, Geriatrickid so you can have a "good cry" with Yingluck, Ronnie, EU politicos, etc. The world doesn't need a bunch of cry-babies for elected leaders right about now.

Surprise, surprise.

uh, because it's free, gratis, not having to pay for it. Not really sure what your point is but I don't think you can blame the politicians for you not understanding what the word means.

Huh?

Now explain me why someone promise to reduce the cost for something that is "free, gratis, not having to pay for it"???

Because the education itself is free --- (well the taxpayer is footing the bill for public schools.) -- are there some incidental expenses just like there are elsewhere in the world where there is free education? Yes.

Free healthcare --- covered. Are all meds available in unlimited quantities yet? No. Has the Thai government broken patents on meds to make them available? Yes

Does it ALL cost the Thai citizen less now than in the past including under Thaksin. Yes.

Edit to add ... even though school is free --- someone (the taxpayer) is paying for it. I do hope they are doing things to reduce the cost while improving the quality :)

Edited by jdinasia

Surprise, surprise.

Huh?

Because the education itself is free --- (well the taxpayer is footing the bill for public schools.) -- are there some incidental expenses just like there are elsewhere in the world where there is free education? Yes.

Free healthcare --- covered. Are all meds available in unlimited quantities yet? No. Has the Thai government broken patents on meds to make them available? Yes

Does it ALL cost the Thai citizen less now than in the past including under Thaksin. Yes.

Edit to add ... even though school is free --- someone (the taxpayer) is paying for it. I do hope they are doing things to reduce the cost while improving the quality :)

a) it isn't free, not for the individual 'user' who wants participate in the *15 years of free education* program

b ) correct. Someone has to pay for it. taxpayer.

Taxpayer will pay for the following things.

reduce education costs for the 15 years of 'free' schooling

reduce cost of university study via soft loans

reduce restrictions on free universal healthcare

reduce living costs for people by providing free water, power, bus and train services

reduce the cost of fertiliser for farmers

increase profits for farmers by 25 per cent

increase minimum wages by 25 per cent in two years

You say:

Can you tell how much less exactly the two points *free education* and *free universal health care* cost a Thai citizen?

I am not surprised, she is clearly passionate about the people of Thailand. What a wonderful honest approach from a wonderful honest businesswoman and so what if Thaksin returns, the level of investment in Thailand from overseas was never at such a high whilst he was Prime Minister.

Hopefully, Thaksin-shenanigans won't damage the positive steps the current government has achieved despite the repeated attempts at turmoil created by Thaksin.

Further turmoil may hurt economic growth that reached a 15-year high of 7.8 percent last year and stocks that have been among Asia's best performers over the past 12 months.

Foreign investors have bought a net $871 million of Thai stocks this year, the second-most in Southeast Asia after Indonesia.

Bloomberg - May 16, 2011

http://www.businessweek.com/news/2011-05-16/fugitive-thaksin-s-sister-picked-to-lead-thailand-opposition.html

as for the "wonderfully honest businesswoman"... the same article describes her role in the illegal Shin sale where she netted nearly 1,000,000,000.00 Baht :

She stepped down from AIS in 2006 shortly after Thaksin's family sold its stake in holding company Shin Corp. to Singapore's Temasek Holdings Pte for 73 billion baht ($2.4 billion), a deal that netted Yingluck 985 million baht

oh, and

:welcomeani::signthaivisa:

Edited by Buchholz

What a wonderful honest approach from a wonderful honest businesswoman and so what if Thaksin returns, the level of investment in Thailand from overseas was never at such a high whilst he was Prime Minister.

she is an accomplished business person in her own right

I think you'll find that she hasn't really done much as a "business person in her own right". She has only worked in Thaksin's companies.

Ms. Yingluck Shinawatra serves as Executive President, Acting Chief Executive Officer and Secretary of SC Asset Corporation Public Company Limited.

Ms. Shinawatra served as Acting President of SC Asset Corporation Public Company Limited since December 1, 2006 and its Acting Senior Vice President of Business Development.

Ms. Shinawatra served as President, Wireless Communication of Advanced Info Service Public Co., Ltd. since 2002.

Ms. Shinawatra served as Senior Executive Vice President, Wireless Corporate Planning of Advanced Info Service Public Co., Ltd. from 2001 to 2002.

She served as President of Advanced Info Service Public Co. Ltd. from 2002 to March 1, 2006.

Ms. Shinawatra served as Manager at Shinawatra Directories Co., Ltd from 1991 to 1994 and as General Manager from 1995 to 1996.

She served as Vice President at Shinawatra Directories Co., Ltd from 1997 to 1998 and as Executive Vice President, Service Operation at Advanced Info Service PLC from 1999 to 2001.

She has been the Chairman of the Board of OAI Asset Co., Ltd., Up Country Land Co., Ltd. and V.Land Property Co., Ltd. since March 1, 2006.

She serves as an Executive Director of Manchester City F.C. She has been a Director of SC Asset Corporation Public Company Limited since March 1, 2006.

Just because Blair might have done something dodgy doesn't make it right to steal money from the country, does it?

as for "President of Advanced Info Service Public Co. Ltd"... it was a previously non-existent position that she created out of thin air and one that was promptly dumped when the new owners took over.

"accomplished business person", indeed. :rolleyes:

AIS to abolish president's post

Advanced Info Service will eliminate the president's position that is being vacated by Yingluck Shinawatra, the sister of Prime Minister Thaksin Shinawatra, according to a company source.

The source said the decision was made by the Singaporean state investment company Temasek Holdings after taking over AIS's parent company, Shin Corporation.

Ms Yingluck had been the president of AIS since the post was created five years ago on her initiative, the source said.

Ok, so she shows some emotion. Some will see it as a weakness, while others will see it as pasion. A passion for the people, a passion for the nation. A manifestation of the love that she has for her cause. :whistling:

When Miguel Angel Moratinos lost his job as Spain’s foreign minister he wept openly in public. The European parliament usually has an episode every so often where some member breaks down in tears over something or other. The Speaker of the US House John Boehner cries like this too and he's a cold Republican. Ronald Reagan used to tear up as if on cue when he was near the US flag. Mitt Romney a republican hopeful for the US presidency got all choked up on a news show. Israeli prime ministers have cried,

The only politician that I don't think cries is Vladimr Putin. However, he's a robot so maybe he doesn't count. B)

Neither Spain, the US, Israel or Russia subscribe to that highest of Thai virtues - Jai Yen. Showing emotion in public in Thailand is considered to be the height of bad manners - unless you're trying to finagle votes.

Will she cry when a couple of thousand people are butchered in her "war on drugs"?

the killings mostly by drug-lords to stop smaller sellers to talk and give up their info. pls do a little more research.

Please share your research to justify your claim as plenty of research reveals that was not the situation.

There's no crying in baseball!!

:lol: I'll bet very few remember that statement from Tom Hanks..

Had to look it up. "A league of their own", 1992 with Tom Hanks as Jimmy Dugan saying just that

"Jimmy Dugan: Are you crying? Are you crying? ARE YOU CRYING? There's no crying! THERE'S NO CRYING IN BASEBALL!"

http://www.imdb.com/...t0104694/quotes

I remembered it! Great Flick!

Trairong explained that the Democrats had policies to try to reduce education costs for the 15 years of 'free' schooling; to reduce cost of university study via soft loans to students; to reduce restrictions on free universal healthcare;

Surprise, surprise.

Thais can get free insulin at hospitals but the free offer has restrictions attached

you have to be diabetic to get it.........

blimey, you mean if you don't have diabetes, you won't get any! stone me...

There is hope. The Democrats promise to reduce restrictions on free universal healthcare. :whistling:

a) it isn't free, not for the individual 'user' who wants participate in the *15 years of free education* program

reduce living costs for people by providing free water, power, bus and train services

You say:

Can you tell how much less exactly the two points *free education* and *free universal health care* cost a Thai citizen?

I'll have to tell the family that the free education they received last year was too expensive. :rolleyes:

(from another off-topic discussion in another thread)

With all due respect to yourself and others, the free education program is not the topic of this thread. It's the EC's current position on the potential perjury committed by Yingluck over her proxy holding of 20 million shares, but just to add an anecdotal, the niece attends a government primary school and last year's education cost her parents zero baht for tuition, books, and school uniform. Perhaps anyone not having a similar experience is dealing with corruption on a local level by the individual school and not a shortcoming in the program itself. I would encourage anyone having such experiences to contact the appropriate authorities overseeing the program (Education Ministry) in order to stem any local corruption perpetrated against it.

Neither Spain, the US, Israel or Russia subscribe to that highest of Thai virtues - Jai Yen. Showing emotion in public in Thailand is considered to be the height of bad manners - unless you're trying to finagle votes.

Thanks for the reality check, endure. :thumbsup:

Actually traditionally the British, or at least with the more patrician among them, subscribed to a form of Jai Yen.There were always exceptions.Churchill wept freely for example.In my experience Jai Yen is more of an ideal among Thais, and they can be extremely hotheaded when thwarted.As to Yingluck your comment seems illogical.If crying is so bad mannered and unacceptable in Thailand how on earth can it be expected to "finagle" votes?

The fact is , as we have seen on this thread, there will always be those who on cue will be criticising Yingluk for any public move she makes - even for something as trivial as this.They just can't stsand the fact that she is obviously making traction with the Thai public.

Actually traditionally the British, or at least with the more patrician among them, subscribed to a form of Jai Yen.There were always exceptions.Churchill wept freely for example.In my experience Jai Yen is more of an ideal among Thais, and they can be extremely hotheaded when thwarted.As to Yingluck your comment seems illogical.If crying is so bad mannered and unacceptable in Thailand how on earth can it be expected to "finagle" votes?

The fact is , as we have seen on this thread, there will always be those who on cue will be criticising Yingluk for any public move she makes - even for something as trivial as this.They just can't stsand the fact that she is obviously making traction with the Thai public.

JB, Dead right with your final para...................

Sadly, seems to be always the case.

... is it because she is being supported by the cream of the nicest people in town - Yongyuth Wichaidit, Chalerm Yoobamrung, Natthawut Saikua and Danuporn Punnakan.... well don't think she made it a show.. if she is under pressure for campainging and bet she is, it sure would make some sense.

People blamed Abhisit for lack of experience, age and charisma. Well, compare this with crying Cinderella's reincarnation called Yingluck. Cinderella had to be home by midnight and Yingluck is expected to bring home the bacon by July 3rd, 2011.

This country became ungovernable. Clear the filth, the crooks and all those opportunists out; put a strong man to the country's helm and move forward.

Should anyone of influence read this: Thailand's engine lost steam and if you do not do anything very fast anytime soon Thailand will be behind all those neighbours in a generation from now. This 12-cylinder engine runs on the one cylinder left. As the Bible says "forgive them for not knowing what they do".jap.gif

I am not surprised, she is clearly passionate about the people of Thailand. What a wonderful honest approach from a wonderful honest businesswoman and so what if Thaksin returns, the level of investment in Thailand from overseas was never at such a high whilst he was Prime Minister. Yingluck would be welcome in British Politics, we need that kind of openess and feeling and please, great people of Thailand do not perceive this to be a sign of weakness, she is an accomplished business person in her own right and has the backing of an incredible family that goes back generations all working for the good of the people of the Kingdom of Thailand. Those of you who say yes but look what he made for himself, especially those from the UK should be aware that our ex PM, Tony Blair, needs in excess of £5000000 per year just to pay his staff, who says they cant profit out of being PM, Thaksin, if of course the ellegations are true is no different to those politicians in the so called west where honesty is expected.

Get real, Sunshine! " wonderful honest", twice yet! Of course she was honest, she was working for her brother who has a history of planting drugs on people and then shooting them.

" ...she is an accomplished business person in her own right........" appointed to a self-designed position in her brother's company. Do you think she submitted a CV and sat an Interview?

"....... all working for the good of the people of the Kingdom of Thailand." How does not paying billions of Baht in taxes fit in? Oversight? And her alleged perjury?:bah:

Huh?

You say:

For the majority who pay no tax, the answer would be SFA!

Huh?

You say:

For the majority who pay no tax, the answer would be SFA!

Super Furry Animals?