Women In Politics

lovelomsak

I amnot sure of this but it seems in Thailand there are more women than men . If there are more women than men ,then it should be correct to say there are more women voters than men. Coming from a country full of womens lib I have seem solidarity of women wield a lot of power. So in Thailand if the women were to have their vote swayed by the fact Yingluck is female and vote for her on mass there is a very good chance she would win solely on the issue of being a woman. Does this seem correct?

Edited by lovelomsak

Interesting question. But, not being a woman I would not want to hazard a guess. I"ve heard some women say that they would NEVER vote for a woman and they seem to have special reasons why. I know that Margaret Thatcher was more "man" than most men when she was Prime Minister of England. The present Queen of England rules the British Monarchy with an iron hand just as Queen Victoria did before her. I have no idea of Ms Yingluck's policies or how she fits in with Thaksin.

Many Thai women think for themselves , Ask there Thai husband , if you you knew any thing about Thailand you would know that women are treat as property form being born , they grow up told that there place is in the home. and the men are Not going to let them have rights, many country's have seen this and been through this its just that Thailand is about a 100 years behind other Civilized nations. As regards to womens rights.

According to CIA Factbook, the male to female ratio is the same as in the UK (0.98 male(s)/females) and higher compared to the USA (0.97 male(s)/females).

Edit: Also, you have to take in account voter registration I would assume. Though voting is compulsory, it is not enforced.

Edited by regine

• 3 weeks later...

The ratio of men to women at birth is 50.49% male and 49.51% female

The adult ratio is 49.2% male and 50.8% female that represents 680,267 more women than men.

I'm certain that women are perfectly capable of evaluating the issues (which effect men and women equally) and voting based on issues.

Canada ranks 48th in the world in representation of women trailing behind Burundi (21st) and Iraq (37th) so it would appear that "womens solidarity" and womens lib do not in fact weld "a lot of power"

Thailand, on the other hand has a GEM ranking of 60 which would seem to suggest that women are much less likely to vote for women candidates.