4Wd

back on topic a little bit...

must admit leaning seriously toward the 2Door 4WD Vigo in spite of the "everyone and his buffalo ownin 'em" ..negative. Two door because of my cargo bed requirements..

Yesterday had occasion to be driven for 120k round trip by BIL in his 5 yo 2 DOOR 2WD unit ( I thought it was a new one..amazing the love and affection he must shower on his vehicle)...very impressed with finish, performance and comfort.particular the high quality jump seats ( Fords are less than comfortable or attractive)...like it or not they ARE nice and certainly well proven...I guess everyone has seen the YouTubes of the Arctic and Antarctic pole trips? Ok not exactly stock units but...

I loved the little ignominious slide out cup holder on the passenger dash best...and one in the door too!! lol

Your like the 4x4 Vigo but get one that has VSC.

Didn't know you could get a 2 door only 4x4.

thx..just looked up VSC on Toyota ...bloody hell...lotsa stuff to go wrong!! Remember replacing a single wheel anti- locking module on my Landrover Discovery....A$700.00+ for the unit! OUCH!

Land Rover Discovery ? and Rover cars ? I found gave trouble much sooner, remember a Rover 3 series I think, not too sure, one friend had one with a Rover engine and one of my work colleague's had the same car with a Honda engine which one gave no trouble ???? :D :D .

Had a auto 3.5 V8 Rover and just over 100,000 miles on a long run would bellow out loads of blue smoke after going around corners and was using a lot of oil.

One our company cars Vauxhauls 2 Ltr Cavalier 280,000 miles and only needed the engine head shaved and it just kept going.

Brings to mind when BMW was buying up Rover or rescuing them that Honda pulled out they did not want BMW having there engine technology.:)

VSC like many things would have moved on from Land Rover days I think, Toyota wouldn't fit it otherwise, reliability is essential if you have crap dealerships, maybe they take that into account.:lol: .

Many people will probably disagree and Toyota say you shouldn't do it but I drove my 2005 4x4 Vigo in 4WD most of the time unless in town or village driving for least 40,000 kilos and it was fine I would say to anyone that if you get Vigo 4x4 and any sign of wet bendy roads stick it in 4WD and IMO you will not need VSC, still at the end of the day it's only a truck..

Funny thing, still miss something Trans said about once the ignition key position on the Vigo lights up when you get in and shut the door nice little touch that.

Yep, but what pisses me off, for a top of the range ride, is l cannot dim the dash board lights :(, and with my eyes it's essential at night. :huh:

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You should buy a fortuner you can dim the dash board light's 4 settings, even my 11 year old Mitsu can dim the dash light's

Think most cars on the planet you can so why not this so called top of the range ride. Has anyone got a new Vigo that now has dim-able dash lights.?

I moaned lots here about the slightly off centre hood scoop but they have thanked me for my displeasure and now rectified it. :lol:

You should buy a fortuner you can dim the dash board light's 4 settings, even my 11 year old Mitsu can dim the dash light's

Think most cars on the planet you can so why not this so called top of the range ride. Has anyone got a new Vigo that now has dim-able dash lights.?

I moaned lots here about the slightly off centre hood scoop but they have thanked me for my displeasure and now rectified it. :lol:

Just slap a bit o window film over it.......:D

lol...throw a pair of see thru panties over it..why do you need to see the speed and revs anyways you know you never look at it at night..could take out the fuse....can use your mobile to see fuel gauge..lol TIT?

Anyone seen a ute with windshield defogger setting on air con yet or just foot and/or face..??

lol...throw a pair of see thru panties over it..why do you need to see the speed and revs anyways you know you never look at it at night..could take out the fuse....can use your mobile to see fuel gauge..lol TIT?

Anyone seen a ute with windshield defogger setting on air con yet or just foot and/or face..??

I see your a high tech sort of guy. :rolleyes:

And no ''defoggers'' in trucks, but you can use your see through panties eh. :lol:.

Ah there's one I missed on the difference between a Vigo and Fortuner. Fortuner has defogger's. Just thought I'd update you T.A. It does have one down side though, I have one of those Toyota bit's of carpet on the dash, and if the power is set on 3 it bloody well lift's it up about 2" Buddha know what it will do on max.

I wish they had headlamp position adjusters on the top of the range Fortuners. It's the most useful of accessories that I know and on a truck (which I acknowledge the F is) you often have variable loadings and I often get that irritated main beam from oncoming motorists when I have a full load in the back.

I'd swap position adjusters for the crappy DVD player on my Sportivo any day of the week!

Trans.

Yep, but what pisses me off, for a top of the range ride, is l cannot dim the dash board lights :(, and with my eyes it's essential at night. :huh:

I don't see why you cannot order a Fortuna one from Toyota's and fit it after all it's only dimmer switch resister and the Vigo dash has the same switch positions. :)

I wish they had headlamp position adjusters on the top of the range Fortuners. It's the most useful of accessories that I know and on a truck (which I acknowledge the F is) you often have variable loadings and I often get that irritated main beam from oncoming motorists when I have a full load in the back.

I'd swap position adjusters for the crappy DVD player on my Sportivo any day of the week!

Thank you very much, a Brave Man. The lights were a BIG Problem,even HID didnt help much. Yes the player was awfull too.Now brace youreself for pathetic reasons why they are not .We now have a Focus to replace it, i dont like that either inside , undertakers parlour , but Ford did use the lights before they sold them. :D

• 1 month later...

Thank you very much, a Brave Man. The lights were a BIG Problem,even HID didnt help much. Yes the player was awfull too.Now brace youreself for pathetic reasons why they are not .We now have a Focus to replace it, i dont like that either inside , undertakers parlour , but Ford did use the lights before they sold them. :D

Don't get me wrong - wouldn't swap the Fortuner for the world (for driving in Thailand). Even more so since I found out 2 days ago that I can sit in the drivers' seat for 17 hours (take away a 2 hour enforced rest break) and still arrive feeling surprisingly alert and unstressed.

Q posts about the dangers of driving too long? I was only driving it for half that time (big snarl-up), I know my own limits and was prepared to hotel-up if necessary.