Trip To Hong Kong

gennisis

I am proposing a holiday in Hong Kong in September.

After a few hours on the internet I am thinking of using Thai Air.

For convenience a direct flight,via of course Bangkok,with all the flying done in one day comes to 19,000 baht taxes paid.

So 400 quid for the flights seems ok

Any other suggestions??

Check the weather in September, I was there at end of August a few years ago and was caught in a Typhoon. I used China Airlines on that occasion direct from BKK and quite cheap not sure if they still fly that route.

I used Cathay and found them great ! paid around 8000 baht. I dont know what the purpose of the visit is or who you are going with but it maybe worth checking out the Cathay website as they often have packages on offer.

Personally, not having been to Hong Kong for sometime before my last trip I was amazed at Just how expensive HK has become. Unbelievably expensive !

Ticket should not cost over 8,000 baht. Thai air is ripping you off.

Check prices/offers with Air Asia, Emirates or Cathay.

I think I paid 7000 with Air Asia in January.

Thanks for your reply...but you didnt read my post properly.

I need to fly from Chaing Mai.......not served by Emirates or Cathay.

Air Asia does not appear to fly to Hong Kong only Macao and would then need ferry.

Anyhow...thanks

Just checked Air Asia for end Sept- around 5000 baht return BK -HK. About 3200 baht CH BK return. Add bits for luggage seating 10,000 baht max.

Play around with the dates and the flights to get optimal deal. Agree with others-Oct/Nov best weather-I lived there for 12 years!

From ChiangMai to HK you have more options,then TG.

If you want to splash - SilkAir/SingaporeAir through Singapore is even better experience then TG,you can fly on Airbus 380,great pleasure!

AirAsia to KL and then to HK

ChinaAirlines through Taipei

• 2 months later...
<br />From ChiangMai to HK you have more options,then TG.<br />If you want to splash - SilkAir/SingaporeAir through Singapore is even better experience then TG,you can fly on Airbus 380,great pleasure!<br />AirAsia to KL and then to HK<br />ChinaAirlines through Taipei<br />
<br /><br /><br />

I saw trip Chiang Rai to Macao, but don't remember the company.