Major Cineplex Price Increase

gaga2011

Regular is always 120 baht but Wednesdays was always 60 baht except for the week of some new releases. Now movies on Wed are up to 80 baht which matches the same promotion at Central.

Yet another reason not to go to The Avenue shopping center. :ermm:

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My lord, that's less than $3.00 (US). Movie prices here in the states is over $10.00 and we have those mini theater's with the false walls between theater's. :blink:

Not in Mississippi there not, 5 bucks tops

Plus no reserved seating...used gum under the seats...rowdy gang-bangers in the house...and sticky spilled soda on the floors...all for only 2-3x the price of a ticket at a clean, well air-coned theatre here in Thailand...what's the world coming too ;)

I know where I would rather go to the Cinema yes Thailand..I think what the OP is trying to say is we are getting a little inflation these days..Its no use to anyone who lives here saying but its more expensive back in your own country thats one of the reasons most of us are here!

Oh dear oh dear! If you are that short of 20 baht, give me a ring and i will treat you to first class in central. A bargain at 600baht/person.

Nice to know that YOU'RE so rich. Not all of us are. I can only afford to go on the cheap nights as have to pay for GF too, and have limited budget.

It'll cost you 10 Baht in a songthaew to get from Avenue to Central so it'll be more expensive to go there (and back) instead.

What a waste of money. It's only a 5 minute walk. Besides, if the OP is like me, it'd be 20 bht each way, including the GF.

Anyway, if the OP can't afford 80 bht, he's not going to Central, as they charge 100 bht ( up from 80 ).

That's actually incorrect. You can still pay 60 bht in the front block.

I too, am PO at the increase, as it adds 40 bht for me as I have to pay for the GF too, and I won't sit at the front.

Even more annoyingly, they have Priest only in 3D at 170 bht. I went to Central and saw it in 2D. Wasn't worth 170 bht.

Then when I wanted to see Pirates, they say it's a special film, only at full price. What BS! I'll just go to TukCom and get a DVD, so they're losing customers.

That's actually incorrect. You can still pay 60 bht in the front block.

I too, am PO at the increase, as it adds 40 bht for me as I have to pay for the GF too, and I won't sit at the front.

Even more annoyingly, they have Priest only in 3D at 170 bht. I went to Central and saw it in 2D. Wasn't worth 170 bht.

Then when I wanted to see Pirates, they say it's a special film, only at full price. What BS! I'll just go to TukCom and get a DVD, so they're losing customers.

60 baht in the front where?

when?

the avenue stopped doing this ages ago

and like stated wed at sf is now 100

my complaint is there is nothing, nothing worth seeing lately or is it usually?

well except of course for the hangover II ;)

last night at priest at central

there were 3 previews for

COMIC BOOK MOVIES!!!

talk about dumbing down :bah:

i go to the movies often

i can not recall the last movie worth 4 stars

and think of the time money and energy spent on making these things!

(la invasion was more entertaining than i expected, but very much a PRO-WAR movie)

oh good news it wasn't tooooo cold in the movie last night

maybe they turn the ac down on discount night???

why does it need to be 23??? :blink:

i actually checked the thermostat once

it read 23

i often wear winter cloths to the movies here :passifier:

sorry for the drivel :jap:

topic near and dear to me

i grew up in movie theaters

had many a job related to cinema

if anyone wants to talk film/cinema they have found the right person :lol:

ok enough of this OT

i am avoiding the work i need to do :whistling:

My lord, that's less than $3.00 (US). Movie prices here in the states is over $10.00 and we have those mini theater's with the false walls between theater's. :blink:

Plus no reserved seating...used gum under the seats...rowdy gang-bangers in the house...and sticky spilled soda on the floors...all for only 2-3x the price of a ticket at a clean, well air-coned theatre here in Thailand...what's the world coming too ;)

You ever been to Mississippi? guess it's some prissy,lick my candy,stiff collar state of VT or NC and so on,the walking dead KMA

It that an increase to 80 baht for the front seats now? Used to be 60 baht for front and 80 baht for back seats.

I can't believe anyone would actually sit in the front seats to save 20 baht.

I was surprised that they even had Wednesday promotion tickets at those prices. I wonder if the cheap charlies who go to movies on Wednesday would even pay for full price on the other days?

Am presently in Australia where the full price of a cinema ticket is $18.00 which is just over 540 baht.

Wow. A very overpriced currency. Won't be visiting there anytime soon.

I remember going to the movie theatres in the states for $1. Yes, $1. They don't have anything that cheap here.

What? They used to have movies for $1? When?

Even if they still do it, you won't see a new release movies for that. The production companies would go broke.

Edited by tropo

Am presently in Australia where the full price of a cinema ticket is $18.00 which is just over 540 baht.

Wow. A very overpriced currency. Won't be visiting there anytime soon.

Nonsense. It was under priced for so long people like you got the wrong idea.

60 baht in the front where?

when?

the avenue stopped doing this ages ago

and like stated wed at sf is now 100

I haven't been there since late last year, but they always had a 2-tier seat price system excluding the love seats at the back. On Wednesdays they charged 60 baht for front seats up to the 4th row of the back block and 80 baht for all others. On normal priced days they always charged 20 baht for the back seats.

Did they stop doing this sometime since December last year?

The Lincoln Lawyer and Limitless are recent films and they got decent reviews.

Lincon lawyer was good. Thanks for the tip about limitless. I also liked True Grit and the Tourist on the big screen.

You ever been to Mississippi? guess it's some prissy,lick my candy,stiff collar state of VT or NC and so on,the walking dead KMA

I lived in Biloxi/Gulfport Mississippi for 4 years. Both John Grisham and Morgan Freeman live in Miss. Your comments are way out of line imho

Plenty of sites where you can download movies for free if you are really on a budget.

The mainstream US movie studios produce very few good quality offerings these days.

The movie offerings are a little bit like the fast food offerings of Macdonalds and Burger King all hype and advertising but ulitimately not very satisfying.

Finally to the OP I would hate to ever be in the position where I even considered or in fact noticed 20baht.

playing on the big screen in pattaya?????

another point:

i wonder what the profit margins for sf and major are

as the overhead must be high and the seats are not

in the states most of the profits came from overpriced yet optional concessions

playing on the big screen in pattaya?????

Yep...both were playing in Pattaya a couple weeks ago.

However, these non-action hero foreign films don't stay around long, so if you blinked, you might have missed them :lol:

Edited by FarangBuddha

I was just in Patters and saw a Thai movie at Big C and Thor at the Avenue. What I thought was funny was the popcorn and coke pricing. Avenue gives you a size choice. At Big C there was One size. A freaking horse feed sized bucket of popcorn that I could not hope to even finish half of, and two liters sized cup of coke I estimate. So, you pay a bit more than necessary just to throw stuff out. I wonder if they assume you will be not going alone or will be feeding the family or girl when you go, or they just want to sell large quantities to move product out the door?

Oh and I was a bit dissapointed that Big C only seems to show Thai language movies now. Sometimes with english subtitles. I saw Jukhelan or something like that. I don't mind listening to the Thai. It helps me learn the language. Just making an observation on the types of movies they show there now.