Feminists Not Elated About Yingluck

webfact

begin removed ...

The consensus is that she is intelligent and with a pleasant attractive character, but obviously she will become better known to the public as the campaign progresses.There is not the slightest bit of evidence to suggest she is not a very capable person.

You have over the last few weeks made a series of snide and speculative posts about Yingluck, based on no evidence at all - you obviously have no understanding of how large Sino-Thai businesses operate - and earlier sexist jibes for which I believe you have been warned.We know you don't share her politics and you can certainly make the case to the best of your abilities.But don't make up stuff about her and don't lie about other members posts please.

(the 'you' refers to buchholz)

Jayboy, the other side of the coin is that there is not the slightest bit of evidence that Ms. Yingluck is a remarkable capable person. I don't see why an understanding of Sino-Thai business would change that unless you want to suggest that that type of business is 'all-in-the-family'. Ms. Yingluck's CV shows various high-level positions in business her family owns / owned and in which she also has/had a stake; not through ability, but because of her brother.

People have been asking if Ms. Yingluck had experience in non-family controlled business and till now I don't think I've seen any positive reply to that. I'm willing to believe Ms. Yingluck is capable, as so many other people, nothing special though.

Jayboy, the other side of the coin is that there is not the slightest bit of evidence that Ms. Yingluck is a remarkable capable person. I don't see why an understanding of Sino-Thai business would change that unless you want to suggest that that type of business is 'all-in-the-family'. Ms. Yingluck's CV shows various high-level positions in business her family owns / owned and in which she also has/had a stake; not through ability, but because of her brother.

People have been asking if Ms. Yingluck had experience in non-family controlled business and till now I don't think I've seen any positive reply to that. I'm willing to believe Ms. Yingluck is capable, as so many other people, nothing special though.

I think an understanding of how families operate in Sino - Thai businesses is actually relevant and helpful.

Has anybody said she is remarkable? We don't have much to go on other than her qualities of an attractive personality and obvious intelligence.She has, I would argue, the likelihood of understanding commerce and business quite well (I'll put it no more than that.We will find out one way or another soon enough.)

As to your comment:

"I'm willing to believe Ms. Yingluck is capable, as so many other people, nothing special though." I would happy to agree with that, an entirely rational position free of snide innuendo and based on what we know.

And over the last few weeks you have made a series of praising and speculative posts about Yingluck, based on heaven knows what.

Can you give me any examples of any comments on her record I have made not fully justified.I have certainly said she seems to have an attractive personality - do you want me to justify that as well?

As to your comments on her abilities, no evidence or convincing argument have been provided at all.I haven't checked but I believe your sexist jibes about marital status etc have quite rightly been removed by mods

And over the last few weeks you have made a series of praising and speculative posts about Yingluck, based on heaven knows what.

Can you give me any examples of any comments on her record I have made not fully justified.

I didn't say that you commented on her record. The comments I've made on her record, such as her own made-up position at AIS, are justified by the accompanying news.

Edited by metisdead
Off topic comments removed.

I think an understanding of how families operate in Sino - Thai businesses is actually relevant and helpful.

I think the way a Sino-Thai business operates is irrelevant.

She would have been put in those positions in Thaksin's companies whether she had the abilities or not.

It'd be nice to see some of these platitudes of her exceptional abilities be backed up with some evidence, otherwise they seem dishonest.

It would also be interesting to see the many that have had transactions with her come forward and cite anecdotal evidence that she was something more than a drone.

Apparently according to your own words Buchholtz her position was not filled when she left..........and no longer exists

Obviously her talents and skills were irreplacable, and the burden of her tasks broadcast among many, to allow the high standard she constantly achieved to be maintained......

Apparently according to your own words Buchholtz her position was not filled when she left..........and no longer exists

Obviously her talents and skills were irreplacable, and the burden of her tasks broadcast among many, to allow the high standard she constantly achieved to be maintained......

What's this? Warming up for Saturday Night Live?

It'd be nice to see some of these platitudes of her exceptional abilities be backed up with some evidence, otherwise they seem dishonest.

It would also be interesting to see the many that have had transactions with her come forward and cite anecdotal evidence that she was something more than a drone.

in England they call that redundancy............

Edited by timekeeper

in England they call that redundancy............

That'll be ok then as English culture and law is prevalent throughout Thailand.......:blink: