Reliability Of Ford Ranger/Chev Colorado-Vs-Toyota, Nissan Etc

Hello all, I am in the market and have been set on the Nissan Navarra because of the price and my previous experience has been very good with Nissan's and horrible with Chev and Ford.

I am wondering about any experiences with the reliability of the Ford Ranger and Chev Colorado/Isuzu?

I like the new Ford Ranger but don't want a new vehicle that could be in the shop half the time or maybe things have changed, but I have heard good experiences with the Toyota, but that style is a bit dated with the new Ford and Chevy coming to the market soon.

Thanks!

Nahhhh come on.

I think the Ford will be fine, first of all it's a pick up and Ford pick ups (or their business vans) have always been fine, unlike Ford cars which used to be horrible. Second, Ford supposedly improved their quality.

Lastly, my father in law has a Ford Everest which is based on the pick up. Same car, basically, except with a passenger cabin welded on. I dislike that car because of the cheap plastic interior (ridiculous really, even for a budget car), the crap suspension, and the rear seats which are so uncomfortable as to be unusable, which is also unbelievable for a 2006 car. But... Daa has driven that car all over Thailand, it has a crazy amount of miles on it, and it never had any serious trouble. Knock on wood.

It's not going to be Toyota quality, but it will be fine. Don't know about Chevy except that their pick ups are also better than the cars, which isn't all that hard though.

I think the Ford will be fine, first of all it's a pick up and Ford pick ups (or their business vans) have always been fine, unlike Ford cars which used to be horrible. Second, Ford supposedly improved their quality.

Here we go again ..

... so the same goes for Mazda BT-50 then? rolleyes.gif

Agreed, the Thai pickup market will be changing over the next couple of years. The all new Ford Ranger, Mazda, new Chevrolet, Nissan and Mitsubishi combining forces for their new model plus Isuzu and maybe Toyota upgrading the Vigo.

Oh yep Tata too, they are gaining in popularity up here!

Agreed, the Thai pickup market will be changing over the next couple of years. The all new Ford Ranger, Mazda, new Chevrolet, Nissan and Mitsubishi combining forces for their new model plus Isuzu and maybe Toyota upgrading the Vigo.

Still, simplicity and strict focus on quality and reliability, I believe Toyota is unbeatable. Unbeatable to boredom as anything ever is broke on Highlux Vigo. Expecting some issues with the Ford Ranger 3,2 6 speed auto I have ordered for January delivery. One, because it is a Ford and not Toyota. Two, because it is much more complicated/higher spec, normally resulting in more things to go wrong. Three, because most parts on board have not been tested for one or two decades in millions of vehicles

Still, simplicity and strict focus on quality and reliability, I believe Toyota is unbeatable. Unbeatable to boredom as anything ever is broke on Highlux Vigo. Expecting some issues with the Ford Ranger 3,2 6 speed auto I have ordered for January delivery. One, because it is a Ford and not Toyota. Two, because it is much more complicated/higher spec, normally resulting in more things to go wrong. Three, because most parts on board have not been tested for one or two decades in millions of vehicles

The Puma 2.2L and 3.2L TD's going into the T6 Ranger have had billions of miles on them, as the powerplants of Ford Transit vans. The 6-speed AT is a Getrag 6R80, which has been used since 2007 in a few North American models (Mustang, Expedition, Navigator and the F-Series trucks) and all of the voice-control/bluetooth electronics are borrowed from a global parts bin that's currently servicing a large amount of models (most notably in TH, the Fiesta). The safety electronics (stabilty/traction/hill-start/hill-descent/trailer-sway) are all bin parts from the USA F-Series and Explorer as well.

In short, what goes into the new T6 is all well tested and proven, the only variable is how it all comes together as the sum of it's parts ;)