Chiang Mai Mountain View Condo.

Hi all,

My question to you guys is about Mountain view condo in chiang mai close to the 700 year old stadium. Well so far I have put down 600,000 Baht in total and have a few queries as I got the final bill yesterday.

I feel Im being over charged as the extras on the bill keep rolling in. So my question is :

Has anyone else bought a condo there and if so what did you have to pay extra for / what was included when you put the deposit down ? I wonder if I didnt bargain enough and now their trying to milk it.

All help well appreciated thanks.

It maybe all different now, 10 years back a friend of mine was about to buy a condo in Phuket but when all the details of after costs of maintenance charges and management charges, he bail out.

Taking a look at the price he would have to pay now though it would of been a good investment.

Hope things work out for you anyhow.

i definitely can't help cos' the given info. is incompleted.

how much in Total?

how much the extra?

any other charges? break it down.. and present it then...

quality materials used in your own room?

space? sqm2?

any free given items such as air/con, fridge, kitchen or else.

club , fitness and swimming pool?

monthly fee - garbage collection, condo management.

600,000 baht is rather cheap - i dunno

Edited by dunkin2012

We have had quite a bit of experience there so could maybe offer some advice.

But as said in othe rpost more detail is needed in regard to total price per sqm, what is included, notincluded. etc,,

What extras are you being "billed" for..

You can PM us if you like.

Hey guys thanks for the responses,

well first off the 600,000 is just what I have already paid them. I bought it off plan its about to be finished in the next couple of months. Orginally it was or so I thought it was 1,760,000 including kitchen and furniture or at least the minor stuff, but it turns out the room comes completely bare. I havnt bought off plan before so I guess im to blame that i didnt state exactly what I wanted the room to include.

So the extras making the room 1,920,000 are:

Air con X2 = 55,600

adjustor water temp= 6,000

Electric meter = 12,383

Real price Sq M additional space= 37,000

Sinking fund = 19,536

Yearly common management fee = 17,582

Seems pricey to me all this (1,920,000) doesnt include furniture for the room also. The room is also on the 4th floor and is 48 Sq meters.

well first off the 600,000 is just what I have already paid them. I bought it off plan its about to be finished in the next couple of months. Orginally it was or so I thought it was 1,760,000 including kitchen and furniture or at least the minor stuff, but it turns out the room comes completely bare. I havnt bought off plan before so I guess im to blame that i didnt state exactly what I wanted the room to include.

Air con X2 = 55,600

Electric meter = 12,383

Sinking fund = 19,536

Seems pricey to me all this (1,920,000) doesnt include furniture for the room also. The room is also on the 4th floor and is 48 Sq meters.

This should be stated in your contract, many of the condos they sell is just an empty unit, and water/el. meter, sinking fund will come on top of the retail price. The owner transfer/title deed will come in addition as well i guess

Some of those figures sound slightly high but nothing astronomical.

You could try asking another installer for a quote for aircons. At that price they could be expensive cheap ones, or they could be super fancy inverter units with bells and whistles, which might be about right.

The maintenance fee sounds about right, assuming there are some facilties and the common areas are nice.

The meter is perhaps double what some buildings in Pattaya would charge: not a huge extra though. Never heard of a water temp adjustor. Do they mean a heater?

Sinking fund sounds right.

Presumably floor tiles and bathroom and kitchen (without appliances) were included? So it wasnt actually a shell (no tiles, no fitted units).

The total price per metre sounds fairly normal to me (perhaps I would have expected CM to be a little cheaper), but again it all depends on how classy your building is, how conveniently located it is, and if you have a view of heaven or of the local pig farm/disco.

Your main problem is that you didnt clarify with them whether or not the furniture package was included. If they dont say (loudly and often, as a specific selling point) that it is included, then it isnt.

• 3 months later...

Air con X2 = 55,600

Electric meter = 12,383

Sinking fund = 19,536

Do you know the company name that you are buying the condo through?, as it seems i might be going through the same thing as it says fully furnished, then states 3 air conditioners, 1 water heater and 1 refrigerator, but does define what fully furnished is!