Samsung Tv Screen Outages

nikster

On our Samsung TV which is nearly a year old, we had the picture disappear suddenly. It would then come back eventually, but stay out for quite some time - sound continued to work.

I made sure it's not the cable box or the HDMI cable by repeating the problem with the USB hard drive.

Returned to Siam TV. Twice. But it's still happening. Seems to be less frequent than before which is even worse as if it was really broken-broken they'd probably fix it or replace it for us. But as it is, I can't even be sure the problem appears in any given hour.

The warranty is running out so I suspect Samsung/Siam TV are in no hurry.

Anyone know what could cause this? A faulty power cable maybe?

Come to think of it this TV had issues from the start. First time out of the box, the screen remained black. We then got a replacement inside SiamTVs 7 day no question replacement policy.

It's a Samsung 40" LCD TV with USB port which can play HD movies from a connected hard disk or USB stick - very convenient, and great picture, but somewhat lacking in the quality department....

Edited by nikster

Addendum: Anyone have recommendations for quality TV from another brand? Are they any better? I am definitely trying another brand should this one remain unfixable. Our 32" Samsung LCD TVs are fine though, never had any issues.

When I was doing research into new LCD TV I read several reports that Samsung has/ had issues.... So I avoided buying Samsung, although it does seem to be a popular brand... Power off advertising!

Personally I went for 42"Toshiba, which had been my first choice for TV, even before moving to Thailand. There was not a huge difference in price...

Because of fluctuating power issues I do have a voltage regulator meters for both TV and Computers.... plus CPU on computers... If I remember they were 4000 baht range,(3 years ago now) ..... but good insurance against power surges, which can range from 198 to 240 volts, in a matter of seconds... generally I think TV's are generally more "forgiving" with power surges....than computers. (I also HDMI set up and splitter box from Computer to TV) ...

As for Warrenty returns, if Samsung anything like Sony Camera warranty, you'll wait 5 to 6 months to see it returned.... I'd never buy anything from Sony again!:annoyed:

Not sure if that helps, be interesting to see what others say!

Same thing happens to mine but it's an 37" LG. At first I thought it was faulty wiring in my house, so I called electrician and it turned out everything was fine.

I called the service center and the rep told me that some TVs have this problem and I would cost 1000 thb to fix, cause it was 4 months out of warranty!! So my guess is that the tv is bad.