Foreign Currency

When I arrive at Suvarnabhumi can I buy US Dollars from the exchange booths ?

I am going to Cambodia later in the month and I was told that I would need to show flight tickets (or confirmation). I was hoping that I would only need to show my passport.

ISTR seeing ATM-like machines in the airside shopping mall hallways that issue foreign currencies. i.e. You put in your leftover baht and receive currency of your home countries. I do know that USD was one of the currencies you could get. However, I can't recall just where the machine(s) are that I saw.

• 2 weeks later...

There are several money exchange kiosks just past Immigration before entering baggage claim. DO NOT USE THEM!!!! They give a poorer rate than the exchange kiosks in the arrivals hall after baggage claim and customs.

I learned this the hard way.

• 2 weeks later...

I'd go to SuperRich in town.

If you are headed to Cambodia, you can use Thai Baht and squeak by until you hit either SRP or PNH.

If you are flying into PNH, get on the back of a moto (US2 [give 80B].

Go to Psah Themi and change in one of the shops on the periphery. If you are arriving later, go to Capital GH city center. Walk down 1-2 blocks there is a woman who gives bad rates but is open much later. BEFORE YOU CHANGE....walk across the street into the open area. On right, go down 100m and you should see more shops giving better rates. If closed or yo ucant deal with these poor directions. Just use that hag. Change what you need for the night.

You can change in most gold shops that surround most markets in most cities in Cambodia.

Edited by bangkokburning