Multiple Entry Visa To The Uk

Looking at taking my girl back to the UK for a holiday. Was planning on a 3 week in August and a 2 week in December(Christmas) . Ive been told that you can actually apply for a multiple entry visa(6mths), does this actually mean that she would have multiple entry during that 6mths period? If so, are they more difficult to obtain than a standard 6mth visa? Im just thinking if there's no disadvantage, then it should be cheaper ?

Any info greatly appreciated. Thanks.

We have received the visa for my partner (female) to visit the UK. It is valid from 16/05/11 to 16/11/11,ie. 6 calender months. The other details printed on the visa are:- Type of visa C; number of entries MULTI; duration of stay 180 days.

We did a normal Visitor Visa application.

We have received the visa for my partner (female) to visit the UK. It is valid from 16/05/11 to 16/11/11,ie. 6 calender months. The other details printed on the visa are:- Type of visa C; number of entries MULTI; duration of stay 180 days.

We did a normal Visitor Visa application.

Mind telling us how long you waited from handing in Docs at VFS to actually being told she had the visa?

I think all visas from the UK Embassy are Multi Entry.

Mind telling us how long you waited from handing in Docs at VFS to actually being told she had the visa?

We got the SMS from the VFS to say that the visa had been processed, 10 working days (2 weeks) after submission (courier from VFS to Chiang Mai took another 1.5 days)

Edited by rawhod

As stated, a standard UK visit visa is multi entry; unless the ECO has good reason for restricting the number of entries. See VAT1.3 Visa validity - When to issue a single-entry visit visa.

Remember that the visa will be valid for 6 months from the day it is issued, unless a later date (up to three months later) is requested in the application. As her first visit will be in August and second in December you may want to consider asking for the start to be post dated until just before her first trip as this will give you more flexibility on the dates of the second one.

BTW, NanLaew says

........the 6-month visa issued by VFS on behalf of the Brit Emb.........
VFS do not issue visas on behalf of the British Embassy; they play no part whatsoever in the decision making process. The UKVAC, run by VFS, is merely a handling centre. They simply collect applications from applicants and forward them to the embassy where all the decisions are made. Once a decision has been made passports etc. are returned to VFS for forwarding to the applicant.

BTW, NanLaew says

VFS do not issue visas on behalf of the British Embassy; they play no part whatsoever in the decision making process. The UKVAC, run by VFS, is merely a handling centre. They simply collect applications from applicants and forward them to the embassy where all the decisions are made. Once a decision has been made passports etc. are returned to VFS for forwarding to the applicant.

Oh bugger the semantics willya 7by ?

As stated, a standard UK visit visa is multi entry; unless the ECO has good reason for restricting the number of entries. See VAT1.3 Visa validity - When to issue a single-entry visit visa.

Remember that the visa will be valid for 6 months from the day it is issued, unless a later date (up to three months later) is requested in the application. As her first visit will be in August and second in December you may want to consider asking for the start to be post dated until just before her first trip as this will give you more flexibility on the dates of the second one.

BTW, NanLaew says

This is what I understood it to be...So there's no way you can deal with the embassy direct??

BTW, NanLaew says

This is what I understood it to be...So there's no way you can deal with the embassy direct??

Why do you want to deal with the Embassy direct ? The application process is the same for everyone.

BTW, NanLaew says

Are you certain that they play no part...

When my partner submitted at Regent House recently, the person taking the documents was asking her how long she was staying in the UK and what she was going to do (and that she was also writing)

Gathering information which may be missing from the application and/or collating information which is included in the application is not the same as making a decision on that application.

FromVisas

Who decides whether I will get a visa?

Your visa application will be processed and decided by UK Border Agency staff. VFS provide a visa application support service only, and VFS staff play no part in the outcome of your visa application. The decision to issue or refuse a visa is made by the UK Border Agency only.

I have the UK Border Agency visa application form in front of me know here in China, the form VAF1A (tourist visa) and you can actuaslly apply for the following 6months,1 year,2year,5year or 10 year. all multi entry with 180 day validity.

Dont know how hard they are to get tho !

Gathering information which may be missing from the application and/or collating information which is included in the application is not the same as making a decision on that application.

FromVisas

Who decides whether I will get a visa?

Your visa application will be processed and decided by UK Border Agency staff. VFS provide a visa application support service only, and VFS staff play no part in the outcome of your visa application. The decision to issue or refuse a visa is made by the UK Border Agency only.

I was not suggesting that they made any decision, but I did wondered if they might be making a quick "character assessment" of the applicant.

As the quote from the embassy website says, VFS staff play no part in the outcome of the application; and this includes any sort of character assessment.

The only assessment of any kind that VAC staff may carry out is on the evidence submitted; not the qualiity, but the quantity, i.e. are all the necessary documents there. If they feel something is missing then they will advise the applicant to withdraw the application, before any fee is paid, and come back with the missing documents; but they must forward the application as is to the embassy if the applicant insists.