Surin Beach Dogs

Valentine

I hope the Soi Dog foundation could take a walk in King Rama IX Park. A pack with what for me seem to be wolves has made ground there. For years the park has been nearly free of street dogs and also private owned pets do to signs saying “no Pet” at the entrance. The signs were removed late last year. However I don’t fear for my children when responsible owners walk their pet in a leech but when a pack with street dogs starts to get irritated waiting for food it’s not a playground for children anymore.

Don’t know what priorities the local Government has but IMO a place to be outdoors in a green setting (well its manmade but still green) for children away from asphalt and videogames a couple hours every day should be a part of children’s human rights.

I hope the Soi Dog foundation could take a walk in King Rama IX Park. A pack with what for me seem to be wolves has made ground there. For years the park has been nearly free of street dogs and also private owned pets do to signs saying "no Pet" at the entrance. The signs were removed late last year. However I don't fear for my children when responsible owners walk their pet in a leech but when a pack with street dogs starts to get irritated waiting for food it's not a playground for children anymore.

Don't know what priorities the local Government has but IMO a place to be outdoors in a green setting (well its manmade but still green) for children away from asphalt and videogames a couple hours every day should be a part of children's human rights.

Then its time to get over your fear of dogs.

I honestly sympathise as I have my own fears (heights), but you need to understand that dogs will only rarely stand up to someone who is not frightened of them.

The pack will have a leader, and as long as you stand firm and not frightened, the leader (and the rest of the pack) will fade away...

It appears that the local Thais don't have a problem with the 'pack', otherwise they would have poisoned them. Its only your fear that is causing the problem.

Thanks Fanatic but this is really not about my fear but the possibility for a 8 and 10 year old playing there to be reasonable safe.

Btw.there are an area made especially for children at King Rama IX Park where children can play and I can guarantee you that no Thai are there with their children when the filthy dogs go at it together.

First LEARN about dogs and their behaviour.

Right, now. Bring on the 'I'd rather aim a rocket launcher at the fckrs Rambos' who make up a not a miniscule proportion of posters on this forum.

I find a little wafarin, with an Alpo chaser, goes a long way :ph34r:

just came back from kuala lumpur.. no soi dogs. 0 of them. HOW?

Thais have problems with soi dogs, they dont poison them because it would cost them money and time that they could be spending watching tv.

You gonna tell me that thais have no problem with living in streets with coackroaches and trash and black water? Yes they do but to fix the problem they would all need to shed cash and time and do a burmese's job of cleaning. So they just live with it.

just came back from kuala lumpur.. no soi dogs. 0 of them. HOW?

Thais have problems with soi dogs, they dont poison them because it would cost them money and time that they could be spending watching tv.

You gonna tell me that thais have no problem with living in streets with coackroaches and trash and black water? Yes they do but to fix the problem they would all need to shed cash and time and do a burmese's job of cleaning. So they just live with it.

Muslims dont like dogs! they are dirty dirty ;)