Best Practices Hr Standards

There are many standards in the world specializing on specific area's i.e.

CMMI- for IT

QS 9000 - ISO9000 derivative for Automotive

COPC for touchpoints ( i.e. Call center / telesales / retail outlets etc )

and tons of others.

Are there any published internationally recognized frameworks for HR ?

For anyone who has read ISO 9000 / TQM and then reads eTOM for example, the difference in clarity is clear.

Thanks.

Uhmm, what? :blink:

Maybe you should ask the Skipper. Or even better, the Professor. He'll know.

know a company in Rayong adopted ISO 9000 / TQM from a vendor. everything was smooth.

They only needed your money. (the vendor)

the system is so so. many problems are still there in the real practices!!!!!!

ISO certified doesn't mean lean and mean companies.... bunches of bullshit too...

but when your clients don't see it , they assume your company is suck.

know a company in Rayong adopted ISO 9000 / TQM from a vendor. everything was smooth.

ISO certified doesn't mean lean and mean companies.... bunches of bullshit too...

Although the unlying concepts of ISO 9000/TQM are sound....the process' weres picked up by "consultants" who peddled their wares and turned it into a money making racket....the Being accredited to ISO-9000/TQM or Six Sigma etc means absolutely nothing other than you have developed paperwork to document your c*kc ups....:rolleyes:

Although the unlying concepts of ISO 9000/TQM are sound....the process' weres picked up by "consultants" who peddled their wares and turned it into a money making racket....the Being accredited to ISO-9000/TQM or Six Sigma etc means absolutely nothing other than you have developed paperwork to document your c*kc ups....:rolleyes:

It should mean that you know how bad you are, and that you consistently achieve the same level of quality, whether that be high or low.

The organisations I admire most, with respect to quality, are McDonalds, and Subway; probably Subway achieve more, insofar as their ingredients appear to be fresh.

Both seem to deliver exceptionally consistent product across national and cultural divides, and very economically.

McDs also, presumably, have excellent HR policies, since it is clear that they seem to rarely waste money on over-qualified people.

SC

Absolutely...... have known the industry for years, and the Thai certification bodies are typically more strict than many of the western ones. I know European one where its buy one cert, and get one free 2 for 1 promotion.

This question is not about ISO / certification, its about finding standards which can give people a clear guideline of what is best practices.

For example, CMMI is quite specific, and gives some real guidance to improve things on.

Looking for something similar in the HR realm.

Don't get me started on 'HR'.

Most HR people I've come across are incompetents requiring people to be sycophants in order for them to do their jobs properly.

You seem like a bit of a self-starter.

Perhaps we get the colleagues we deserve.

If you worked for a company that implemented best practice standards in HR then you would not need to bear a personal grudge, and that might give us time to concentrate on our own jobs and addressing our own problems...

SC

Most HR people I've come across are incompetents requiring people to be sycophants in order for them to do their jobs properly.

If you worked for a company that implemented best practice standards in HR then you would not need to bear a personal grudge, and that might give us time to concentrate on our own jobs and addressing our own problems...

SC

I understand wher samran is coming from....

SC

Oh what I wouldn't have given not to have anything to do with HR.......

But if being drinking buddies with the regional HR manager of a large international firm was the tried and proven way of being able to get a pay rise and promotion, then no thanks.

So I stopped playing the game and set up my own firm.

Much happier since...

Never a truer word spoken.......:lol: ...We had one occassion where a guy was employed and had been working for the company for nearly two months and we got message from the HR department they would be ready to commence interviews for that position in about 6 weeks time....!!!!....:huh:

Never a truer word spoken.......:lol: ...We had one occassion where a guy was employed and had been working for the company for nearly two months and we got message from the HR department they would be ready to commence interviews for that position in about 6 weeks time....!!!!....:huh:

I guess I must have been lucky; I've generally found that HR reflects the management direction, and if management is committed to disempowerment, frustrating employees and blocking progress, then HR and Finance are the two departments that management use to suppress staff. However, if management is committed to getting the job done, then I have found HR, and even finance, surprisingly, to be helpful and flexible. We might grizzle about the incompetence or stupidity or partiality or intransigence of specific individuals, but we are none of us perfect...

Of course, we could perhaps draw up a list of stereotypes for a typical organisation, and heap scorn on all our colleagues, but that would embarrass ourselves more than them, I fear.

SC

I guess I must have been lucky;

You have. Quick, go buy a lotto ticket....

I guess I must have been lucky;

You have. Quick, go buy a lotto ticket....

How frustrating is that? To use up all one's luck in relations with HR?

I'll never buy another lotto ticket - there's none left for that, obviously...

SC