I Have To Vent

I bank with Chase and being outside USA,here in Thailand, the past few months has been an absolute nightmare getting money (wire) to my Bank of Bangkok account or logging on to chase.com

Of course, I can use my Chase atm and pay a fee here and from ChaseSatan.com plus a bad exchange rate with no issues.

F Chase.com

Edited by JRA

not related to CM, moving to the banking forum where you may get some topical advice

No advice needed, I just hate Chase.com....sorry for post go ahead and just delete if you like

Not sure why you are having difficulty logging on tbh, I use Chase for my cc (not banking tho) and have zero issues logging in.

Curious if you think its because you have a Thai IP? What browser are you using?

Change banks. I hear Chase has some healthy fees like a $40 for a SWIFT transfer to Thailand and charge 3% plus $5 per debit card foreign transaction. Change to a bank that provides free ACH transfers and provides a no foreign transaction fee debit card such as Schwab, Capital One, State Farm, etc. Other banks offer lower fees....Chase has a big brand name which many times results in big fees. Check out this link to give you an idea on bank fees. Bank Fees.

Your internet connection problem with Chase.com could all be on your end/your Thai ISP.

Chase is a horrible-awful-ripoff bank. I had a free account with Washington Mutual then when Chase took em over they instituted fees and other higher charges -- I promptly closed the account. Living in Thailand your best bet is with Schwab for banking - reimbursed/no ATM fees, good exchange rate, no account fees, and excellent customer service. They are even fedex-ing my new atm card to me in Thailand for free.

For my US credit card I use Capital One Mastercard which has no foreign currency conversion fees like many other cards do. And the exchange rate is close to the daily rate. And it has a rewards program for airlines and other stuff. There is an annual fee of around $50 but I think it is very much worth it for all the foreign fees I save.

Get away from Chase!!!

Edited by calbts2

Chase is a horrible-awful-ripoff bank. I had a free account with Washington Mutual then when Chase took em over they instituted fees and other higher charges -- I promptly closed the account. Living in Thailand your best bet is with Schwab for banking - reimbursed/no ATM fees, good exchange rate, no account fees, and excellent customer service. They are even fedex-ing my new atm card to me in Thailand for free.

For my US credit card I use Capital One Mastercard which has no foreign currency conversion fees like many other cards do. And the exchange rate is close to the daily rate. And it has a rewards program for airlines and other stuff. There is an annual fee of around $50 but I think it is very much worth it for all the foreign fees I save.

Get away from Chase!!!

Concur regarding Schwab banking...and Cap One has an even better Mastercard than the one you mentioned. It's their No Hassle Cash Rewards Mastercard, earns 2%/1% cash back (2% in places like Lotus, Big C, Carrefour, grocery stories, fuel stations; 1% everywhere else), no annual fee, and no foreign transaction fee...I been using this card here in Thailand since January and just love it. Yeap, when it comes to banking, a person's current bank may not be that great all (maybe it's use to be, but not anymore). For any product/service, a person has to shop around and switch periodically to get the best deal/service. Preaching to the choir I know.

Yes I also get the option of cash back for my accumulated miles with my Capital One Card. My annual with the card fee is only $39.

The cash rewards card only gives cash back and no miles/rewards option.

Nevertheless, Capital One is the way to go for overseas use.

I have been banking with Chase formerly Bank One for over 10 years now. Six of these years remotely from here in Thailand. The online banking from here and anywhere I have logged in to it has always worked for me.

Wire transfers are pricey but I have zero issues with getting my cash here in a timely manner usually less than 15 hours and in one case less than 2 hours.

I am certainly not defending Chase and yes there are many other options out there. Banking online with Chase works for me and now living here in LOS it would be very difficult to get another bank without a trip back to the US.

So far any issues I have had with them have been resolved with a Skype call to my branch in Wisconsin. The branch folks are always helpful.

Sorry you have online issues but I think it is on you're end.

I have been banking with Chase formerly Bank One for over 10 years now. Six of these years remotely from here in Thailand. The online banking from here and anywhere I have logged in to it has always worked for me.

Wire transfers are pricey but I have zero issues with getting my cash here in a timely manner usually less than 15 hours and in one case less than 2 hours.

I am certainly not defending Chase and yes there are many other options out there. Banking online with Chase works for me and now living here in LOS it would be very difficult to get another bank without a trip back to the US.

So far any issues I have had with them have been resolved with a Skype call to my branch in Wisconsin. The branch folks are always helpful.

Sorry you have online issues but I think it is on you're end.

You could probably do an online signup with USAA Banking and within 15 minutes have a bank account with them with debit card/checks arriving with two weeks. You could immediately then apply online for one of their credit cards online. The USAA no annual fee debit card and Mastercard credit card have 1% foriegn transaction fees but this is significantly cheaper than Chase's 3% basic fee (and then Chase ususally throws in a separate $5 foreign transaction fee on top of the percentage fee....just like it's evil twin brother of Bank of America). USAA Banking provides free outgoing and incoming ACH transfers...money arrives in 2-3 business days...you could then stop paying Chase around $40 per wire transfer. The only address I used doing the sign-up was my APO address (for the home/physical and mailing addresses). Cheers.

Not sure why you are having difficulty logging on tbh, I use Chase for my cc (not banking tho) and have zero issues logging in.

Curious if you think its because you have a Thai IP? What browser are you using?

If you change computer (or even browser I believe) they will not accept your log in and require re-verification using email. Can be a real PIA. They also seem to be down for long periods on US weekends.

If you are not currently on our site, then please follow these steps to access your accounts:

1. Go to our site as you normally do.

2. Enter your User ID and Password into the fields on the page and click "Log On."

3. On the "Confirm Your Identity" page, please click the "Already have an Identification Code?" link.

4. Enter the Identification Code you received in this e-mail in the Identification Code field.

5. Enter your current password in the Current Password field.

6. Click "Next."

Thank you for being a valued customer.

Sincerely,

Online Banking Team