Kasikorn And Paypal

I have now been trying to set up an online payment system via paypal for months! I have to use paypal! My Thai bank acccount is a Kasikorn savings account. I have tried many things but cannot get my paypal account to verify my debit card details!

Can anyone please shed some light on what I may doing wrong or what I might not be doing?

Thanks in advance,

B.

Are you using your normal ATM card? If so that's why it is being rejected as normal Thai ATM cards will not work with Paypal or indeed will not work on the Internet.

Ask the Kasikorn to supply you with a K-WEB card, this card works on Paypal and you can also use it to purchase things on the net, book flights etc etc.

As darrendsd said you need the k-web shopping card for that

If you have k-bank cyber banking then you can apply for one in you cyber banking account

If you do not have cyber banking then apply for it at you local k-bank branch

the k-bank shopping card is a virtual credit card linked to your savings account

It is exactly the same as a real credit card you only do not receive the actual card (plastic)

If you apply for it online in you cyber banking account it will takes 48 hours to be activated

Use this card to verify your paypal account within a few days you will see an authorization from paypal with the code that is needed to verify your paypal account

When you have done this you can link your k-bank savings account to your paypal account and withdraw money from paypal to your k-bank account normally this will takes 5 working days. for withdraw amounts under 5000B there is a fee of 50B

hope this helps

Thank you very much for your help, I think I am now on the right track.

regards,

B

Bangkok Bank also do the cards that can be used online, it's called the B1ST card

Unlike Kasikorn you actually receive a card, as another poster said with Kasikorn it is just a virtual card.

As darrendsd said you need the k-web shopping card for that

If you have k-bank cyber banking then you can apply for one in you cyber banking account

If you do not have cyber banking then apply for it at you local k-bank branch

the k-bank shopping card is a virtual credit card linked to your savings account

It is exactly the same as a real credit card you only do not receive the actual card (plastic)

If you apply for it online in you cyber banking account it will takes 48 hours to be activated

Use this card to verify your paypal account within a few days you will see an authorization from paypal with the code that is needed to verify your paypal account

When you have done this you can link your k-bank savings account to your paypal account and withdraw money from paypal to your k-bank account normally this will takes 5 working days. for withdraw amounts under 5000B there is a fee of 50B

hope this helps

Spot on info there..Also take note there is a 500bht fee for the K-web service which is deducted yearly..;)

I am always having problems withdrawing money from Paypal to Kbank, every time it takes ages! Usually I have to call them after about one month and ask what happened, and after this call they suddenly find the 'lost' payment in the system, really annoying. Anyone else having problem with delays?

Are you using your normal ATM card? If so that's why it is being rejected as normal Thai ATM cards will not work with Paypal or indeed will not work on the Internet.

Ask the Kasikorn to supply you with a K-WEB card, this card works on Paypal and you can also use it to purchase things on the net, book flights etc etc.

Hi, the Wife and I set up a new savings account with Kasikorn a few weeks back as we moved to another area a couple months previously and wanted a change of bank,, requested at the Kasikorn bank for a card that would allow us online purchases for such things as flight tickets etc.. we were given what looks to me like an ATM Debit Card, saying Privilaged member on the front and Plus on the back,, the branch manager told us to activate the card for online purchases, we must first register it online with their bank, who will then issue a PIN number, after which you go to the ATM box service, enter this PIN number and thereafter the card can be used online... cannot say if this is correct as we have not yet tried any online transactions ,,