True Visions ! Ripping Off Our Deposit!

TheWizardofRnR

Well it may just be a mis-communication , but I'd like to know what really

will happen to my deposits.

I had installed an extra black box from UBC -True or whatever ....

for that we had to place down a 4000B deposit , which we were told we can

only get back , if and when we closed our account completely.

After our 2nd box wasn't needed , we asked to shut it off , we were told we

had to return the box and no deposit til we closed our account.....we heard recently

in the Phuket Gazette I think , that after you close your TRUE visions account it takes 45days to process

and refund your deposit. Anyone know if thats true?

My real reason though , for rantin' a bit at TRUE Visions, is recently when we moved to our new home and deli biz

here in Patong Beach , the girl at the office told us , we have to cancel our present account and re-install the

whole package we want now , which would also mean we would have to repay all installation fees and charges again.

Has anyone else out there , had any experience with this ridiculous business tactic?

The girl kept blaming Bangkok True , my wife told me upon returning. Pass the Baht !

post-35854-0-14712700-1307004635_thumb.j

Yes, True Visions is a joke. I went into the local True Visions office today to inquire about purchasing a PVR. The lady said that because I have two points and I am renting the receivers for these two points, if I purchase a PVR to replace one of the receivers I would no longer get a discount so I jwould pay for two full packages..... one for the rental receiver and one for the PVR. I asked why and she just said "don't know, just the way it is"...... unbelievable customer service.

If you move home and ask True to move your dish & box then they charge something like 3,000 baht. Else you can do it yourself for free, or if you don't know how to set up the dish then talk privately to the True engineer then he'll do it a lot cheaper. For sure you don't need to cancel an account to move home. I know plenty of folks who have had the equipment moved and account sent to new address.

We have never had a problem having deposits refunded when we cancelled accounts (although we never had a second box, so can't comment on deposit refund for second box.). Yes it does take some time to receive the cheque through the post, and don't forget it will take your bank some time to clear the cheque before it shows in your bank account.

True is a professional company and I doubt they will not refund a deposit as per the terms of the contract you signed.

If you move home and ask True to move your dish & box then they charge something like 3,000 baht. Else you can do it yourself for free, or if you don't know how to set up the dish then talk privately to the True engineer then he'll do it a lot cheaper. For sure you don't need to cancel an account to move home. I know plenty of folks who have had the equipment moved and account sent to new address.

We have never had a problem having deposits refunded when we cancelled accounts (although we never had a second box, so can't comment on deposit refund for second box.). Yes it does take some time to receive the cheque through the post, and don't forget it will take your bank some time to clear the cheque before it shows in your bank account.

True is a professional company and I doubt they will not refund a deposit as per the terms of the contract you signed.

Havent read it all yet but our move only cost us 1000B !

Wait a minute. Did'nt you write above ..

My real reason though , for rantin' a bit at TRUE Visions, is recently when we moved to our new home and deli bizhere in Patong Beach , the girl at the office told us , we have to cancel our present account and re-install the whole package we want now , which would also mean we would have to repay all installation fees and charges again.

Oh dear. First HomePro and now True Visions.

You seem to have a target painted on your forehead.

Should you really be opening a business?

Home pro was 10 days ago , TRUE was in January , I.m only opening a biz cause my friends want my food more regularly then just frozen line and picles ...after 25 years here doing food for others I have a great rep, Why Not !

He is the Wizard of rip offs n' ranting.

You saw I apologized for ranting, and you learned a new word , how sweet !

rock&roll ! there's 2 more for you !

Wait a minute. Did'nt you write above ..

My real reason though , for rantin' a bit at TRUE Visions, is recently when we moved to our new home and deli bizhere in Patong Beach , the girl at the office told us , we have to cancel our present account and re-install the whole package we want now , which would also mean we would have to repay all installation fees and charges again.

My complaint wasn't about the moving fee , it was I cannot get my black box re-installed by TRUE and they have a deposit for it , I can see a re-install charge but they say call BKK , you need to cancel wait for deposit and re-pay all-over....I dropped down to Silver , but I think drop alltogether , just go internet.BTW, my True Internet is great so far , not near as many bumps as TOT or the others tried.

Actually, i noticed two rip off threads in the forum by the same author and didn't even read the original post due to it's horrific grammar and i made a comment based on the username.

Edited by LivinginKata
flame removed

Did True tell this to you or your wife?

The receptionist/cashier at True Phuket City offices

Fine, so who did she tell this to, you or your wife?

Might an explanation be that you are changing names on the contract?

Actually, i noticed two rip off threads in the forum by the same author and didn't even read the original post due to it's horrific grammar and i made a comment based on the username.

and the comment on username was funny, and I fail to see the rip off in both topics :)

I think it was just a chance to post a pic to promote his Biz for free :) Both posts are about the Biz anyways ;)

I think it was just a chance to post a pic to promote his Biz for free :) Both posts are about the Biz anyways ;)

I can't believe I had to read 19 posts before someone mentioned that :blink:

He's complaining about True, and just to help us understand the probelem, he's been kind enough to post a picture of his business :lol:

Are the powers that be, on holiday or something? I've never seen such a clumsy effort for free advertising, last 1 hour before, let alone get left up for good!

I find True quite good to deal with. I particularly like their payment break options that you can do twice a year, if you go back to Europe for a couple of months, as I do every year.

I had the same run around from true visions when I left Chiang Mai. He said it would have to come from BKK and takes forever. I explained (lied) that I was leaving on a flight to somewhere never to return. I had my deposit within ten minutes...so there are some variables if you can get them off their asses...B)

Big Bill formerly from Rock Hard Ago-go.

Hi Bill.

Ah that Big Bill. Good bloke. When friends were visiting Big Bill could be persuaded with a vodka to pick a certain number so my friend could win the tittie tequila contest. Ah, the good old bad days.

Edited by Valentine