Motorbike Riding School

max005

Hello, i would like to learn to ride a clutch bike. Im not asking for much, just a big open space with a cheap bike to practice the basic of clutch control etc....I would also like to rent something like a d-tracker in the near future to do small road trip around the city.

When i first got here i rented a scooter for basic commuting (first time of my life with one) and i actually liked it, but after 30min-1h it get uncomfortable

Im already familiar with driving stick car and i heard it help when u first start on a gear bike. I also read a bit about riding and i wont need the very basic explanation.

Im also open to learn from a somebody who has time to spare and have a old/cheap motorbike.

Thanks.

Edit : If u have a cheap gear bike like a 125cc-150 or even a cheap 250...Im willing to rent it from you for half a day just to get the basic since i dont think i really need a teacher, just some time to do some start/stop/slow cornering etc...

Edited by max005

When I rented a small bike at Tony's big bike I enjoyed riding around the country and hills outside CM so much I asked Tony about training for bigger bikes.

I can ride with a clutch but only ever ridden smaller CC bikes so I felt I would need some guidance to start with bigger bikes safely.

He told me he has this facility to do training at this his shop. 17 Ratchamankha Rd. (Tel: 053207124), or PM 'Pikey' on here.

I found Tony very helpful and friendly.

Cheers

When I rented a small bike at Tony's big bike I enjoyed riding around the country and hills outside CM so much I asked Tony about training for bigger bikes.

I can ride with a clutch but only ever ridden smaller CC bikes so I felt I would need some guidance to start with bigger bikes safely.

He told me he has this facility to do training at this his shop. 17 Ratchamankha Rd. (Tel: 053207124), or PM 'Pikey' on here.

I found Tony very helpful and friendly.

Cheers

Indeed, we may be able to help. What I've done before is charged 300 baht for an hours tuition on a Honda Phantom and I pillion the "learner" over to the big overflow carpark at Central Airport Plaza and spend time on the basics of clutch control, slow speed manoeuvering and braking. Of course, it'd be nice if you subsequently rented a bike off us for a day or two ;)

Call by the shop sometime within the next 2 weeks if you are interested.

Cheers,

Pikey. (partner TBB)

I had never ridden a clutch bike before so I just started with a 750 cc chopper type thing. It's not that hard, but I did cheat by first Googling on how to ride a motorbike, how to break, etc.

Strangely enough so did I, a borrowed old Honda NV750. Rode it up and down a 70m soi a couple of times then off to the border the next day.

I am sure Pikey can sort Max out with something.