Marriage Visa 400K Deposit Proof

I understand the 400k deposit needed for a marriage extension and that it is neceessary to prove the balance on the date of application

Does the date have to be the same as the day you apply or can it one day earlier

I will apply in Chaing Mai and suggestions are to get to the office very early, not possible if you need to visit a bank the same day

For your first marriage extension the 400k baht must have been on deposit in a Thai bank for two months prior to application, three months for subsequent extensions. The confirmation letter from your bank and bankbook balance update should be as fresh as possible, within the past 1-2 days. The confirmation letter and bankbook balances must match. Have you asked CM immigration?

Edited by InterestedObserver

The requirement is two months per Police Order 777/2551 for all marriage extensions of stay; and that is currently what is being asked. Believe bank letters within a week are normally accepted if they match a current ATM slip or passbook update.

'I understand the 400k deposit needed for a marriage extension and that it is neceessary to prove the balance on the date of application'

I think you are talking about the letter issued by your bank and not the seasoning period. Am I right?

One year they specifically made me sign a piece of paper saying that i "Read and acknowledged that the bank balance is required to be in the bank 3 months prior to application"... (for the following year). I guess people had been moaning that they weren't aware of the 3 month requirement so were collecting these "proof" statements.

That was 2 or 3 years ago, so the rules may have changed since; as they seem to change on an annual basis.

Three months is the retirement requirement and some of us suspect was intended to be the marriage requirement also but this was not indicated in the police order. Some immigration offices also believed marriage should also be that and were asking three months but within the last year Bangkok seems to have told all that police order 777/2551 is correct (two months). When we get a new police order it will be interesting to see if that is changed.

as we are on the subject of marriage visa,s when my second one is due for renewal do i have to produce photo,s me/wife at our home ect.basically suplying all the same info as the first,which also means one trip to give in the forms then again 2months later to pick up you visa.

In my case it was to supply the same every year.

Photos , map, everything.

thought as much i wonder what they do with all the paper work ect.you would think they would look at our status and say married 20years he is not going anywhere save us time and him give him 5year visa 10,000bht.not a cat in hells chance.