Can i get a 90 day or 1 year visa?

Hi - I live in the UK but visit Bangkok every fortnight to see my girlfriend and to investigate expanding my SMS text-messaging services into Thailand. I do not work in Thailand so have no work permit, nor am I resident in Thailand.  But I rent an apartment in central Bangkok.

Every fortnight when I enter Thailand via the airport I get a 30 day tourist stamp in my passport. And 3 days later when I leave thailand this is cancelled. I then return 11 days later and go through the same process.

My question is - Since my passport is rapidly filling up with 30 day tourist stamps, can I apply for a visa for a longer period? (which type?)  And will Thai customs start to have a problem with my multiple entries to Thailand? I'm just a little concerned that they might ask me why I visit Thailand so often and stay for such a short time. (I have to say that my girlfriend is well worth so many visits!!)

Cheers

Simon

Prepare a letter describing that you are visiting Thailand for business research and a business setup later on here. Visit the Thai consul in Hull, UK. He will propably give you a multiple Business visa (NON-:o valid for one year with unlimited entries. This will give you 90 days allowance on each visit. It looks better.

If you have too many TR30's on arrival, it can be looked as suspect.

With a proper business visa you show that you are here on business research.

Forget the London embassy, they will only give you a Tourist visa, the smaller UK consulates, especially the Royal Thai Consulate in Hull, are very farang friendly.

Another option is to marry your fiancee and apply for a Non-Immigrant "O" multiple entry visa.