Cat Fish And Snot

Richb2004v2

I was sat in the car with the kids by an outdoor market today, waiting for the wife to buy some som-tam, when I saw a fish BBQ vendor fire a wad of snot onto the ground by his stall, wipe his nose on the back of his arm and then return to tend a cat fish on the grill :bah: . It was quite disgusting. After ten more minutes of staring out the window of the car my wife got back in to the car with bags of food, including a cat fish that she said was from the stall. From my groan she figured something was wrong so I told her. I also halfheartedly said that if we hadn't seen it we would not know and would have eaten it none the wiser. When we got home she put it directly in the bin and I ended up with chips & pasta. The cat fish would have been preferable.

Should I have kept quite?

I saaay, yes..... quite, old chap ;) Dashed indiscreet of you.

He didn't tend the grill with his arm, did he ?

What charms me is when people start mining their noses whilst talking to me, even maintaining eye contact sometimes.

Edited by Latindancer

If I was a long time suffering Thai wife living with that miserable git, I'd put a lot more than snot in his food.

" Ok Darkling, you saw the snot on the Catfish, but you still missed the shit, pizz and crushed glass I threw in the Pasta sauce " :D

Edited by MrsMills

Pre-McDonald days I worked in a burger/sandwich joint with 2 other teenagers. We were always amazed at the positive comments we got from food that had been accidentally dropped on the floor. When we prepared the week's worth of meatballs, invariably we'd serve up a game of catch with the raw material. Despite all our efforts, no one died (that we know of).

If you're disgusted by the actions of the cook, I'd suggest you not visit the restroom that he/she uses. Chances are, there's no toilet paper and no soap.

I've been to some nice restaurants in the country....but what goes on behind the kitchen door is often no different than what goes on with the street vendors......you just pay extra to not see it.

Pre-McDonald days I worked in a burger/sandwich joint with 2 other teenagers. We were always amazed at the positive comments we got from food that had been accidentally dropped on the floor. When we prepared the week's worth of meatballs, invariably we'd serve up a game of catch with the raw material. Despite all our efforts, no one died (that we know of).

If you're disgusted by the actions of the cook, I'd suggest you not visit the restroom that he/she uses. Chances are, there's no toilet paper and no soap.

I've been to some nice restaurants in the country....but what goes on behind the kitchen door is often no different than what goes on with the street vendors......you just pay extra to not see it.

For sure a risk we all take BUT if a guy does it in public, customers looking on, THEN there is NO hygiene from start to finish eh. :)

A galley utility onboard got observed leaving the toilet and on his way back to the galley, still wearing his gloves.

When asked about the gloves he smiled and said he had to use them due to the public health policy the company had implemented.

:-)

well, it wouldn't have happened in Switzerland.

i hate to point this out, but we ain't in Switzerland.

i would also suggest you have little to no restaurant experience.

Richb2004v2 will understand what you didn't...

well, it wouldn't have happened in Switzerland.

i hate to point this out, but we ain't in Switzerland.

i would also suggest you have little to no restaurant experience.

Richb2004v2 will understand what you didn't...

No worries he misses quite a bit.. He also habitually wastes his time reading and responding to posts and members who he deems an irritant anyways in stead of just ignoring them so what does tell you?

A non-event.

Eat the fish.

Many times I scratch my <deleted>, and then carry on boiling/frying what is in the pan. I cannot recall ever placing my fingers in the boiling pan of whatever is cooking.

Edited by cardholder

Gotta love these new arrival observations; they're always the same. :)

The title caught my eye though, I had visions of a cat fishing and snot being involved, sort of like "eats shoots and leaves". Oh well, better than cat and fish snot, or cat snot and fish.

If I was a long time suffering Thai wife living with that miserable git, I'd put a lot more than snot in his food.

:cheesy:

You might think its funny but its snot :)

Also, not so disgusting if you think about what catfish eat; nasty scum sucking bottom dwellers :bah:

Considering the slimy crap that Thai catfish live in, the cook's snot would be the last thing I'd worry about. Once it is cooked everything changes.

I had visions of his discarded boggies in what's poured on top the fish, the sauce :bah:.

Considering the slimy crap that Thai catfish live in, the cook's snot would be the last thing I'd worry about. Once it is cooked everything changes.

I had visions of his discarded boggies in what's poured on top the fish, the sauce :bah:.

You REALLY don't want to know what goes into a Thai fish sauce. :blink::lol: