Car Window Tinting

Quick question . . .

For a small car like March, Jazz, Yaris, what is a fair price for decent window tinting ?

Any one know a good shop in the Chiang Mai, Hang dong area ?

Thanks

Edited by metisdead
Font normalized, please use default forum font.

OP, can't answer your question about price but another important thing to consider

Overly tinted windows are illegal in most countries and in "safety consciously extreme" countries like those in Scandinavia, the police can even put a nice illegal to drive note on the windshield and the owner will have to tow the car from the spot, apart from a 5,000 bath penalty and new check-up of course

So why are the rules so hard? Safety of course

It didn't get less dangerous to use overly tinted windows in Thailand than in northern Europe only because the police here don't care

The legal limit for tint on car windows in Thailand is 20% if I remember right, can someone please confirm this figure

We are in the process of buying a new pickup (Toyota).

On the order form as a freebie they were going to put 60% tinting for a 4 door truck which is valued at 3,500 Baht.

I have changed that to 40% as I have 60% on our current truck for the last 4 years and want a lighter shade.

Popular amongst farangs around here is that mirror glass effect, personally I do'nt like it much.