Wife As Guarantor...

Repost:

So what is the verdict:

Can a wife support her husband on his O-visa extension?

If Yes, is the sum of her salary 40K/month (registered) enough? Or does it have to be higher?

And lastly: How much does Siam-Legal charge me for helping me with this when I need help? =)

TAWP,

I am hoping to put the law to the test and finally resolve this issue. But finding a Thai wife willing to support me is so far proving unsuccesful.  :o

Well, I have no problem with that. I only need to know if I should look for a lawyer to help us with the arrangements or if it isn't possible at all...extention-time is 6 months away so I have some time, but getting paperwork and tax-slips have to be done in time...

Slightly different but my visa is a dependant visa of my wife though she is not Thai but working on a work permit.

I had no problems getting my visa with the help of her company.

Im on Non O dependant visa.

Actually, i kinda like my status!!!! Shame im not really the kept husband i would like to be!

You are a different kettle of fish altogether EVO. It is not too unusual to find foreign guys in your position ( ie the foreign wife working )around the Kingdom. Enjoy it while it lasts. Immigration have a strong cultural resistance to the concept of a Thai wife keeping a foreign spouse.

TAWP.

I suggest you try to get somone living abroad to loan you 400K and go for a support thai wife visa if you wish to avoid visa runs (complication when you extend after 12 months but not insurmountable).

If the money is not practical, in my opinion you would be more likely to be succesful if you did not involve lawyers. And this is no reflection on the legal profession.

Go talk before submitting the application. Your Thai wife to do the talking. You may be lucky and encounter sympathetic immigration officer(s) who will be very flexible in their interpretation of discretion and allow the application to slip through. Maybe. But be prepared for disappointment.

If you are being assisted by a lawyer I think Imm. will instinctively apply the regulations as they are known and understood, or refer the application to the top,

either way the answer will be the same.

Good luck whatever you choose.

The application doesn't have any such checkbox, and neither does the acctual VISA contain any such info.

The application was ticket at 'Non-immigrant Visa'.

The passport contains a Non-'O' Visa (multi-entry).

The application doesn't have any such checkbox, and neither does the acctual VISA contain any such info.

The application was ticket at 'Non-immigrant Visa'.

The passport contains a Non-'O' Visa (multi-entry).

It is the same as a retirement visa. Non-Immigrant O category. The difference is at the time you extend for a year at a time. A spousal O has lighter financial requirements attached to it.

I have a non-'O' VISA now. Not sure what you refer to with 'support thai wife visa'.

Support Thai Wife is a reason for extension of stay - it is not a visa - you obtain the basic O visa to visit your wife (not for support of her). If in fact you do support her then you can apply for one year extension of stay from immigration.