Washing Of Stains Caused By Water

dafyduck

hello,

I bought an electrolux waching machine from home pro when i moved here 7 months ago and today for the first time i emptied the machine and i was surprised to see all my laundry with yellow stains !!!! this never hapened before here in phuket.I went to Home pro with some samples and they came over an hour later and checked the machine found nothing no rusty parts filter ok etc they gave it a water rinse at 90 degrees and asked me to try again and report back .I washed again my laundry and alas the result is the same, the dirt wont come off.We did discuss a water issue and they said it is advisable to instal a water filter ,what are your experienses here in phuket, is this the reason or is it something else since i never had to do that in Bangkok for 3 years or back home in switzerland.

Edited by dafyduck

Damned !!! this a big problem then.I ruined 2 T shirts 1 big towel 2 drying clothes 2 white bed cushion covers.Over a period of time i wont have anything left !! the only practical solution is to replace everything with sand color sheets towels shirts shorts etc. Africa Corps here i come.

Edited by dafyduck

i live in a new 8 FLR condo,cant access tank "must be huge" will discuss this with manager tomorrow, see what he says about cleaning every 6 months.This is a real nuissance.The problem is washing again does'nt remove the stains.The big towel is spotted all over,i can still use it to go to the beach.

Edited by dafyduck

Depends where you live and the depth of your well.

There is a huge tin content in the water here which discolours the the water and hence your whites, depending on your area (and it can be a couple of hundred metres and where the water is drawn from)

Try and filter it and it is a nightmare, the only real solution is to have a well drilled down to the clean water if you can afford it.

the manager this morning told me they just had the tank cleaned on the roof.From what i understand so far the most practical solution is a filter that works,i have to investigate at the usual places .My condo is right up the hill behind Surakul stadium 2 minutes from central mall called the Green places a new complex still in construction on a small rock mountain.this is a nuissance.

Homeworks sells a 3 piece water filter unit which guarantees water purity to drinking ware standard,its a plastic unit with 3 big filters to place on the floor cost 13000 baht.Filters to be replaced all depending on usage frequency,