Thai Women..honest?

sakaew

Now and again..there comes along a true story--a welcome change from the dramatic "she done me wrong"-- rubbish which convinces me miracles DO happen.

Living opposite me in Pattaya is a very decent, sensible English guy.

Last week, he rang his daughter in England, and instructed her to send 30,000 English pounds to his Thai bank account. Around 2 and a bit million baht.

The daughter found the account number near the phone--where my friend said it would be, and duly sent the boodle to his Thai bank.

After about 6 days, he got a bit nervous, and rang his daughter to ask why she hadn't sent the money

"Dad, I sent it the day you called", she said

Rigorous enquiries, interspersed with panic ..revealed that my friend had forgotten that, next to HIS account number..was the account number of a previous girlfriend, who works in a bar.

YES...you guessed it..the money went to HER account...2,000,000 lovely baht

He went to the bar to see her, explained what had happened...and...and...and

...she met him at the bank the next morning at 10.30..and transferred his money to his account.

We are in general, utterly convinced that bargirls are money hunger shitbags.

Well..think again

There is goodies..and there is baddies

Thai Women..honest?, or what??
depends on person ..what u said it seem you mean all TH girl are cheater ,sort of stereotype :D
revealed that my friend had forgotten that, next to HIS account number..was the account number of a previous girlfriend, who works in a bar.

interesting ...you friend called his daughter for send money , he told the"bank account" by "himself" .. who did wrong then?? :o:D

You find honest people where ever you go.

OTOH, ...he rang his daughter in England, and instructed her to send 30,000 English pounds to his Thai bank account....

A remittal requires a beneficiary's name and an account number. Let's assume the daughter knew her father's name, means beneficiary and account number did not match, the bank should hold the remittance.

I really want to believe this story.

heheh ..from the OP's avater .. ehh? :o:D

The Boy Who Cried Wolf

Me Too

Me Too

Me Too

Me Too

Me Too

Me Too

Me Too

Me Too

Me Too

Me Too

Me Too

Me Too

ME TOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOoooooooo! :o:D

Good point about the non-match of beneficiaries name and account number.

TIT

Makes yer really confident in the Thai banking system.

To the doubters, whose life map is based on cynicism and an unquenchable urge NOT to budge from a fixed position...I can understand your attitude.

A few years ago, I'd have been dubious too.

YES..he was a VERY relieved guy, when she showed up at the bank.

He was half expecting she would do a runner.

For the record..he flicked her 20,000 baht.

( His mate spake thus "You wuz mad to give her all that money--20,000 baht.

I'd have give her no more than 3,000."

Holy shit..is he a ###### or what?

The money was legally HERS.

My mate would have had zero claim to it, in all probability.

It takes all sorts...... )

I want to meet this rare creature..in ANY country, she is a remarkable , admirable HONEST woman.

So what about the income tax that the lady will incur for having 2,000,000 baht turn up in her account. Also what about the money laundering repercussions, obviously the bank will have alarmed the police/tax authorities that someone who normally makes 10-20,000 baht a month received 2,000,000 baht and that week withdrew it all.

a UK bank would not transfer that amount without an account name and a branch address, especially because of money laundering, terrorism funding etc... If I remember correctly you even have to state implicitly what the money is for.

Good point about the non-match of beneficiaries name and account number.

TIT

Makes yer really confident in the Thai banking system.

Doubt it. I couldn't transfer money before because the account number and the beneficiary's name didn't match. Our banking system is not that crappy. :o

PS. Nice story though..

Edited by LovelyCutie

So what about the income tax that the lady will incur for having 2,000,000 baht turn up in her account.  Also what about the money laundering repercussions, obviously the bank will have alarmed the police/tax authorities that someone who normally makes 10-20,000 baht a month received 2,000,000 baht and that week withdrew it all.

No repercussions whatsoever as far as I've seen. Once in awhile, you'll get a form letter from the bank saying (in Thai... I'd assume in English as well if you were designated as an English language account)...."you have received a wire transfer in the amount of x,xxx,xxx , if this amount is incorrect, please contact customer service." No follow up after that and certainly no follow up from any kind of authority. No idea when the money laundering flags kick in, but 10 million and under, nada.

:o

Sorry OP, I don't believe a word of it. I'm not saying you are a lier, maybe the very sensible English guy is full of <deleted>.

I bet there are a few in Pattaya.

When I first came to Thailand I lived in a very cheap Nontaburi apartment block. In the same place was a guy who won the Oz lottery - 10 million baht.

After a few months I realised that every f'ng word he said was a BS.

Don't believe a tenth of what you hear in Pattaya.

I have a rich Thai friend who gave her emerald ring to her hairdresser. I don't want to go into why, but a week later the hairdresser came to the house and gave it back.

This same friend lost a rolex watch on her soi and someone handed it in to a local shop.

Edited by Neeranam

Maybe the funds were transfered via Internet Banking thus no name would have been required? Just an a/c number and swift code would be required.

Eric, can you give online payment orders to your bank with that minimum of input? This is not a rhetorical question; I really would like to know

Besides, did that Brit give her daughter the necessary username, password, etc. to access his account (if indeed internet banking was used), with that much money in it?

Otherwise, if she had a power of attorney to sign for her father’s account, a name of beneficiary would certainly have been required.

To me, the story of the original poster, or rather the story he says he was told, does not ring true. A lot of these – real or alleged – hearsay stories do not add up.

Cant transfer that amount of money anonymously or to anonymous people, Don't think you ever could but you certainly can't now with all the anti-terrorism stipulations.

All online banking does is allow you to fill in the forms online, still goes through exactly the same banking process, thus an account name would be necessary.

Yeah, nice story but instant transfers into nameless numbered bank accounts works in the movies but nowhere else that I know of.

I'm certain the moral of the story is true, that not all girls in Pattaya are dishonest. Unfortunately thats the only part of this story that does ring true.

cv

I wonder why RDN hasn't closed th topic yet? Maybe been busy :D I thought it's forbidden to discuss TGs here.

:o Not allowed to talk about BAR girls - except fleetingly, i.e. in passing and not as the major subject of a thread and especially not in any derogatory way. Of course, tomorrow the rules may change. :D

Doesb't anyone else find these threads a bit 'off'?

I mean its not the first time someone has posted an example of a Thai person's honesty and I just don't follow the reason why?

To show that all Thai people are not all thieving cheating scumbags? If you think that your a <deleted> anyway.

So what, an honest Thai person, I meet them everyday.

Thai Women..honest?, or what??

depends on person ..what u said it seem you mean all TH girl are cheater ,sort of stereotype :D

revealed that my friend had forgotten that, next to HIS account number..was the account number of a previous girlfriend, who works in a bar.
interesting ...you friend called his daughter for send money , he told the"bank account" by "himself" .. who did wrong then?? :o:D

See Bambina thats what we think of Thai girls , is exactly what you said ! plhhh

I know not all thai girls are like that , but thats why they are stero typed like that

So what about the income tax that the lady will incur for having 2,000,000 baht turn up in her account.  Also what about the money laundering repercussions, obviously the bank will have alarmed the police/tax authorities that someone who normally makes 10-20,000 baht a month received 2,000,000 baht and that week withdrew it all.

No repercussions whatsoever as far as I've seen. Once in awhile, you'll get a form letter from the bank saying (in Thai... I'd assume in English as well if you were designated as an English language account)...."you have received a wire transfer in the amount of x,xxx,xxx , if this amount is incorrect, please contact customer service." No follow up after that and certainly no follow up from any kind of authority. No idea when the money laundering flags kick in, but 10 million and under, nada.

:D

Does anyone know when the money laundering flag is raised in Thailand? In the UK it is normal for most banks to query cash deposits of £10,000.00 or more.

My interest is pure curiosity naturally. :o

A friend of mine was queried when she tried to transfer $10k US fromher Thai account to her husband's Fin one. They thought she was money laundering - it may have been that the wally transfered it in less than a week before from a different foreign account. No problems on the transfer into LoS though (that was BKK Bank LoS side - don't know the Fin side).

I have been queried over cash deposits of just a few thousand before. Anoying when the balance is more than I'm depositing. I once put £50k sterling bank draught (from Barclays) into Nat West in the UK and they merely asked me about investing it for me (before you ask, it was for a house deposit, I wish I had that sort of money to transfer about normally!!!).

The law has changed recently in banks, for withdrawing £1k or more, a passport or similar proof of ID is required in addition to the normal bank card and cheque book - and a form has to be completed (by the bank staff) as to normal balance, use of funds etc! Tony Blair, big brothwer extradinaire!

I have dropped money before in bars and had them handed back to me in the street by BGs - and had them turn down a tip (but accept a thank you and a smile of course). :D

...and...My wife came all the way from the UK to see her old school friend that was ill in Bangkok. While she was visiting her, the 'friend' stole £300 in sterling out of my wife's purse. My wife caught her with her hand in the bag, but didn't check the money until she left the flat. The girl denied taking the money, but my wife had the money before entering and it was gone directly afterward. The purse was still in her bag and zipped back up (this was not a pickpocket).

The girl was not a BG. It was a supposed friend who had an office job. If she needed the money my wife probably would have given it to her - she decided to steal from her friend instead. A friend no more. By the way, the police wanted to arrest the girl and was talking about her getting 7 years for it - they interviewed her and were convinced she was lieing. My wife did not want this, so dropped the charges, came home and severed contact from the old school friend. :o

Doubt it. I couldn't transfer money before because the account number and the beneficiary's name didn't match. Our banking system is not that crappy. :o

PS. Nice story though..

:D really? ever applied for a mortgage lately......... after appilying for one 5 weeks back my friend is still waiting for an answer.This is after supplying the bank with all the financial info required and photos of his business, goodness knows why. :D a simple yes or no will do.

I just got my first mortgage & it took 8 weeks for them to confirm they would lend me the money, this is in the UK btw & I earn a high end 5 figure salary with a large international bank, have impeccable credit & am borrowing a lot less than I can afford. 5 weeks is nothing. :o

Yes, remember waiting at least 3 months for my mortgage to go through, first of all they 'offer' you the mortgage, then you have to accept and have all the surveyancing etc.. done

PHOTOS OF HIS BUSINESS, sorry missed that - he gets fast tracked to a 1 day mortgage and extra money for some photos of a business.