Damaged Passport

Am I doing the right thing?

Shortly before leaving for the UK my passport was damaged, even though the photo page is still visible and the re entry visa were visible, I was pulled up by immigration in Bangkok Airport and was told that I will need a new passport.

So now I am in the UK I am going to apply for a passport, thus the old one will be cancelled with the visa and extension, is this correct? The Immigration officer said that I will have to bring the old one back with me because of the visa.

With a new passport I will also have to apply for a Non immigrant visa at Hull to re-enter Thailand. Once back in Thailand I can apply for visa/extension based on marriage.

Am I correct, or am I way of the mark.

Many thanks

If you have a valid extension of stay and re-entry permit in your old passport and will return before it expires you just show that passport along with your new passport on arrival and get stamped in on the new passport (then have extension of stay information transferred). No new visa is required.

If you have a valid extension of stay and re-entry permit in your old passport and will return before it expires you just show that passport along with your new passport on arrival and get stamped in on the new passport (then have extension of stay information transferred). No new visa is required.

Thanks for the reply.

I phoned the Thai Consulate in Hull and they were not helpful, all I wanted was a telephone number for Thai Immigration so I can confirm this (looked on the website but the pages wouldn't load). They insisted that the Passport Agency would not return my passport and even if they did the passport would be cancelled and thus they visa/ extension and re entry visa would be cancelled and I will have to obtain a new visa. Following that call I phoned the Passport Agency said they would return the passport and then said much the same as you wrote Lopburi13.

Can anyone one offer any advice how I can get some confirmation on this situation?

Many thanks to Lopburi13 for the advice.

Lopburi gave you the correct answer. A forum search will show that is exactly what mebers in your position did.

More confirmation can only come from Thai immigration, they have a hotline: 1178. (also English speaking)