Brother Of Lopburi Bhum Jai Thai Party Candidate Gunned Down In Bangkok

webfact

CRIME ON KHAO SAN ROAD

Brother of Lop Buri candidate gunned down in Bangkok

A brother of a Bhum Jai Thai Party candidate for Lop Buri was gunned down in a broad day light in Chanasongkram district on Wednesday. Police believed the attack was politically motivated.

Subhan Jirapanwanich, 53, a chairman of Tambon Administration Organisation in Lop Buri was rushed to nearby Washirapayabaran Hospital, but he was later pronounced dead.

Police were alerted at about 2.45pm about the attack which took place near Lottery Bureau of Thailand on Khao Sarn road.

The victim's wife and secretary were also wounded.

His sister; Malikha, was competing for a parliamentary seat in Lop Buri under the banner of Bhum Jai Thai Party.

Some reports stated that Subhan had told some reporters that he was followed and could possibly be a target of assassination by local politicians.

nationlogo.jpg

-- The Nation 2011-06-16

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think the LAST thing you want to do is be near ANY Thai politicians in the next 3 weeks.

In an orbit, would be the safest place for 2 months. If you can't beat them kill them, come to think of it did something happen like this a few years ago on a massive scale???:whistling:

I think the LAST thing you want to do is be near ANY Thai politicians in the next 3 weeks.

In an orbit, would be the safest place for 2 months. If you can't beat them kill them, come to think of it did something happen like this a few years ago on a massive scale???:whistling:

Not good, considering that Lop Buri is the biggest military city in Thailand. A lot of these Politicians have high ranking officers whom are relatives in the military there. These guys that killed him and wounded the others would want to hope there are no relations in the military. me thinks the :hit-the-fan:

agree totally

Except Chuan Leek Pai, No rally campaign in Lampang, he visited the local markets, spoke to everyone, listened to everyone (PTP voters included), No visible security protection. My wife told me that a Thaksin addicted family before will vote for Chuan Leek Pai.

PRE-ELECTION VIOLENCE

Vote canvasser shot dead on Khao San Road

By The Nation

Bhum Jai Thai worker from Lop Buri slain by lone gunman; wife also injured

Increasing political violence in the run-up to the July 3 poll has seen another death - with a key canvasser working for the Bhum Jai Thai Party shot dead in Bangkok yesterday in broad daylight. Two women, including his wife, were wounded in the shooting.

Chana Songkhram police are looking for the lone gunman, who sprayed five shots at Suban Jiraphanwanich, his wife Oraphin and aide Chanutphorn Phothisamphan, after approaching them in the busy Khao San Road tourist area.

Three bullets hit Suban, chairman of the Lop Buri Provincial Administrative Organisation, in the head. The remaining two hit the women, wounding them slightly.

The gunman was seen fleeing on a waiting motorcycle. He is about 170 centimetres tall, and was unmasked but wearing a blue shirt with long sleeves and a pair of blue jeans. The getaway rider wore a black jacket, black slacks and full-face helmet.

Footage from security cameras obtained by police show a likely third assailant, acting as a scout who was following Suban immediately after he left his van and walked towards a clinic, before being shot. There are no details about this man's identity or clothing.

Suban was canvassing for Bhum Jai Thai candidates in all three key constituencies in the Central province, where Chart Thai Pattana and Pheu Thai MPs hold half the seats. Suban and his father Kamol had recently changed allegiance from Chart Thai Pattana to Bhum Jai Thai.

Mallika, a sister of Suban, is also running in Constituency 2 under the Bhum Jai Thai banner, against a heavyweight rival - Pheu Thai's Suchart Lai-namngern - but Bhum Jai Thai is not competing for Constituency 3 because it could not find a proper candidate.

Political pundits, reacting to Suban's death, agree that Bhum Jai Thai will face an uphill battle in the remaining days of the run-up, without Suban's help and connections. They refused to comment on who might be behind his killing.

Kamol, an 11-time MP under Chart Thai, an ally of Chart Thai Pattana Party, is expected to help with the Bhum Jai Thai campaign and that of his daughter Mallika.

In Bangkok, police are monitoring the situation in eight of the 33 constituencies where political campaigning by rival parties is intensive. A police-mediation seminar is planned to ask all candidates to employ positive and productive measures during their rallies and visits.

The head of the police centre handling security measures during the run-up, Pol General Phongsaphat Phongjaroen, said officers were discussing with political parties the replacing of vandalised election signboards with new ones, to prevent the public and the media from believing an excessive number of boards had been damaged.

There are now 352 candidates under police protection, usually by two officers at their request.

One in the deep South has a guard of 10 policemen. A force of 11,030 will be stationed at all poll booths in Bangkok.

nationlogo.jpg

-- The Nation 2011-06-17

Yellow shirts stepping up thier campain?

:blink:

Three bullets hit Suban, chairman of the Lop Buri Provincial Administrative Organisation, in the head..

Thought there'd be cops everywhere? Pretty strange location with all the backpackers around...............:jap:

Nah, if there is hate involved it is the Thaksin camp vs the Newin camp. They have held Newin in the same light as Prem. But they can actively disparage Newin more.

Once Newin cost them access to the trough he was persona non grata. Now with him actively working against their success, even more so.

One has to wonder ;

Why the family was at Kao San Road at that time?

And why someone would know they were to be there?

Edited by animatic

Except Chuan Leek Pai, No rally campaign in Lampang, he visited the local markets, spoke to everyone, listened to everyone (PTP voters included), No visible security protection. My wife told me that a Thaksin addicted family before will vote for Chuan Leek Pai.

Chaun was the best PM this country has seen in my 24 years here. I may be crazy, but I believe that he is an honest man.....

This is uncanny. I will have the good fortune of being on biz travel outside of Thailand in the immediate runup to the elections, on election day itself and for a few days after the election. When Swampy was closed, same thing. During the riots in April/May last year, again same thing. Wasn't planned that way, but that's the way it worked out. Best wishes to all of you who will remain in LOS during these turbulent times, keep a low profile and stay safe.

A brother of a Bhum Jai Thai Party candidate for Lop Buri was gunned down in a broad day light in Chanasongkram district on Wednesday. Police believed the attack was politically motivated.

Seeking an expert opinion, one reporter contacted the police at the regional headquarters in Surat Thani, who, without bothering to investigate, emphatically concluded that he died by drowning.

Edited by cup-O-coffee

Nah, if there is hate involved it is the Thaksin camp vs the Newin camp. They have held Newin in the same light as Prem. But they can actively disparage Newin more.

Once Newin cost them access to the trough he was persona non grata. Now with him actively working against their success, even more so.

One has to wonder ;

Why the family was at Kao San Road at that time?

And why someone would know they were to be there?

Perhaps your last sentence answers your question, who would know they were there, Bangkok with their so called high profile protection of candidates etc, but I guess your all sure that it had something to do with the red shirts, try thinking out of the box sometimes, no party is clean.