Why Is Thai Airways Such A Bad Airline?

ExpatJ

Im a gold member royal orchid frequent flyer with Thai airways- and my conclusion is Thai airways sucks big time, especially compared to other regional airlines (Singapore, Cathay, Emirates).

The planes are mostly old with no in flight entertainment systems even in business class and small cramped seats.

And the average age of thai airways hostesses is amongst the oldest in the world- i literally have hostesses who look similar to my mother serving me (and im 40 yr old) and even more annoyingly they put these old hostesses in business class while the young cute ones get economy - so we pay business class tickets yet the passengers in economy get the hot hostesses- <deleted> is that??!! And don't tell me the service is better from the more 'experienced' older hostesses because how many years experience do you need to master pouring a cup of coffee and placing it in front of someone?

Plus in order to get to your plane 9 times out of 10 you have to take a bus from the terminal to the plane (and vice versa when landing in Bangkok)- holy mother of g-d, its Thai airways home airport base, why do they have the worst landing spots far away from the terminal!!!???

Did i mention the old hostesses?

Edited by ExpatJ

It is sad at your age you till allow your mother to serve you..it should be the other way round for a filifl son...

BTW if you wants cute and young girls to serve you visit the bars, KTV and massage parlours....

It is sad at your age you till allow your mother to serve you..it should be the other way round for a filifl son...

BTW if you wants cute and young girls to serve you visit the bars, KTV and massage parlours....

You misunderstand me- i certainly do NOT want my mother serving me, or in fact other peoples mothers (or grandmothers) serving me, as is the case on Thai airways flights.

Edited by ExpatJ

Sometimes have to take the bus, no flight entertainment system and old hostesses, it sounds a bit spoiled doesn't it to judge an airline just on these childish criteria.

What other criteria do you use to distinguish between airlines? Surely facilities/quality of equipment and convenience are critical to the whole airline product??

What else?

Timeliness? Sure, but most airlines are on time these days. Price? Sure,but thai costs abit more than others i would say which makes it even worse!

Edited by ExpatJ

I have no idea which route you fly but it can't be the same as me. OK economy class entertainment is not flash on some aircraft but I have had no worries with the A330 to Perth or B777 to BNE in both economy or business. As for old, overweight, rude,lazy etc. hostesses --- flown QANTAS lately? They fill all classes because they can't be fired. :ph34r:

Edited by bdenner

You misunderstand me- i certainly do NOT want my mother serving me, or in fact other peoples mothers (or grandmothers) serving me, as is the case on Thai airways flights.

HEY MY GRANNY IS A STEW WHAT YOU PROBLEM ?

HEY MY GRANNY IS A STEW WHAT YOU PROBLEM ?

I am sure she is one of the pretty ones na krap :jap:

I use proper 'legend' airlines like Emirates, Singapore, Etihad and Cathay.

I feel sorry for those of you that think Thai is in anyway a good airline. Try a proper airline and the difference is astounding.

Some friends tell me that they fly Thai because the Thailand holiday experience starts when you get on the plane! bah.gif

If you want to know old ugly hosties (and with attitude) try flying Qantas or BA. Thai is an absolute dream compared to those two.

Because their 'rights' are Union protected. The airlines have to keep employing these altitude skywaiters because they can't break the badly constructed contracts.

whistling.gif

I feel sorry for those of you that think Thai is in anyway a good airline. Try a proper airline and the difference is astounding.

Some friends tell me that they fly Thai because the Thailand holiday experience starts when you get on the plane! bah.gif

There speaks a voice of inexperience The Etihad and Emirates (except A380) experience in economy is terrible, and on Emirates the business experience is so hit and miss I don't bother with them any more. I really don't understand the bashing of Thai, look at Skytrax and read the reviews on there see what others think. yes some of Thais fleet is getting a little old and no they don't match SQ or CX but there are far worse out there. I really hope you are not an American because don't get me started on American airlines.

Edited by RabC

There speaks a voice of inexperience The Etihad and Emirates (except A380) experience in economy is terrible, and on Emirates the business experience is so hit and miss I don't bother with them any more. I really don't understand the bashing of Thai, look at Skytrax and read the reviews on there see what others think. yes some of Thais fleet is getting a little old and no they don't match SQ or CX but there are far worse out there. I really hope you are not an American because don't get me started on American airlines.

Inexperienced flyer? Hmm I have been flying very regularly for more than 30 years. I fly (long haul only) in Business class, and I have never had a negative experience (so far). I am a British Citizen. I have no experience of US airlines.

I think some of the Thai flights are using old planes an old hostesses. But personally I have only good experiences with Thai Airways.

My last trip from Bangkok to L.A on Economy class was just great. They are using new Boeing 777 and great service and food.

If you want to know old ugly hosties (and with attitude) try flying Qantas or BA. Thai is an absolute dream compared to those two.

Because their 'rights' are Union protected. The airlines have to keep employing these altitude skywaiters because they can't break the badly constructed contracts.

whistling.gif

Positively spring chickens compared to Finnair, most of their flight attendants use the trolleys as zimmer frames, on the rare occasions they actually decide to feed the unfortunate occupants that is.

I need to go to the UK and Thai were asking around 53,000 per person, the company I work with

got prices of 35,000baht, and this is flying this Tuesday. However, I still prefer Qatar, Eva or Egypt for prices. Also Etihad hava a deal running for around 27,000per person, but am on a waiting list for that.

There will be inflight entertainment on the LHR run in economy before very long. They are refitting their planes.

I've never had any trouble on their planes (I was gold, now silver), but I find dealing with ROP in London to be hit and miss. Sometimes you get someone who goes out of their way and other times you get a bare faced liar who would rather lie to you than lift a finger.

I need to go to the UK and Thai were asking around 53,000 per person, the company I work with

got prices of 35,000baht, and this is flying this Tuesday. However, I still prefer Qatar, Eva or Egypt for prices. Also Etihad hava a deal running for around 27,000per person, but am on a waiting list for that.

Beano, my friend who is visiting me soon, got a return flight with Emirates for a bit less than £500 inclusive. The flight deals are better in UK than Thailand, and it is possible to get a BKK/LHR/BKK ticket from some UK agents. I use Southall Travel based in Hounslow.

For some reason this has always put me off flying Etihad.

post-104371-0-96507300-1308317769_thumb.

Complaining about the age of the flight attendants is worse that the usual complaints about booking/flying on Air Asia.

But it does prove you can't please some of the people any of the time.

For some reason this has always put me off flying Etihad.

Except that no Etihad staff were on board when that happened:

"French authorities have launched an investigation into a crash involving an Airbus plane due to be delivered to the United Arab Emirates carrier.

Etihad Airways said none of its staff were involved when the A340-600 crashed into a barrier at Toulouse airport, injuring five people on board.

A spokesman for the airline said those hurt belonged to a firm contracted to test the plane before delivery.

None of them suffered severe injuries. The cause of the crash remains unclear.

The aircraft was scheduled to be delivered next week to Etihad Airways’ Abu Dhabi base, the airline said.

Source: BBC News"

There will be inflight entertainment on the LHR run in economy before very long. They are refitting their planes.

I've never had any trouble on their planes (I was gold, now silver), but I find dealing with ROP in London to be hit and miss. Sometimes you get someone who goes out of their way and other times you get a bare faced liar who would rather lie to you than lift a finger.

Sadly ,I would agree with this opinion .Lots of their helpful staff have now retired.

are you kidding me??:o thai airways is an absolute gem of an airline when it comes to service and the ladies are so preeeety :rolleyes: try flying air canada ,last time i had 2 different ladies serving me in business class , they must of been all of 65 :whistling: