What's The City

Neeranam

• Replies 6.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

oooops, didn't know that was the idea of the game, it was my first post!

post-48222-1196948927_thumb.jpg

I hope this is suitable. If not i'll post another.

"Here is a new game called 'What's the City?"

All you do is post a photo of a city or a famous landmark in the city."

I'm not sure....

LaoPo

No visible landmarks unless the building around which all the cars are parked is some sort of famous local pub or hotel,body of water to the right? More info please Nidge.We're all a bit lost here.Can we add a 24 hour clause? If info/picture is not updated it goes to someone else? Just a thought.

Edited by Momo8

No visible landmarks unless the building around which all the cars are parked is some sort of famous local pub or hotel,body of water to the right? More info please Nidge.We're all a bit lost here.Can we add a 24 hour clause? If info/picture is not updated it goes to someone else? Just a thought.

I agree; however it seems that something happened in that picture/landscape; the footpath kind of disappeared if you look closer (there are some people standing..watching). It looks like a landslide or something.

But nevertheless I don't think it fits in 'What's the City'.

LaoPo

It is a very old fortification - probably early iron age on the top of what I take to be an English hill.

I'm not sure why an earlier poster states that it is Long Mynd in Shropshire, I can't match it but perhaps he knows something we don't.

I do know that around Shropshire there are signs of earlier fortifications.

Given unlimited time and a dedicated site to British iron-age fortifications, it could be done - but not by this bloke..... :o

Ok guys, sorry it's so difficult. It's in the UK but not Shropshire.

the landmark is the scar and valley going left to right across the screen and is very well known, (or should be)!

It's not a fortification.

another clue...

The story goes that the devil tried to dig a ditch from the sea to flood the christian villages on the other side of the hills. He was disturbed by an old woman that heard him digging. He saw her candlelight and thought it was the sun rising. (and we accuse the thais of too much superstition!)