What's The City

Neeranam

• Replies 6.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I worked out it was in the pass leading to the Mt Blanc tunnel.

However, a search on GE showed there are scores of villages along that route with no real way of pinning it down with just that one building to go by.

This is part of what we are up against:

post-18822-1220936091_thumb.jpg

^ Moi, uncle ken?

Neva!

Aosta in the Valle d'Aosta?

A mountainous Region in north-western Italy.

Nearly correct, however I did mention in an earlier clue that it was not the Epynonymous name of the valley in question.

The clues indicate that it is somewhere close to Mt Blanc.

I suspect RR is correct but until the Klown comes on line it isn't easy to confirm, unless of course one of Kayo's girlfriends wants to spill the beans.... :D

Correct.

Sarre?

Correct!!! :D :D :o

Edited by kayo

Arusha

I'm guessing the film would be that John Wayne, baby elephant walk thing - Hatari?

Just to confirm, correct on both counts. You are also correct in that the outdoor scenes were shot in Moshi and the baby elephant walk was in the Arusha Hotel.

just in only THai ..ehhh? :o:D

/edit @ neer yes the avater works

petra%20shot%20040920A.jpg

What's The City!!

I know this is long time after this was posted, but the structure is the Treasury in Petras, Jordan. Anyone who saw Indiana Jones in the Raiders of the Lost Ark saw this towards the end of the movie when Jones and company rode horses down the canyon and into the structure. In the movie, the interior was a vast system of rooms, booby traps, and passageways. In reality, you can't enter more than 3 or 4 meters past the entrance, and the rooms go back only another couple meters past that.

^^ Bonobo, I thought I recognised it, as if I'd been there. Of course, I've only ever seen it in the film. Nice one, mate.

OC, That's a baseball diamond. The obvious answer would be the US, however it isn't. I doubt you'd post the obvious.

Japan?