What's The City

Neeranam

Boksida, They did have film cameras when you traveled didn't they, or are you that old of a fossil? :D Of all my filmed photos I have digitized them onto my 'photo' hard drive with the aide of what we today call a 'scanner'.... :D Great to post on my blog or share with friends.

I did have a camera sometimes but the flash powder and plates were bulky to carry. Quite humid in the tropics and I often had trouble getting it to work, to say nothing of pesky bearers selling the plates for the silver content.

Leung Ken has come closest on the guesses so far as the photo was taken in a country contiguous with Thailand.

Wow, you're much younger than I expected. I was thinking that maybe you used pewter plates with bitumen.... :o

For your information, I do have a 'scanner', as you call it. She has been most helpful sorting through my snaps and selecting the best ones for my album.

• Replies 6.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Well with either Istanbul or Uskudar to choose from I will decline the choice as I am still in a mild case of shock. You see I cannot explain what it was that when I first saw that image, I said to myself "that's the Bosporus" I have never been there and no little more about the area apart from what little I learnt about the it's strategic position (certainly in the "Great War"). So I'm off to buy a "Ticket in Tatts" (that's a lottery ticket for unenlightened) as I reckon I'm hot at the moment.

Somebody satisfy the poster and take my turn please.

Bonifacio?

Are you going to own up Crocs ? Or would you like me to dob you in ??

:D:o

What? I posted the same place a few months ago? :D

Well he didn't really find the last one!

<deleted> :D

Could somebody fill me in please... There's more going on here than meets the eye.

Kayo - apparently you left the name of the town on the file and Ken is suggesting that's how I found it.

However, I actually recognised the place because I had posted the same place in the past. :o

Have another go and take the name off it this time. :D

Hey Kayo

Don't believe a word he says (Check out the tears he's crying on his avatar) and would you swim in a creek with a creature that has a smile like that ?.. :D . :D . :D .

and if he hadn't of guessed it I would have done the sneaky thing and checked out why your picture had the title post-a64027-view-bonif.jpg

Cheers mate, better do like the large thick skinned amphibious tropical saurian says and post again.

P.S Thank God I wont be swimming in any W.A. waters for a while.... :o

Hey Kayo

Don't believe a word he says (Check out the tears he's crying on his avatar) and would you swim in a creek with a creature that has a smile like that ?.. :D . :D . :D .

and if he hadn't of guessed it I would have done the sneaky thing and checked out why your picture had the title post-a64027-view-bonif.jpg

Cheers mate, better do like the large thick skinned amphibious tropical saurian says and post again.

P.S Thank God I wont be swimming in any W.A. waters for a while.... :o

Crocs have been known to leave the water Ken! Beware.

post-18822-1220676194_thumb.jpg

:D:(

<deleted>! Silly me... I haven't been here (farang Pub) for ages - must be a year since I last posted on these threads.

I forfeit my go (for now). Crockers, all yours mate.

edit: Ooh!

Wait.. here's a challenger: (technically a village - but quite famous)

post-12676-1220694081_thumb.jpg

Edited by kayo

Alright, Crocks, you're closest so far ( i posted this pic in 47 also, but conveniently didn't mention where it was.

Having done some research, the nation it is in - ITALY - considers the place a City (though it is effectively a village)

a further clue: it is in the valley that leads to a major mountain pass in the Alps, though it is not the epynonymous city of that valley.

I'll get some more (self taken) photos this afternoon, if my GF can figure out how to send photos.