Casa Pascal Breakfast/Brunch

koiwaolao

Personally, I much rather drink the sugar water than pay 100 baht for a coke or pay 200 baht for the buffet with one drink. Often, these sort of places avoid having any sort of liquid so you have to buy the over-priced drinks. :huh:

Edited by Ulysses G.

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I found myself in Pattaya the other week and had there breaky/Brunch and found it great value ok so the orange is not great but the rest IS and at 165bt must be one of the best value place's there. Now if you want realy bad value go to G.....s kitchen dont know if I can put full name in on 2 rd. Ok not to bad orange and bacon, plastic bread, sausage that tasted of bread, egg's fried under cooked a few bean's fried potato's tom's. On the + side you do get a few fly's for free. And all for JUST 195bt EEEEEEEK. I know where I shall be going next time I find myself in Pattaya.

Edited by fredob43

You totally don't get my point. Not to mention you sound like an elitist which is your right to be but it rubs me the wrong way, this isn't Monte Carlo, you know. I bet they would make more money on their entire buffet operation if they priced the special OJ more friendly. Don't know if they have it now on their a la carte menu or not but I can assure you not many 165 buffet customers are buying ANY extra drinks at 100 baht or plus when there is "free" included coffee, sugar water, and water. So right now I bet they are making almost nothing on overpriced special juice if it is on the menu. So if they priced it well, they may potentially even sell half the house, and make something on volume. Especially as they could promote the hell out of it with signs by the sugar water and on each table. Sure they don't have to. But what kind of business attitude is that, only do what you have to? The fact is the sugar water is the one really poor point on the package, and I have suggested a way they can fix that, make more money than they are making now, and build good will and even happier customers. Sure, I don't know the exact price point for that given their costs and portion, 40, 50, or 60 baht, but it definitely isn't 150 baht.

I don't know why you are wasting your energy. Perhaps it is you who isn't getting it. It isn't a 50 baht orange juice kind of place. Whether you think it is elitist is up to you. If you think yours is such a good idea, you can tell them. Pascal's wife runs the buffet so you can speak to her about it.

Quite frankly I don't care for their orange liquid, so I don't drink it. There is enough choice for me not to be concerned. I can get my OJ from the street guys afterwards. If you think they are going to sell a mass of 50 baht orange juice, you should think again. If they put the price up to 200 baht, you'll price some of your other customers out of it.

Then we'll have someone else complaining.

It's not that I don't agree with you. I can afford the extra price and would appreciate quality juice, but there are probably more that would happily stick at 165 baht and not let the orange liquid spoil their day.

I have been there many times but stopped going. I love Pasquell and wife but they are not minding the store. most of the items are not filled up and you have to wait, sometimes till your ready to leave before its done. I rarely get the lasagna, it is always out and we are told its coming, most of the time it doesnt come. The sausages used to be great but they were changed. OJ and coffee and bread really good but half of the toaster doesn't work correctly. My eggs keep coming out greasy [sholuld be cooked on an outdoor grill] and I like my bacon well done which I can never get there.

Its a terrific deal but they must mind the store and they dont.

If they fix the problems I will be back, great place, great price, great idea, great service, but many problems with the food

And I did drink the OJ and I am alive to tell the tale! How this thread has developed into slandering the Orange juice/drink.liquid etcetc is beyond me! Does one go for breakfast to sample high quality orange juice? Me think not, what counts is the food, the price and at best the coffee/tea. BTW, CP also have quite drinkable grapefruit...whatever. And as mentioned before, water, milk etcetc. Next thing somebody is going to complain the price of beer with breakfast!

I repeat, what makes the place unique is the many delicacies I can sample there such as hering, smoked fish, muesli and last but not least the absolutely fantastic croissants. If I treat myself to simular anywhere else, including supermarkets, I would pay a manyfold of Baht 165. Alone the croissant, homebaked melt in your mouth stuff, the closest you can get at French bakeries etc will already set you back for up to 25 baht each. The same you will not even find!

Thats my final 2 pence on the subject and I leave the building so the forensics of the orange juice can continue :rolleyes:

CP also have quite drinkable grapefruit...whatever.

Grapefruit? If only........

I dream of grapefruit juice.

It's the same watery pineapple one gets everywhere here. My brain keeps expecting it to taste sharp like grapefruit, and it never does. :crying:

No, at Casa Pascal I just drink coffee, tea and water and am happy with that for the price.

most of the items are not filled up and you have to wait, sometimes till your ready to leave before its done. I rarely get the lasagna, it is always out and we are told its coming, most of the time it doesnt come. The sausages used to be great but they were changed. OJ and coffee and bread really good but half of the toaster doesn't work correctly. My eggs keep coming out greasy [sholuld be cooked on an outdoor grill] and I like my bacon well done which I can never get there.

Never noticed any of those problems at all.

Dont eat sausages or eggs though.

Never had to wait more than a few minutes for empty dishes to be replaced.

You wouldnt happen to be the miserable old American who was there a couple of Sundays ago, would you? He was bitching and moaning about the slow staff and his missing fried eggs, and all the while the small child with him was playing some handheld game at high volume. I leaned over and politely asked the old git to tell the child to turn the volume down or go outside; he nearly had a fit! I was laughing for hours about him.

I have been there many times but stopped going. I love Pasquell and wife but they are not minding the store. most of the items are not filled up and you have to wait, sometimes till your ready to leave before its done. I rarely get the lasagna, it is always out and we are told its coming, most of the time it doesnt come. The sausages used to be great but they were changed. OJ and coffee and bread really good but half of the toaster doesn't work correctly. My eggs keep coming out greasy [sholuld be cooked on an outdoor grill] and I like my bacon well done which I can never get there.

Its a terrific deal but they must mind the store and they dont.

If they fix the problems I will be back, great place, great price, great idea, great service, but many problems with the food

It all comes down to the price really. It sounds too cheap really. 6 dollars doesnt go far even in Thailand these days. It almost sounds like it is unprofitable at those rates.

most of the items are not filled up and you have to wait, sometimes till your ready to leave before its done. I rarely get the lasagna, it is always out and we are told its coming, most of the time it doesnt come. The sausages used to be great but they were changed. OJ and coffee and bread really good but half of the toaster doesn't work correctly. My eggs keep coming out greasy [sholuld be cooked on an outdoor grill] and I like my bacon well done which I can never get there.

Never noticed any of those problems at all.

Dont eat sausages or eggs though.

Never had to wait more than a few minutes for empty dishes to be replaced.

You wouldnt happen to be the miserable old American who was there a couple of Sundays ago, would you? He was bitching and moaning about the slow staff and his missing fried eggs, and all the while the small child with him was playing some handheld game at high volume. I leaned over and politely asked the old git to tell the child to turn the volume down or go outside; he nearly had a fit! I was laughing for hours about him.

nope the one youngsters i go out with are at least 18. I never complain, i just dont go back. a shame though, it started out so good

6 dollars doesnt go far even in Thailand these days. It almost sounds like it is unprofitable at those rates.

I've seen some people go there and eat very little. Not everyone spends half the day there (not even me!).

Plus it's probably better for them to be open and not make a huge profit than to be empty or closed. And presumably it attracts people to come back for other more expensive meals.

And I did drink the OJ and I am alive to tell the tale! How this thread has developed into slandering the Orange juice/drink.liquid etcetc is beyond me! Does one go for breakfast to sample high quality orange juice? Me think not, what counts is the food, the price and at best the coffee/tea. BTW, CP also have quite drinkable grapefruit...whatever. And as mentioned before, water, milk etcetc. Next thing somebody is going to complain the price of beer with breakfast!

I repeat, what makes the place unique is the many delicacies I can sample there such as hering, smoked fish, muesli and last but not least the absolutely fantastic croissants. If I treat myself to simular anywhere else, including supermarkets, I would pay a manyfold of Baht 165. Alone the croissant, homebaked melt in your mouth stuff, the closest you can get at French bakeries etc will already set you back for up to 25 baht each. The same you will not even find!

Thats my final 2 pence on the subject and I leave the building so the forensics of the orange juice can continue :rolleyes:

It's a brunch, (breakfast and lunch from 0800 to 1400) and I regularly have beer with my lunch

One time I went there, I asked the Grill Cook if I could have grilled tomatoes with my breakfast. He said that he didn't have any....then promptly dived into the kitchen and emerged with some beef tomatoes for me.

Before I left I made sure he had a little cash in hand. Breakfast cooked to order and a range of ingredients of a decent quality, including dessert for 165 baht?!? Where is the problem? The only words coming out of my mouth at the end is "thank you very much". :)

The staff are perfectly capable. Work with them. Treat them nicely and they'll go out of their way to help you. Can't believe people are complaining.

I have only been to the buffet twice and I thought it great value for B165. The above complaints would be valid if you were paying B600. If you dont like the orange juice dont drink it! They didn't have the yogurt that I like but I'm not starting a campaign to get different yogurt. One complainer isn't going back because they charged him 100 bhat for a coke. Definetly too much but why didn't he ask the price before ordering? Both times I was there the other diners seemed pretty decent. I just hope the t-shirt and shorts wearing bottom feeders from the Apex and Lek dont discover the place.

I just hope the t-shirt and shorts wearing bottom feeders from the Apex and Lek dont discover the place.

Oh dear. I wear shorts and a t-shirt. But I dont frequent the Apex or Lek. Does that let me off the hook?

I just hope the t-shirt and shorts wearing bottom feeders from the Apex and Lek dont discover the place.

Oh dear. I wear shorts and a t-shirt. But I dont frequent the Apex or Lek. Does that let me off the hook?

Well even if you wear shorts/t-shirt but not a bottom feeder then you should be ok! Actually I wear shorts/t-shirts too and even occasionally go to the Apex for the evening buffet.

That is the Pattaya uniform isn't it?

Perfect attire for the prevailing weather conditions. B)

I haven't been to Pattaya in a year, but I use to eat brunch at the Apex, and for 110 Baht it was fine. The last time I was there, they had done away with the crescents, although the orange juice was good. Never been to the Lek, or CP'S, and lived in Pattaya for five years.

Barry

I haven't been to Pattaya in a year, but I use to eat brunch at the Apex, and for 110 Baht it was fine. The last time I was there, they had done away with the crescents, although the orange juice was good. Never been to the Lek, or CP'S, and lived in Pattaya for five years.

Barry

:whistling:What are crescents??:unsure:

Barry

I think it's American for freedom butter rolls?

Barry

I think it's American for freedom butter rolls?

Are they for use with Freedom Fries?

I wholeheartedly agree with Mr. Angry above. How dare they have the audacity to serve beer with breakfast? It's the thin end of the wedge don't you know. Whatever next? Allowing some neanderthal to order a Bloody Mary after 6.00pm? White wine with steak? If I were you Mr. (or Ms) koiwaolao, I'd suggest you take a saunter down to this den of iniquity masquerading as a fine dining restaurant, slam your umbrella on the floor a few times to attract the attention of this Pascal fellow and give him a piece of your mind.

Incidentally, for anyone who's interested, it's 150 Baht for a small Heineken which I thought was bit pricey. It's a comment, not a complaint and I still frequent the place regularly - I just don't have a beer with my brunch any more.

Edited by Rimmer
Sarcastic and inflammatory