Koh Chang To Bangkok Question

Razzler1973

Will be visiting Koh Chang with the girlfriend late July, I usually get the bus/boat combo from Ekamai but I am not a fan of the 'return ticket' (not even sure they do that from Ekamai).

Just wondering for the return leg if you just hop on the boat back to Laem Ngop can you book a bus ticket there or do you need to Songthaew it back into

Trat town like the old days and get the bus there?

I think previously I have booked the return ticket on the island itself but seem to remember a bit too much hanging about although the bus did go to

Ekamai so it probably was a 'proper' bus rather than some ropey KSR service :/

Buy a one-way ticket to Koh Chang @ Ekamai. For your return to Bangkok, buy a minivan ticket for Baht 300 @ the Koh Chang pier when you're leaving Koh Chang. There will be a few touts around advertising their minivan service. After arriving @ Laem Ngop, show your ticket to people there and you'll be directed to a minivan which will drop you off @ one of 3 places:

1. The expressway near the airport where you can catch a taxi to Swampy if that's your final destination.

2. Victory Monument.

3. Mo Chit (northern bus terminal).

When you buy your ticket @ the Koh Chang pier, say where you want to be dropped off and they'll write it on your ticket. Nonetheless, remind the minivan driver as you approach Bangkok. The return trip via minivan takes about 3.5 hours.

I've used the minivans for the return trip to Bangkok 4 times and I've never experienced any problems.

You can buy a round-trip ticket when you buy your Koh Chang ticket @ Ekamai, but I've found the minivan return trip to be faster and more comfortable.