For The U.S. Veterans In The Chiang Mai & Chiang Rai Areas

mouse

Just a general announcement that we the members of VFW Post 12074 of Chiang Mai, Thailand, stand ready to assist the Vets and their Thai Wives or Widows, that may need our help. This is irregardless of whether or not you join us.

For example you might be interested to know that you wife/widow might be eligible for a Widows Pension from the Veterans Administration after you die;

She (your widow upon your demise) may be eligible for if:

If you, the veteran, were discharged from military service under other than dishonorable conditions, AND you the veteran served at least 90 days of active military service, 1 day of which was during a war time period. If he or she entered active duty after September 7, 1980, generally he or she must have served at least 24 months or the full period for which called or ordered to active duty. (There are exceptions to this rule.) AND you are the surviving spouse or unmarried child of the deceased veteran.

If eligible, this could mean between THB 20,000 to THB 30,000 Baht per month, for your widow for life. If children under a certain age are involved then the amount would likely be more.

We have been instrumental in changing the lives of many for the better. Hopefully we can be of service to you!

Have questions, then visit us at Duke's Riverside on the first Saturday of each month.

AD4VFW.png

I didn't see the time of the monthly VFW meeting posted in the OP's post. So for those of you who want to attend, the meeting time is 10:30 AM, Saturday, 2 July, at The Dukes Riverside. If you are interested in joining the VFW but not sure, you will be welcome to come as a guest and sit in on the meeting. This would also be a good time for those of you who are vets but maybe not eligible to be a VFW member to meet us and find out more about your benefits such as the one stated by the OP. We are a service organization and are willing to help all U.S. veterans even if you are not a member.

I didn't see the time of the monthly VFW meeting posted in the OP's post. So for those of you who want to attend, the meeting time is 10:30 AM, Saturday, 2 July, at The Dukes Riverside. If you are interested in joining the VFW but not sure, you will be welcome to come as a guest and sit in on the meeting. This would also be a good time for those of you who are vets but maybe not eligible to be a VFW member to meet us and find out more about your benefits such as the one stated by the OP. We are a service organization and are willing to help all U.S. veterans even if you are not a member.

I have a friend coming to visit me at the end of July through mid-August, not sure if he is a member, but might be interested attending a meeting, if he is here at that time. Is there a web site he can go to for location, dates & times for your meetings?

I have a friend coming to visit me at the end of July through mid-August, not sure if he is a member, but might be interested attending a meeting, if he is here at that time. Is there a web site he can go to for location, dates & times for your meetings?

Yes we have a website and members of other VFW posts are always welcome to attend our meetings on the first Saturday of every month.

http://www.vfw-chiangmai.org/

they may stand ready, however they didn't even reply to my E-mail or post

I'm sorry to hear that you did not get a reply from your e-mail. We have had some difficulties during the past few months due to our webmaster having been in the hospital. Please PM me if you have any questions or if there is anything the VFW can do to help you.

Seeing how you guys offered,... I was denied a medical claim after I retired from the army with 20 years of service. Do you think you can help with that? I have been retired since 2003.

I use to work on army nukes for 8 years and the Patriot missile system for 8 years. By the time I finished those 2 jobs I had pernicious anemia and hypothyroidism. I retired about 4 years after I was diagnosed. I have my medical records with me in Chiang Mai.

Thank you for helping.

Seeing how you guys offered,... I was denied a medical claim after I retired from the army with 20 years of service. Do you think you can help with that? I have been retired since 2003.

I use to work on army nukes for 8 years and the Patriot missile system for 8 years. By the time I finished those 2 jobs I had pernicious anemia and hypothyroidism. I retired about 4 years after I was diagnosed. I have my medical records with me in Chiang Mai.

Thank you for helping.

Please send me a PM with your contact information and I will ask our service officer to set up a meeting with you. Or, just come to our meeting next Saturday morning at the Dukes Riverside at 10:30 am and ask for our service officer.

Thank you for helping.

Please send me a PM with your contact information and I will ask our service officer to set up a meeting with you. Or, just come to our meeting next Saturday morning at the Dukes Riverside at 10:30 am and ask for our service officer.

Hi Bob,

Thank you for your reply. Here is my contact information. Thank's for your help.

Mark Hefner

084-378-5644

//e-mail removed - use PM//

Edited by Tywais
Sorry but e-mail removed as per forum rules

We have had a tremendous response due to the first Post.

Thank you for your input. We are presently responding to various questions such as VA Claims on various disabilities, SBP questions, divorce impact on various benefits etc. as quickly as possible. Remember that each and every case is different.

I ask those that wish to learn more to come to our meetings. Even if not eligible to join us, we will allow you to be present at meetings, learn and give input. Only difference is you will not be allowed to vote.

We of course are always looking for young and new blood to fill our ranks, as we are affected by attrition

Meetings are always at 10:30 on the first Saturday of the month at Duke's Restaurant (presently Riverside)

For those of you searching for other Posts in Thailand, go to this site ( http://ww.vfwdistrict5.com/ ) to find the one that is nearest you.

they may stand ready, however they didn't even reply to my E-mail or post

I'm sorry to hear that you did not get a reply from your e-mail. We have had some difficulties during the past few months due to our webmaster having been in the hospital. Please PM me if you have any questions or if there is anything the VFW can do to help you.

As the webmaster for our Chaing Mai VFW Post, I am aware of no problems with our site due to hospitalizations or anything else. Our website is kept very much up to date and all of the email addresses of officers on the page are correct and functioning.

Not to mention that the webmaster is not responsible for responding to emails in any way. The email links on our site go directly to the individual Post officers and I never see them.

If you or anyone else has any problems with the CM VFW website, please feel to contact me using my email address posted at the very bottom of our page, or PM me through this post. You will find that I do respond..

Thank you.

In support of the OP, some years ago I was given a website to acquire a copy of my DD-214 and my Service Record Book (SRB).

Upon receiving my DD-214 at my home in Hang Dong I applied for a copy of my SRB. Within a month a copy of my SRB was sent to me complete from the day of my original enlistment in June 1958 to the date of final separation June 1969.

That website is................ http://www.archives.gov/veterans/military-service-records/

SEMPER FIDELIS